Please Add Flying to Korthia & The Maw

Why are you against flying? What does it matter if someone can fly down to Maelie, instead of parkouring down? Did you get this concerned when people could cheese the Warlords parkour treasures? Are you unhappy that the Silverwing Larion is easier now? What’s the difference? Why do you care so much to argue about it?

They already are. We fly over them in many different ways already. All buildings are finished, all skyboxes are completely 3D.

Because they originally designed the zones without 3D buildings in places and no finished terrain in spots. They had to go back and redo all of that.

2 Likes

Fun is rarely about what’s necessary, i did most of what the Maw had to offer before they even allowed us to use ground mounts, just because it’s possible it doesn’t mean it’s fun, in fact it made me hate the place so much that i haven’t set foot there in months except to make my way to a raid.

I know they want to drag content out but if they push it so far that nobody wants to even go to the place any more, what’s their engagement statistics on that? All of the stuff that Blizzard pulls to try and drag things out just turns me further and further away from the game to the point where i’m lucky to pull a few hours total per week.

7 Likes

I am not against flying. I like flying but there is no need to put flying in an old zone when most people have finished playing there. That smacks waste of time and resources spent, that would be better spent elsewhere.

Yeah right, I play those areas too.

Then you have no reason to be against someone asking for it. Asking isn’t Blizz implementing it. It’s simply someone asking.

So there was no need to put flying anywhere by that illogical statement. Because people go back to zones quite often.

2 Likes

I wasn’t against them asking for it originally. This is what I said. I objected to them speaking for me. However, since they have been nasty in this thread, I do object to it a lot more now.

I do not have proof as only Blizzard has the data for this, however if you look at the zones design, it is clearly ready to go for flying minus a few background changes and invisible barriers around the zone.

Demon Hunters can pretty much get anywhere you would want to go with flying already anyways.

They can’t because the area was made under an “illusion”. Older zones have had this design too, like Argus. If you flew you would fall out of bounds and see glitches and crazy stuff.

No one was speaking for you that I can see.

And Verasia has responded to you three or four times. None of which was nasty in any way.

You seem to want to argue just to argue, with no logical defense against anything. So… I guess have fun with that. Because I’m not going to indulge you any longer. Everything has been well explained. Please read it all.

3 Likes

All of the other 4 Shadowlands zones are designed the same way. They just added invisible barriers to keep you from flying out too far.

4 Likes

That is because they edited their post AFTER I made mine. Claiming I said things that I didn’t just to attack me and argue is nasty. I know the truth, you obviously don’t.

And sure Rhielle you go and play now.

It’s not. At all. Nowhere near the same as Argus. Korthia and the Maw have skyboxes and we also fly over them quite often. Just like the regular zones, once you hit the end of the island, you’ll hit a barrier. That’s all.

You are correct, however, the Maw wasn’t added near the end of the expac, it was there from the start and Korthia is just another part of the Maw. So, no flying there.

Personally, I think there are far too many no fly zones in the game already and going forward there shouldn’t be anymore, in any expac from here on out. Ever.

Semper Fi! :us:

2 Likes

I’ll bite one last time, because I’m sorry… are you claiming that the OP somehow attacked you personally in their original post when there were no other posts in existence yet? Because that doesn’t make much sense. No other post was edited by them and there is no attacking you, nor is arguing with someone “nasty.” Unless you’re trying to say that everything you’ve said is also nasty, since all you’ve done is argue.

Again, your posts aren’t making much sense here. Sorry. And if they edited what was said, it was to move past whatever issue you seem to have and fix the problem. You’re the only one that’s still making it a problem, when it no longer exists. They could have left it and they didn’t. Maybe try to move forward, too. Have a good night.

2 Likes

If we are talking about the last released content or the end content without a new map then think it is more like;
Vanilla - n/a
BC - Isle of Quel’Danas - 1 dungeon + 1 raid - no flight
Wrath - Icecrown - 4 dungeons + 2 raids - flight
Cata - Caverns of Time - 2 dungeons + 1 raid - flight
MoP - Timeless Isles - no flight
WoD - Tanaan Jungle - 1 raid - flight
Legion - Argus - 1 dungeon + 1 raid - no flight
BfA - Vale of Eternal Blossoms/Uldum - 1 raid - flight
SLands - Zereth Mortis - flight

I hope I got them all right, so based on the last content/zone 5 had flight and 4 had no flight.

I don’t really do much in the maw…but I sympathize with the Korthia bit. Even with the shardhide toy you can’t always make the island in time. The zone is small enough that I don’t care that there isn’t flying…but it would be a nice QOL boost if they made a portal from Korthia town to the vault of secrets. There is a flight but it takes too long. Also, it would be nice if you could dismount mid flight.

A bit of an unrelated note…when you are 0.1 seconds late to a Korthia elite and don’t get the kill…and this happens multiple times in a row…that is frustrating. I don’t get frustrated easily but when this happens 2…3 times in a row it feels bad. Fortunately this has been a very rare occurrence for me but it’s the only time in SL I can remember ever getting frustrated.

Very nice!

But Korthia and the Maw aren’t last patch zones. They’re like Broken Shore and Nazjatar and Mechagon.

I need to fly in the Maw. A desperate need.

3 Likes

Why can Kyrian and Mawsworn fly but I can’t?!

6 Likes

yeah you do the same thing too. So of course you don’t think making up things is nasty trolling.

If you actually saw the first post and then looked at my response and then their response which was total fiction then you might understand the scenerio here, but instead you continue to think you know everything as always.

Maybe a better idea for you is just to stick to the topic of the thread instead of going around trying to police everyone in such a condescending manner and starting fights.