Player Housing - What I'd be happy with

I think you’re over estimating the players that want player housing.

Truth be told most players don’t care about player housing.

I’m going to call BS on that one as you have zero concept of overhead or how a board works.

And? There’s zero relevance or correlation between dragon riding and player housing.

Until people complain about that as well.

That’s also bonus dev/design time on more cosmetic items.

Considering how little the amount of people that want it?

Mog and collectibles (like mounts) are good because they’re a portable way to show off.

Housing, not so much. I think it’s an underrated flaw of housing vis-a-vis the portable stuff.

Housing is a thing to tinker around with, but comes up short in the portability department.

1 Like

You got some numbers on this, skippy?

Considering every other MMORPG I’ve played has player housing and it’s insanely easy to make money off of it, while keeping players engaged… I honestly don’t think you have a clue what you’re talking about.

People complain about the cash shop. News at 11. :rofl:

All of the assets already exist. We see them constantly everywhere we look.

Still waiting on those numbers, honey.

1 Like

My rough idea for how I’d like it to work:

1. I want to be able to put my house in different locations around Azeroth, but I’m not sure how that would work. Like could they create an instance with a view overlooking Orgrimmar? Could they create an instance on one of the rock pillars overlooking the Maelstrom? Or would we have “generic” instances where you get the look and feel of a specific zone but you can’t otherwise notice the landmarks of that zone from your house instance? Like using the rock and crystal assets of Deepholm, but you can’t actually see the Temple of Earth or Therazane’s Throne from your house.

2. I want different themes for the house itself. Most obviously these would be racial themes, but I wouldn’t want them to be limited to the race you are (ie as a Draenei I can still choose the Pandaren theme or what have you). These themes would be independent of the zone you chose as well, so I could be a Draenei with a Highmountain Tauren themed house living in an instance that looks like Deepholm. You could start with racial themes, and gradually add more over time, like themes based on Azeroth’s geography, or maybe just random themes that don’t really fit with WoW but they’re still fun (like the Valentine’s Anime outfit they gave us but for houses).

3. Expandable house with functional rooms. This is kinda like the Garrison where you can level it up to add more plots to build on, and pick what kind of rooms you want. One big difference I’d like to see from Garrisons is that I want to be able to downsize as well, and I don’t want there to be empty rooms if possible. So if I have a tailoring room, for example, and I decide I don’t want it anymore, I can delete it, and the room itself will go away, not just the tailoring stuff inside it. This might be complicated to create so it’s not super necessary from my POV.

4. Rooms could include profession tables/work order stations, maybe one room has portals (up to 2, 3 or 4 that you can set to certain locations of your choosing), maybe one room has trophies from bosses, maybe one room is a menagerie to show off pets or mounts, maybe one room has mannequins that you can set to display certain transmogs (maybe these would be your saved transmog sets in the dropdown menu of the transmog screen, maybe they would be tier sets, you can have the freedom to pick and choose, maybe the mannequins double as raider training dummies). Would still like to have basic rooms like “living room” with furniture for sitting, tables, decorations, etc.

5. The house has its own hearthstone, with its own CD. Potentially you could add unique visual effects to this hearthstone too, just like with the normal hearthstone toys we have.

6. Generic household decorations (couches, plants, tables, miscellaneous pieces could be purchased from various vendors. Like Sendryn said, new factions can introduce new items, they can be themed for that faction. I’d like boss dropped items to feel “special” and thematic to that boss, like a trophy. Their horns or their weapon that you can mount on a wall somewhere.

7. Customization extends outside of the house too. I want to be able to have some type of yard (perhaps where you’d fine the menagerie mentioned earlier), and be able to put boss trophies out there, also including generic “furniture” like fences, shrubbery and other yard decorations (like mini replicas of the DF oathstones, as an example).

8. Most of this customization can and should be evergreen features, as we move through new expansions, we can unlock new biomes, house themes, and decorative pieces that fit that expansion (like a Drustvar biome, a gothic Revendreth house theme, Emerald Dream decorations.

Maybe missing some stuff but realizing this is already very long and I don’t know whether to start my own thread or not but I don’t want to take over OP’s thread anymore than I already have.

1 Like

Public listings, scoring systems, etc. keep player housing just as flaunt-able.

1 Like

lmao…like you are underestimating them?
again…no one ASKED for dragonriding. matter of fact some fit tossing was going on in here when it was announced for time better spent on other things. Now we all love it.

Im sorry…can you show me the poll of the ENTIRE worldwide player base you took for this joke conclusion?
i’ll expect it in your NEXT post.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
That is SOOO cute…how you reallly seem to think i give a rats rump about your opinion here.
All that gold, silver, platinum and palladium ive been hording for 40 years with my business income says hello.

