Player Housing possible Leak, "Dragonflight." Let's talk

How are you coming to this conclusion? Because I couldn’t disagree more. Both Wildstar and Runescape had PH features that were fun and engaging for me.

Also note that I’m making it clear this is my opinion. You make yours sound like irrefutable fact.

3 Likes

I’m gonna guess you have never played ESO.

Or any if these games:

I would go so far to argue that FF14 has a horrible player housing system because of the unnecessary artificial scarcity

1 Like

Honestly LOTRO’s housing system is amazing aswell. And players actually utilize it to this day.

Housing would be a nice welcome optional piece of content. It doesn’t have to have amenities available to it like bank access, barbshop, auction house or anything else. It should be a space to call your own. Be able to decorate it as you see fit, Maybe have a place to put trophies that you can get for killing rare or strong creatures.

It could also introduce and re-invigorate professions exponentially. A new timber/logger/carpenter type profession, add furniture, decor and other miscellaneous items across almost all other crafting professions.

They could also give outdoor content to do to unlock optional decorations, set pieces, furniture, just gives more optional content to do that is on the same vain as collections. Something fun to do whenever you feel like it, but not feel obligated to do. No FOMO involved, just optional content to do when you so desire. So, if someone doesn’t care about housing, they can completely ignore it without any impacts to player power or progression, as achievements do not have to be tied to player housing.

The more of that, the better as far as I’m concerned.

9 Likes

I have played eso and it’s housing is complete trash cash grab from the whales

Which part exactly?

Is the part where there are thousands of items that you can literally place anywhere in your house without snapping restrictions?

Or the huge number of houses of various sizes that are available to all players without a silly artificial scarcity system

Or maybe you dislike the ability to have private versions of all crafting stations, transmute stations, merchants, banks, and mundud stones?

You know what…you probably dislike that some housing locations let you build your house from scratch and design it any way you want…yeah, that’s probably it

P.S. It is possible to exchange crown store items for gold in game (similar to tokens but its done through private transactions)…so all players have access to premium houses and furnishings without spending real money

1 Like

star wars galaxies had cultural housing, made by people with the architect profession. because the zones of the game were entire planets, the available real estate was huge compared to wow’s terrain. as a result, you could build your house nearly anywhere as long as it was 1) at least 50 ft from a city/town, 2) not on any water source, including swamps and 3) not on planets that were considered too dangerous (example: endor).

customizations were off the charts, as you could drop anything in the house that you could pick up (and there were alot of things you could pick up), then arrange them on the XYZ access also.

housing interiors were instanced but exteriors were not, as a result you couldnt decorate the yard.

1 Like

I mean I doubt it would be to the scale players would want it honestly. More than likely it would just be a watered down version of garrisons. With kind of a BotW style in terms of how you decorate it to where everything is preset, you just pick the color and theme you want. Over a fully customizable structure that everyone can see in a neighborhood. Given the game isn’t Minecraft or similar games honestly, it wouldn’t be able to handle something like that.

If we do see housing I guesntee most will be disappointed with it as it won’t be the version they imagined it to be at all.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. End game for the end game.

I wouldn’t want a bank or AH but I would like there to be some kind of functionality to the housing.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Wow doesn’t need “player housing” because outside of extemely tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny number NOBODY IS GOING TO VISIT YOUR HOUSE.

Player housing people seem to think wow is rust, or mine craft, or whatever where they can just plop down structures wherever and then “show off” all their stuff.

Or there would be “neighbiurhoods” and they use examples of games designed from the ground up with these systems in mind.

That’s not wow. At BEST you will get more player instanced housing. Nobody will see it unless you invite them in, and just like garrisons… nobody cares. At all.

So the devs will spend endless resources and time designing more systems that “won’t be good enough” and will completely and utterly bomb. Again. But this isn’t wod, this game is already struggling. They can’t afford to have another massive turd like wod, and part of wods failure was so much was dumped into developing garrisons because it was such a ground up redesign of how wow works… that other things got neglected or pushed back/scrapped in leu of this banner feature.

And it was an utter failure. Just like instance housing in gta online is a failure, just like custom interiors of your ship in warframe is a failure. Because nobody cares and nobody is going to visit it.

Devs shouldn’t waste their time on that nonsense until they have a lot of spare time to do so because the game is in a good place. It is not. We don’t need 30% of the dev budget to be allocated to stuff that serves 0.0001% of the playerbase

It just isn’t the type of genre for it. Player housing is a complete mess in FF14, was abandoned early in GW2 and shouldn’t be in WoW.

The development time could be so much better spent anywhere else.

Save the home building for Valheim and Animal Crossing

Yea, that’s why I made this post, I am hoping Blizzard sees that there is actual player base behind the idea and the conclusion is that garrisons weren’t it, but there is a definite need for resources thrown at player housing. I doubt they would ever release a garrison 2.0 they know they have to make it like other games for it to even compare, or, well, “bad press,” and they don’t want or need that right now, they need to hit it out of the park with 10.0. I think the engine could handle it if it were instanced neighborhoods, but I know nothing of the game engine and I would assume most of the player base doesn’t either. It’s just nice to dream.

I still believe the player housing interest is higher than Mythic raiding, and Blizzard puts loads of resources into that. Maybe it’s time to look into doing something different since the status quo hasn’t been working.

There’s a fairly large community who loves stuff like this. Just because you aren’t doesn’t mean it would be a waste of resources. It has been very successful in other MMOs (FF14 and Wildstar as good examples), and there are even enough individuals in this thread to show there’s a general interest in it. It isn’t a right or wrong situation, your opinion is it would be a waste of resources and mine is that I think it would be a good idea for them to invest time into.

7 Likes

how you could assure its success is to have it be a separate project, employing a whole new crew so resources dont have to be swiped from wow proper, and have it be an add-on to the game, like a mini expac, that players actually have to buy from the game store.

Player housing will be great IF they plan to keep on updating it past 10.0’s lifespan into 11.0 and beyond.

WOD didn’t fail because of the garrison directly, it’s just a nice short way to explain why WOD failed. WOD failed because the game was released and designed around the Garrison. All the players want and are asking for is instanced neighborhood housing not directly tied to the expansion. If you are thinking there is a tiny limit on the budget for one of Blizzard’s top grossing games you are incorrect. They have time, they have money, they have ideas, and they will do what they think is best. I want to point out that this is the first truly negative post we made it 74 before it happened, pretty good. Thats a lot of people who disagree with you.

Ah but I have now seen your evil genie post and I get it, you made yourself scared of Blizzard lol. Funny post, however. Yes, Blizzard has sucked at listening in the past, maybe they’re getting better for 10.0 tho, kind of seems like it, everything with a grain of salt though.

This has got to happen. Player housing or not, Blizzard has GOT to stop dropping things that they make the moment they either
A) Received badly by the general player base.
Or
B) Move on to the next expansion.

The amount of effort that they put into these systems and extra activities only to dump them is a lot of wasted effort and time. They cannot keep that up.

9 Likes

Just do it like ESO…literally verbatim.
just cosmetic with a free hearth.

imagine how much could have been added for the long term game if they hadnt wasted the man hours on these trash systems and currencies and everything connected to them.
Lots of us farm mogs…lots of us would farm the hell out of housing items…Id frankly even raid if they wanted to put some really cool housing items in normal drops.

4 Likes