Player Housing possible Leak, "Dragonflight." Let's talk

look the only thing that was confirmed was that the name dragonflight will be in the next expansion thats it the other is fake leaks with a bunch of promises that are far to good to be true and as such obvious fakes to anyone who has been following the story all the leaks and follow the speculation community and the lore one.

exactly…less garrison more Mists farm with some storage and crap to add to it that could easily be added into dungeon and raid drops too.

So much this. Hell, even when they retroactively added the battle pets to old raids people flocked to get those. They sold for fortunes on the AH. It’s very clear that collectibles drive players, and they have the assets in game already thanks to the items they’ve added to the environments. They have these options, just turn them into items that we can collect and craft and place.

If I can turn a mob in Torghast into a chair with Moonfire, I can plop that chair down inside of a building.

2 Likes

Agreed, I would love it if they did a small implementation and then expanded on it each expansion with new layouts, designs from the woodcrafting profession, new trees like OSRS to make new types of furniture, etc.

1 Like

I got a chest in ESO from like some rat or other trash a while back just out piddling around.
If ESO had better combat and races, Id be over there, I think. Ive got like 14 house…and theyre shared by all your characters.

It’s not even evil genie, I think that guild housing should be a thing, without question. I think that is a great way to create team-building, loyalty, and player engagement. I think that it’s foolish to assume wow is still a top grossing Activision title. It’s profitable, but it’s not where it used to be (hearthstone is I believe the top grossing atvi game) and wow without question has capped budgets.

Wod didn’t fail BECAUSE of garrisons, but as you said, wod was built around garrisons because there was so much dev time and resources sunk into the system that it had to be to justify the cost. Those resources could have been spent elsewhere and created a better experience, but they wernt.

Likewise “all players are asking for” is q no true Scotsman fallacy. I have seen threads asking for everything… from one person wanting neighbourhoods that would light up the night sky as you flew by and stretched off into the sunset, to players wanting all their mounts to run around the neighborhoods… blah blah. That’s simply a unlikely event, and so any more instanced housing is going to be a failure, just like they are in gta online. Just like they are in warframe… because the game is not designed around it, so it will at best be a tacked on feature that most players won’t bother involving themselves in.

Unlike guild halls, which tend to be team-building excersizes that players take pride in but don’t seem to expect unending “neighbourhoods” of guild halls to exist that house everybody’s mounts etc etc etc.

The reality is, that if players got player housing the way that the majority of people want that is “true player housing” it would be at least a year of serious dev time and a large budget. That’s like half an expansion. You think this game would honestly thrive if half of an expansion was delivered, with a feature most players don’t really care about? Because that’s what wod delivered and it absolutely bombed.

player housing is like tinkers…

very loud minority

new races/classes/CLASS SKINS that a lot of people want is much better off.

(i.e. light based shadow spec, ogre’s, naga, more High elf options for void elf, maybe one day blizzard go off the deep end and do dryads(A) and Centuar(H), dark ranger skin/class, something with DRAGONS)

Assuming that statement is true (and I think it probably is)…

If you are someone who is really looking forward to housing,

or if you, on the other hand, dislike the idea of housing and wish Blizzard wouldn’t spend the time and resources on it and spend said time and resources elsewhere…

Whichever type of player you are…

Prepare to be disappointed.

Interesting you say new classes are better off but then you compare housing to a class that players ask for. Your point seems a bit moot mate. What I will say is that Player housing is something that can directly enhance a player’s enjoyment of the game and cause little to no damage over the long run, much like new races. A new class is something for players to moan about being too overpowered and lead to distain and distrust of not only a new class but also the devs, IE. DKs and DHs when they came out.

I don’t know anyone who seriously wants housing or thinks it will make the game better, except for the loud people on the forums who pop up time to time like this thread.

it’s easily a expansion worth of development resources and a waste of time that would upset most players for lack of content they actually want. which is character based VISUAL and STATS

WHAT WILL YOU DO IN YOUR HOUSE? sit alone 24/7?

have a party that no one will come because they raiding/mythic+/bg’s/arena with friends already having a blast in discord chatting?

1 Like

I don’t think blizzard could ever implement player housing correctly. They can’t even create a decent patch.

Tanaris, Gadgetzan is free real estate

2 Likes

I’ve been playing for many years; I have skin of steel. I am not one to get physically and emotionally charged just because something didn’t go the way I wanted it to, if I end up not liking something, I will simply leave until the next patch, only happened once, but there you have it. The intention of this post is not to get the player base riled up, it is to have a discussion on what they would like to see if something were to happen like player housing, and how Blizzard can do better this time. It would seem as if your post suggests that Blizzard does nothing but disappointment, and while warranted, I ask you, why do you play?

If I had it my way, I would spend my free time that I am not off fighting evil pixels chopping trees down, enjoying the scenery, making some furniture and selling it on the AH.

If I had it designed in such a way as other games I would hold dueling tourneys while we waited for raid night to start, I would have meetings and mess around with my friends in mine or their houses, I would admire my tangable physical in the game achievement statues/trophies/furniture that I worked so hard to achieve, instead of looking at words on an achievement log.

If I had it my way, I would farm old content and new, for the chance at that mog bed that matches perfectly with the decor of my room.

I would spend my free time landscaping my yard.

All these things are possible in other MMORPGs, and are popular.

I ask you mate, what would you do with your new race/class? Would you play all of them? Would you have each class for each race? Or would you choose the class/race you wanted and stick with it.

You see, my idea affects the entire playerbase, while yours affects a small margin.

4 Likes

This made me laugh because I wasn’t expecting it. Curse you, Keldar.

3 Likes

if you want to immerse your self in the world of Warcraft sights…

plenty of zones that are more breathtaking views/scenery… then a small house with a bed, kitchen, and toilet for me to crap in… I already have one of those in real life, and it;s not that interesting…i rather go o mount hyjal and see the tree’s or high mountain and the glorious mountain…or a snowy place in northrend…or a city of magical mages and elves… maybe even leave the house and smell real tree’s and flowers!

Most players play wow(games in general) to escape reality, not bring everything from it to it.

Yes, but what are you going to do there. Are you just going to view things? With housing you have a tangible objective that gets players out into the world.

oh like professions? which most players hate because it’s just watching a bar fill and fly?

I don’t believe it’s true 1st of all.

And 2nd I think it’s gonna get people excited for about a month and a 1/2 before the reality sits in. Then all the complaints about how shallow or unnecessary it is will come.

And it’s not because player housing is bad it’s just forums are predictable

The garrison technology could be adapted for this purpose. It was an instance where you could visit your party members.