Players would be more supportive of lesbian characters than gay ones

Yeah why do people care so much?! It isn’t affecting them.

Again, I don’t mind the depiction of scantily clad women in media. The problem is both that the men in such universes usually aren’t similarly saddled with such fashion disasters as well as the fact that there’s often a poor interpretation of what actually constitutes a ‘powerful woman’. It’s like the constant depiction of high schools that feature (both in real life and in fiction) male characters in full uniforms, and female characters in stockings, skirts, and revealing their thighs. That’s not cool. Uniforms should be, well, uniform.

Not cool to who, you, the minority? Weird no one in japan ever complains about this and it is basically like this in every single anime and that stuff sells great. Weird huh?

Request citation and actual figures. Because if that’s wholly true, then it’s sad to think that more men are not accepting of gay characters than women are of lesbians.

People are too busy working themselves to death in Japan to care.

1 Like

I am not Japanese, so I cannot speak for their culture and those within it, but from the outside looking in, there are definite problems with their depiction of women versus their depiction of men. FF14, a game I enjoy, has major issues like this, as well as anything regarding anthropomorphism. Male anthros? Full on bestial-looking. Female “anthros”? Ears and tail, maybe markings if they’re feeling particularly daring. C’mon, you don’t see the problem?

IKR I feel bad for them.

I literally just gave you what to google since blizzard forums suck balls and don’t allow links?

You say doing it with a manly hairy muscular dude like it’s a bad thing.

My real problem with this post is: Valeera with…a literal corpse?

That’s…new levels of not right.

Again, quasi-necro relations. Our lightforged compadre is right. There is no other way.

71% of suicides in japan are male and they are the ones being worked to death so the “poor oppressed females” over there have plenty of time to cry on twitter about how drawings are oppressing them.

Except that is only western people like you who like to ruin the fun.

https://www.amnesty.org.au/japans-sexism-problem-runs-deep/

Idk what that is suppose to mean. I already know that… And? Imagine thinking some of these problems are because of drawings and sexy woman.

Maybe that is the key to being a first world, low crime rate country.

Alrighty then.

Slowly walks out of thread.

yeah its kind of a non issue for me personally.

I mean, should we be hiding LGBTQ representation from kids? I think it’s okay to normalize all kinds of relationships.

4 Likes

Japan is a very sexist society who literally had to make a woman-only space in trains because the amount of gropers and sexual harassers was out of control.

Not to mention a very broken justice system and a rapidly aging population with no one to replace them since they have little to no immigration.

Japan has tons of problems, you people have to stop making it sound like some kind of paradise.

6 Likes

No joke, been there and done that. Japan has it’s issues, like anywhere else. Sexism is super high on the list, it’s actually scary just how casual it all is over there.

I think the players in my guilds are supportive of all LGBT+ characters… could be something to do with the guilds though…

Weird i never said it was a paradise. It just is not ruined by PCness that has plagued and destroyed western countries.

They probably saw how well immigration went in europe in 2015 and the thought disappeared instantly.