Player housing is stupid, and i hope it never gets added to WoW

Maybe for you but not for others. Again, I’ve spent years working on my Rift and Old Republic housing. Still do. Because there’s always new decos.

This has already been refuted multiple times.

1 Like

Garrison is all you needed to have said. It’s a place for you almost only, you can invite players in, but nothing else about it was appealing. Totally useless!

You are trying to have a discussion on the value of different types of content to different players with someone who is convinced that only the content they like counts, and everybody who enjoys anything different from him is playing the game wrong and should be stopped.

2 Likes

Wait I thought this is the game I purchased and currently playing?!

1 Like

Well put. It’s a great feature for a social roleplaying game and shouldn’t be poo-poo’d just because it doesn’t involve making big numbers, beating increasingly complex computer scripts, or pwning noobs.

2 Likes

I dk,with inviting horde to a party anything can happen.

Unfortunately their brain dead thinking doesn’t take into account that player housing should be an evergreen feature of the game that people can work on throughout expansions and not some kind of off world thing only viable for one expansion .

1 Like

I’m just wondering how good player housing could actually be in this game.

“Stormwind Chair #1 and #2” ?
“Thunderbluff tent” ?

I just don’t see WoW adding something like this unless they spend a lot of time on it. And they’ve had the time with Shadowlands. It’s going to run the entire length of a normal expansion but the content has been cut. I don’t like player housing in other MMOs myself so I wouldn’t really partake in it.

I think WoW has enough cosmetic stuff already. I don’t know when MMORPGs became The Sims or Stardew Valley but there is a genre for that stuff, not sure if people know that anymore.

1 Like

I’m honestly pretty tired of xpac-tied features at this point, especially with how many of them could be tweaked to work across expansions with very little effort. It makes absolutely no sense, they’re setting what’s probably tens of thousands of man-hours on fire each expansion and then wondering why they’re struggling with producing high quality patches at a decent cadence.

1 Like

what a stunningly bad take. clearly you were a day early to Sunday.

They had a chance of doing it right with the class halls .

They could of made it so that our class halls are where we go to pick up the starting quest of an expansion .

THey are already on Azeroth so they would get more use then the garrisons on Draenor.

1 Like

I like the cosmetics we have as is because we take them out into the world for others to see. Housing is entirely opt in and you can’t show off there. Also the act of collecting at least with all the things addon feels like you are gaining meta-progression. Gaining permanence even when the gear means nothing in 5-7 months. A chair does not create the same feelings.

Getting people into the action more and having to wait less for the walls that the devs put up to slow down 0.001% players progression is more important. Like the time it took for them to make account-wide essences in 8.3, and the corruption vendor. Plus spec specific conduit upgrading in 9.1. And wait for creation catalyst, whatever we’ll get as QoL when the first HoF closes and the arrival of instanced cross faction play. Those are more important things because those facilitate ease of play for the content in which said player housing materials will come from mostly. Aka a more enjoyable raid/dungeon will make the unnecessary frustration of trying to get a player housing piece be lessened.

However since the barriers still exist (and are put up each new patch purposely), then the addition of more fomo/cosmetic pressure behind said content will only annoy people.

Yep, class halls are the epitome of a base game feature. They’re foundational and easy to build upon going forward.

Artifact weapons too, really. Their lore already ties them to the universe as a whole instead of the expansion, and Blizz doesn’t actually need to extend the artifact ability/talent system unless they really want to (so there’s no “talent bloat” problem). I would’ve loved to take my artifact weapon into BfA with a handful of improvements/tweaks.

1 Like

You know green fire? Look at azerite essences, those could have been cosmetic replacements for similar spells (we carry on to SL sort of like mage tower weapons). I am there with you on the lack of permanence.

1 Like

The problem is 2 fold with the artifact weapons .

1: At the end we depleated their powers to weaken Sargeras’ Sword
2: People like getting weapon upgrades.

Another thing is the the artifact weapons were the start of the passive talent tree systems ,where we had to earn back passive abilities over time to feel like we were as powerful as we were at the end of Warlords .

A good system would not have us have to re-earn the power back but have us expand on it .

2 Likes

Yes, I definitely agree here. I’m not into more cosmetics, this game has plenty. I have recently started playing again because this is the last major patch of the expansion. I have been doing that since WoD. FOMO isn’t something I support when the game is not doing well, and isn’t fun. They need to focus on that - not sitting in a house decorating.

Agree that the passive bits shouldn’t reset.

As much as Artifact Power was maligned, I actually liked how they could be leveled. It meant that one of your pillar pieces of gear could reliably be improved as long as you put in the time, and the power increase over time was tangible. Especially on melee it sucks having to go for ages with some dumpy weapon because RNGesus doesn’t favor you.

1 Like

I’m a mm hunter RNGesus and Ion hate us . So I switched and started sacrificing virgin gnomes to Lootcifer :joy:

It’s pointless nonsense. My great hero and champion who has adventured across dimensions is going to go visit fantasy Ikea…give me a break. Just like the PokeWoW rubbish.

I would prefer they take the budget they spend paying people to design and implement that frippery, and instead hire more people for their raid and dungeon teams.

Are you kidding raids and dungeons are one of the few things they actually get right in this game .

2 Likes