Player Housing Variants

I always thought a heavily sharded area of SW or Org would make sense for housing. Offer ~10 exteriors and when you buy one you choose an exterior. The art asset in world with that exterior has an instance portal for you now. The rest are just existing closed off buildings. Intermingle it with various vendors and shops for a city feel.

This way you still get a residential district vibe.

You can still see plenty of other players coming and going because of sharding, but not everyone is visiting the same home.

I’d personally turn mounts off on the street so you see people running to and from and they spend just a little more time here. It also cuts down on visual clutter.

Give us an in game reason to visit our home and allow us to invite 1-x many other players into our personal residence.

—————

As for why, it’s nice to pursue something chill that isn’t character power but do it in a platform that our friends are playing and we’re familiar with.

I love wow, I love m+, I’m loving remix, I enjoyed plunderstorm, I like raiding, I tolerate pvp. You know what? I also love Pokémon and animal crossing. Sometimes it’s nice to go do something else, but I can zone out of my pug group and go tend my small house garden somewhere to kill a few minutes.

Sorry, but this is just your opinion and not a fact. Professions in Dragonflight are not useless. You may not like them, but they’re definitely not useless.

I didn’t do DF beta and I’ve done extremely well on the crafters I’ve put effort into. I don’t even have the lariat recipe on my JC… and getting that drop is luck not skill or special insider knowledge, anyway, lol. I even switched crafting professions on one of my toons late in the expac and still make some cash on her consistently.

Many classes and specs have crafted items for their BiS, which instantly makes professions incredibly useful, whether you like it or not. And no, not all of those are specialized drop crafts, either - I’m talking generic, everyone-learns-it items. For example, my frost mage’s overall BiS wrists are vibrant wildercloth bracers, which is a basic pattern that all tailors can learn, not some specialized drop.

Also not true. Just because you think professions are terrible in DF or you didn’t like the system and couldn’t make money doesn’t make it true.

1 Like

You had to get political, how’s life in Breitbart?

I like how gw2 is putting it in come august ff style is cool if it wasnt limited…:frowning:

I look forward to the day they finally add Player Housing to WoW. :dracthyr_nod:

FEATURES: 2 new classes. builders and interior designers.

HOW TO GET ACCESS TO THE NEIGHBORHOODS: downloadable content. Each account has access to one plot, so choose wisely.

HOW TO GET A HOUSE FOR YOUR PLOT: pre-made models crafted and sold by a new class - builders, in various styles and sizes.

LOCATION AND RACE: housing areas tacked on to the home cities of each racial group, though only faction restricted, meaning a vulpera could have a goblin house or a tauren house, etc, but the styles available would be style restricted for that area. meaning you could live in a tauren house in a tauren neighborhood as a vulpera , for example.

ACTIVITY AND DATA REQUIREMENTS: expanding/shrinking neighborhoods as required with new neighborhoods phased between each other . house interiors are instanced to save on memory load. expired/ inactive accounts have their housing deleted but retained in memory similar to deleted chars and the lot released. if reactivated, the house must be relocated if the lot is presently occupied.

PLOT SIZE: plots contain enough acreage that you can expand house size or add other structures, within reason. a max size house might be a small castle with enough room to add stables and a garden or a guild house with stables and an armory.

MAINTENANCE: upkeep costs isolated to repairs. repairs necessary over time, normal wear and tear. if not maintained, house is deleted after a grace period. (expired/ inactive accounts have their housing deleted but retained in memory similar to deleted chars and the lot released. if reactivated, the house must be relocated if the lot is presently occupied.)

FURNISHINGS: built and sold by other players or found in the world, a new class - interior design, who can create anything thats available for inside a house

TRADING POST ADDITIONS: you can get unique furnishings with trading post tokens

GAME SHOP: you can buy unique homes in the game shop though the plans to build them might be available as super rare drops with ridiculously bad RNG in max level raids

:grin:

I’m leftist as hell and know California’s got a bad housing crisis.

I interviewed for a ~150k/yr SE job awhile back and the housing/renting market was atrocious if I didn’t want an insane commute.

Ended up staying in the midwest because of it.

Yup, i say yup to this.

That way, i won’t have to be limited because somebody thinks my house is an “eyesore” or have to worry about other people coming in my house.

I mean, why people want player housing? To have their own house. To say otherwise … well… Why want housing then?

And Pick a place i fancy being there. Even make it “Scenarioized” with cutting places of the world and putting them in there, allowing us to hearth there and back, use some stuff and etc.

Hell there’s A LOT OF instances that could need some loving, like some of the argus invasions maps. Or BFA Island Expedition maps, or some places in Torghast.

Immersion is subjective.

I don’t see an issue with this since being in your house would be disconnected from the game anyways.

There’s pros and cons to the different implementations, but my preference is instanced housing.

This is one of those things that’s gonna be asked for until either WoW dies, or implements it in some way, no matter how bad lol.

And no, Garrisons didn’t really scratch that itch, people are still asking for housing.

Never say never- people thought Classic was never gonna happen. Same with Classic+, yet SoD now exists.

Transmog exists, housing would be a similar feature- something personal for the player to express themselves and be creative.

I see almost no downsides except for the fact that it segregates players, but phasing, sharding, and Warmode already do that, so idk if it’s gonna do much harm if any.

4 Likes

GW2 new Housing system looks pretty decent. My only real wish is that the instance was a blank canvas rather than a set location. I like having an open empty lot with customizable terrain and skyboxes so I can pick what environment I want to replicate.

The #1 reason why I’ve never bothered with housing in FFXIV is because of the demolition system. The fact that you get evicted and have your furniture thrown out for taking a break is freaking wild to me.

I don’t want my fantasy player house to have the same level of bureaucracy and logistical issues as real life housing. What an utter nightmare.

Another housing thread another opportunity to vote NO to player housing.

I have a house irl I can decorate.
If I wanted to decorate a pixel house I’d play a game made for that.

You guys should try out Sims I heard they do that.

Look, I am already on the outs with the HoA because I don’t play by their rules. They are really going to lose it when I start leaving the heads of my vanquished foes on my front lawn.

“Yeah, send your surveyor around again. So what if my grass is over 4 inches? Behold the glory of my latest victory on this bloody pike!”

2 Likes

You forgot the most important one: Wildstar Housing. That was the best system.

2 Likes

Fully agree with you here.

I miss my rocket house, and a jumping puzzle I put on my own plot, that I earned from a jumping-puzzle daily-quest thing out in the real world.

And some mining nodes I got, that I could come back to and gather from every day.

They had the best ideas, I swear, like mount customization LONG before DF even existed.

I really wish that game panned out, I’d still be playing it.

I stuck with it, until it shut down.

1 Like

Wildstar is/was the best. Nothing else has come close. Couple other decent attempts but nothing on WS’s level

1 Like

All for it as long as they don’t make them mandatory to progress. For just an rp thing.

2 Likes

theyd have to start with basics and expand on it over time. i mean, my void elf still doesnt have new hairstyles. still working with the ten we got 8 years ago. to put that into context blood elves had more than that in tbc and got even more in wrath and bfa, and kul tirans have even less than void elves. something tells me their skeleton crew is already so overloaded, they cant even manage a few hairstyles, much less an extensive housing system

Weird, it says your gear is transmogrified? Shouldn’t you be going to a dressup game for that?

3 Likes