Board? what in gods name are you foaming on about? A discussion board or a corporation?
The latter is as irrelevant as the former to THIS discussion
if you are going to try to sound smart, son…do better…

lmao…
point >>>
you

Since you somehow missed it YOU said there isnt any support for housing…very little…and the POINT was…there wasnt ANY for dragon riding either. and here we are. Its beloved by most now.

I knew I had you on ignore for a reason, I just couldnt remember why.

1 Like

yeah…definitely not entirely the same…but one of the reasons I say dont put anything to ‘do’ in there.
it’ll be cool to collect boss head trophies and such, but I dont want to live my game life in there.

There is also the idea where you could invite other players in to show your house off, I spose.

It’s not in the game.

If this was something that the majority wanted and was profitable it would be in the game.

Considering every other mmorpg falls short this isn’t that much of a flex.

That’s my point. In order for it to be profitable there would be costs incurred to cover the art time as well as make a profit on it.

Show me some numbers that back up the majority of players want player housing.

In other words, no.

Just making stuff up and ignoring the interviews.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Those MMORPGs still exist and are still making money and still have players. Housing is part of that reason.

Nope. Learn how decos work.

I’m not the one who claimed numbers. You are. Poor attempt.

Seeing as how you know absolutely nothing about player housing, I am not giving you the time of day in this thread any longer.

You got nothing as far as an argument goes. It’s always people like you with no clue what you’re on about that try to claim this nonsense. Even Blizz didn’t claim this nonsense. lol

1 Like

WRONG.
the majority DIDNT ASK for dragonriding…and here we are. lol
I doubt the majority asked for pet battling and collecting way back when…
FACTUALLY, we ARE asking for housing and have been for as long as Ive been a member here…6+ years of seeing this topic come up again and again.
ESO has housing. I doubt theyve lost a dime or player over it being there.

omg…dude, just stop. its VERY clear youve never run a business in your life. lol
a REAL business owner would know that you tap EVERY POSSIBLE resource possibility lmao.
Player housing and the probability of keeping players logged in and playing IS one.

Dont need to.
YOU are the one who made the assertion son…burden of proof is on YOU to PROVE that no one wants housing.

1 Like

I’m not underestimating anything. Even the forums the people that want housing are a minority and the forum is an extreme minority of the player base.

And still comparing DR to housing is comparing apples to oranges.

It’s not in the game.

Can you show me a pool where the majority of players want housing? I’ll expect it in your next post.

Imagine making things up to flex on a game forum.

Thanks for proving you don’t have a clue how major corporations work.

The CEO answers to a board of directors who also answer to the investors.

It’s not as simple as “spend xyz amount of this budget in player housing development”

You would have to actually make a point.

You’re comparing two different things and clearly aren’t smart enough to notice the difference.

Brewa already pointed out that the cosmetic work on DR mounts is able to be shown off.

Because you can’t make any actual arguments and dislike getting your weak points shredded?

You can’t make a claim and then ask other people to disprove your claim, that’s not how that works. You were the one that brought the numbers into it, the burden of proof falls on you to provide support for what you claimed.

3 Likes

see my previous post, son.
you are wasting our time trying to get attention lol.
youre jokish questions have been answered. Youre not wasting my time today…back to ignore you go.

lmao…no…son…the point…AGAIN…is that you cant use this joke that ‘no one wants’ crap because NO ONE ASKED for dragonriding either
pretty simple concepts here lol

1 Like

Nope, guild halls won’t save guilds. No one wants them but maybe the guild leader.

They guild halls have less chance of happening than player housing does.

1 Like

Incorrect.

Like I said. If the majority of players wanted housing it would be in the game.

Back on ignore becaus you can’t make valid points which is why you ignored the multiple points I made.

Bless your heart :joy:

Thanks for proving you don’t understand how big business works.

And you clearly aren’t smart enough to realize that just because a minority of players are asking for something and no one asked for DR is apples and oranges.

Just because people have asked for player housing has zero correlation with people not asking for DR and it being added.

Just because no one asked for DR and people have asked for player housing means absolutely nothing. That’s not an argument.

Man, some people are really toxic for no other reason than to serve their own arrogance :confused:

2 Likes

lol…you can ALWAYS tell the ones who dont actually have good arguments. They are religiously making the assertions then tell YOU to ‘go look it up’ when they cant prove themselves.
I deal with that joke on other debate oriented websites all the time.

Factually we already have RPG material in the game…mogs & pets, etc…which seem to be quite popular given the godless amount of gold Ive made farming them and selling on the AH.

This guy doesnt want housing. Great for him. But hes not the representative for the playerbase whether he grasps that fact or not.

1 Like

I wonder if guilds could be revived AND save some PvP in the game by having the faction war die, but replacing it with a system of guilds against guilds, with rewards and achieves AND big trophies to put into our player housing?
Two birds, one stone as it were.

1 Like