Player Housing - What I'd be happy with

Individual design customizations, like furniture, would be a staple for player housing, if they implement it properly. It’s transmog for your house. But I don’t want to kill Fyrakk and get a couch as my loot, so they’d need to figure out what to do there.

2 Likes

Fiery horns to mount on the wall. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they do housing I ONLY want it to be 100% purely cosmetics with NOTHING in there for me to do OTHER than collect my cosmetics and put them around the place.
Portals would be fine. I dont want a crafting table there or anything to do with professions, personally. That’d keep me in there half the day, lol.

1 Like

This is a cool idea, then basic furniture can be bought for gold from a vendor, which would be a great gold sink.

3 Likes

Nice.

And also every profession can craft stuff, every rep faction can have stuff for sale, open world can drop stuff, dungeons can drop stuff, raids can drop stuff, PvP can drop stuff… the list goes on and on.

1 Like

Everyone has different preferences. For me it just felt limiting. I’m not great at building either, despite others saying I’m good at it. But…The hooks just frustrated me more than anything. Like Oh I got this great piece of furniture and there’s a spot that it would look amazing in…oh it’s not the right hook.

Eats popcorn

if they try to do it like ESO, move crap anywhere, its never gonna happen.
If they do preset spots…like on the walls for painting and boss head trophies…fixed spots for furniture we can hunt for, etc…then the game is already able to do all that as proven by…well, the entire game lol.

id like to see a couple base houses initially. Something instanced. Could literally at first just be a door in stormwind or orgrimmar that is the entrance.
Then later incarnations could be actual models outside with the doors going into the instance akin to the garrison.

I dont see ion ever doing ESO style housing. This game you cant even toss stuff down onto the ground like the ES series has had, its vaporized if you toss it out.

Just make instanced housing, make a ton of fixed spots in there to put stuff…then add crap tons of stuff for me to farm to put in there, including big boss head trophies to hang on the walls.

2 Likes

If there’s enough layouts and options, I feel a lot can be achieved. But it’s most likely the style that Blizz will be able to do, given how their hook system seems to work already.

1 Like

Possibly. But we’ll see. I personally hope they go a different rout, but in the end only Blizz knows what they will choose.

lmao…I got a chest for storage in ESO for the housing there off some world trash :joy:

What I would be happy with is people stop trying to beat this poor horse and realize that anything that would take that much dev time has to have a way to gain revenue.

No business is going to drop a ton of money and RND time into something that doesn’t make the company money.

The faction changes by allowing cross faction and stuff raises money for people to faction change. I know multiple people that went back to alliance once that became an option and didn’t have to leave their guild.

There isn’t any money in player housing for multiple reasons.

The amount of people that want housing is a minority. On top of that unless they charge outlandish gold for each aspect there’s no way to make money off of it. If they do that you all would complain about token sales.

People who don’t have a clue how businesses work need to stop beating this horse.

1 Like

they took a chance on dragonriding. lol.
They went nuts with DRing mount mods. lol
We already have tons of mogs with them adding a ton every expansion.
this is HARDLY something that wont keep players logged in and playing more, so I have no idea what it is youre actually going on about. lol.
This has as much potential as mog hunting, pet collecting and mount mod farming does.

when you buy this forum son, THEN you tell us what we’re allowed to say in here.
Business owner since 1985 here…how about you?

lmao…literally NO ONE was begging for dragonriding. lol
And here we are. Most of us love it.

1 Like

And? Put the decos in the Trading Post and cash shop. Problem solved.

ROFLMAO :rofl:

3 Likes

The world doesn’t have to be isolating just because you have an AH in your house. The world just has to have enough to push people out there.

1 Like

boom…there you go…put stuff in the game store too…$$$ incoming, lol

1 Like

Different packs for different seasons and holidays and themes… it’s a freaking goldmine. lol

I mean, just look at how people obsessed over the holiday decorations with the Garrison, because we were all desperately trying to find a way to customize that place better.

Geebus you should see all the deco packs in Old Republic!

1 Like

An AH might be ok. Most of us shop or drop and run.
What I think would be a mistake is anything to ‘do’ in there…mission tables, the garden or fishing type thing. Anything that consumes time will likely be as bad as the garrison was.

2 Likes

Yep! And farming up decos and rep for decos and mats for decos, etc is a huge incentive. :smiley:

2 Likes