Players would be more supportive of lesbian characters than gay ones

I don’t care if you love a fire hydrant

1 Like

Not really. most gamers are guys and if you look up stats that say girls play this % of games the games they play are mostly phone games and puzzle games. They aren’t in any esports. I can probably count the number of times i’ve heard a girl on voice chat on my fingers.

Shaw and Flynn are far from being one-dimensional I’d say.

5 Likes

100% and that’s the right way to go make them likeable characters who also happen to be gay

Of the 2 guilds I am in I know of at least a dozen women, so you need to increase your sample size.

3 Likes

Meh I only have a few issues with Flynn being gay. Ultimately though I honestly don’t care. Blizzards story their choice. I just think it’s a bad idea to make the first openly gay character to be a rogue trainer. It’s just… idk. Rogues do it from behind, can see Flynn to learn how. you know what I mean?

Stealthy attacks from behind :kissing_heart:

A stupid meme shouldn’t prevent a character from being gay or bi.

An interesting point. I suspect that has nothing to do with how many women play WoW but rather that male teams don’t want women on their teams for reasons.

If I was a very wealthy woman I’d recruit a kickbutt team of women players and we’d see just how well they played. I’m rather surprised there isn’t one already. Is there one already? I don’t watch esports so I don’t know.

1 Like

As a straight male. It doesn’t matter. I care more about the actual character than who they want to sleep with.

I agree, it’s just… I think it would of been better to have some other character be the first. Maybe wrap around to Flynn later so it doesn’t seem like just a giant joke.

They’re actually the greatest example of how video-game characters can be well developed, well liked and just happen to be gay instead of just existing for the purpose of being gay.

2 Likes

How could you even consider that?! There’s got to be some other way!

LOL yup that is the issue. There was a diversity i mean all womans league of legends team in russia. Guess what happened? They got obliterated by the mens team. They lost with a score of 52-2. Google “vaevictis esports”.

Oh no, we’re too late. These people they are all infected. They may seem fine now but it’s just a matter of time before they turn into Trolls.

Ah so, one team losing = all women play badly?

Gotcha.

4 Likes

Thing is I keep hearing this but I can’t recall a single character in gaming who was made just to be gay. Perhaps I’m getting old and my memory is failing me.

I’d be more supportive of Blizzard discontinuing their virtue signaling altogether.

3 Likes

Why does an NPC’s sexuality even need to be announced?.. tf does it matter.

Useless topics generate useless comments which then on these specific forums generates useless arguing.

Whyyyy