Players would be more supportive of lesbian characters than gay ones

Hard not to announce one’s sexuality when you openly become a couple. (Shaw and Flynn)

Doubt you’d have the same reaction if Taelia and Flynn came out as a couple, huh?

2 Likes

I’m saying it isn’t a big deal and it’s weird that it needs to be announced on wowhead and on the forums. They don’t announce when a couple is straight so why announce if they aren’t. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

wowhead also closed the comments like 30 minutes after when they celebrated the transgender character and deleted half the comments.

Nobody officially “announced” Shaw and Flynn, it’s in the new book. It gets talked about alot because some are happy for the representation, and some feel attacked for some reason.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t matter what players would be more supprtive of, the only important things imo should be increasing representation and doing so in a way that makes sense. Prior to this Shaw hasn’t had any kind of romance so him being gay works, and Flynn being bi makes perfect sense with his adventurous personality. So pairing them together improves representation in a way that also fits with the story, which is a good thing all around.

Also, if I had to guess I would say the reason more of us straight men are supportive of lesbians, if that’s true at all, is actually because many sometimes fantasize about them in a fetish kind of way, and that kind of objectification isn’t really any better. How would you feel if people only supported who you were because of gross things they enjoyed thinking about?

1 Like

Id say it was more of a spectacle to put them in a league they had no business being in. They didn’t down their first tower until 20 or 30 games in. They moved to an all women’s only league after 50 something games.

Honestly it hurt women’s reputation going into esports with the stunt the team owner pulled. They used them for press without a care as to how they would be perceived.

objectification.

Oh boy. You sound like the same people who say “sexy woman is misogynistic but naked men = empowering to fight the oppression”

Don’t want to get started about “representation” crap.

It would be great, but how do you get your virtue points if you don’t raise awareness? :stuck_out_tongue:

Just follow blizzards example.

Op be like, men fetishize lesbians, as if this is something new and interesting.

In other news, the sky appears blue, water is wet, and snow is cold.

2 Likes

Yes I am lol!! She does have major lore though. =)

Kneeshooter!

Hey, when I was younger I played Delta Force 2 at the very top level, which wasn’t very high, but I was there.

I’d played the season and was heading into the finals, and of course everyone knew Jenny was going to be there also, 9 males players, 1 girl in the finals.

Back then I could hit a moving pixel at a 1000 yards and I was holding my own mostly when Jenny finally realized where I was shooting from and then it was over quick after that.

This girl, totally blond, young and very pretty absolutely destroyed all the guys, and it wasn’t even close, and there were 4 Russians there too if I remember right, maybe more, but they were dispatched quickly also.

I learnt back then not to ‘listen to the whispers’, just like Arator! :rofl:

Does it matter which gender someone loves. :expressionless:

… Okay? And? It’s still sexist to go ‘two girls are hot but two guys are not’. It’s objectifying an entire preference and still reducing women to objects to ogle.

Bad look OP.

1 Like

It isn’t but ok since you would say naked woman in bikini type clothes = misogyny . naked men= empowering to fight the fake wage gap.

Stuff happens all the time in japan and they do just fine.

Yea after hearing about Shaw from pyromancer. Kinda killed any interests in getting the book. That sucks because they set up Shaw to get with Valeera Sanguinar. So instead of actually getting the book or audio. Just gonna check out spoiler videos on what happens. Don’t want to get sick reading about two guys.

Whats odd is they promote gay stuff. Yet avoid adding any skimpy armors in game because there afraid of what kids will see.

That’s kind of diluting the issue though. The problem isn’t ‘women in bikinis’. The problem is that ‘women in bikinis’ are pushed forward with AGGRESSIVE sexualization, whereas ‘men in loincloths’ are typically posed and shot from more flattering and ‘powerful’ posing. It’s a disparity in representation and presentation. Also the other problem is very often the fantasy trope is ‘women in bikinis’ alongside ‘men in fully-covering plate mail’. Which, again, is objectifying and demeaning.

EDIT: You also have the problem that these women are often written by men. In a vacuum, that’s not a problem, but we have literal centuries of misogynistic thought lining our brains. This informs the writing of characters subconsciously, and it’s so hard to scrub. So, often a female character falls into the usual ‘action girl’ tropes.

IKR! Hey do people care so god much what gender another person loves… It doesn’t matter for gods sake. If you love someone you love them.

And if you are actually being serious, this is why western games always has hideous females in it… Lucky us.

Who even cares. Sleep with whoever you want, it has no affect on me unless my significant other has something they need to tell me and my marriage becomes a Grace and Frankie spin off.

1 Like