Player housing is stupid, and i hope it never gets added to WoW

Why people ask for this, i will never understand. You literally want Blizz to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of man hours, just to AFK inside a building? Because we ALL KNOW thats exactly what it will end up being used for, and nothing else.

Player housing is a stupid, pointless add on, and everyone asking for it should feel bad for having zero ability to see how you would have fun with it for MAYBE a week, then never be bothered to do anything besides AFK again.

75 Likes

It has a purpose that you’re blind to. Doesn’t mean Blizzard will ever add it.

55 Likes

It’s a popular feature in other MMOs and has its own niche playerbase.

There is no reason not to add it and expand the overall appeal of the game, especially as the player base continues to shrink.

Assuming they do it properly of course.

56 Likes

Yeah I forgot, we’re just supposed to mindlessly run the same 8 dungeons all expansion long instead.

Also:

89 Likes

The only reason this would happen is if Blizz abandons it as evergreen content. So long as new content is continuously made for it like other evergreen systems like transmog, player housing would continue to be interacted with.

Fun fact, lots of players still use their Garrisons to this day.

OP is wrong and should feel bad.

31 Likes

Minus the thousands of wasted man hours, you mean.

5 Likes

“i hate casuals” is what i’m getting from this.

but knowing blizz the best house items would drop from mythic raiding. so :man_shrugging:

19 Likes

If it gets people to continue their sub it’s not wasted.

It also opens the door for additional store revenue

17 Likes

In my player house I will have a computer where I sit and play World of Go to Workcraft.

26 Likes

What if we could choose public locations and rent them out semi-officially? Not just player housing but collective guild housing?

1 Like

How many raid tier is that gonna cost us.

5 Likes

Yes the 240 pixel meme :smiley:

1 Like

Agree. I don’t want it either. But get ready to get burned down in these comments lol.

5 Likes

Since housing and raids would likely be designed by different teams…0.

13 Likes

Then you haven’t seen what players in other games actually do.

One of my favorite parts of FF14 is how creative people got with their homes. They host parties, host restaurants, set up fun RP places. With more RP capabilities there are in home performances, competitions, in general it’s something to do that isn’t raid, dungeon, or PvP, which is all WoW really has going for it as far as interesting continuing content.

It also keeps professions very active, with coveted furniture pieces that require materials that have a low drop rate or come from raids/dungeons. It’s also about self expression, which is why transmog and customization are so popular.

Just because you don’t get it doesn’t mean it’s stupid and wasteful. The game focused on dungeons and raids only and it’s still in a bad spot, so it’s time to try a different approach.

52 Likes

Incoming financial experts who know how Blizzard sets budget

“pLaYeR hOuSiNg will cOsT sIgnifacAnt rEsOuRces”

17 Likes

I know everybody likes to reference FF14 housing…

But ESO should really be the reference point. There is no limit on house availability and you have full free placement of everything.

There are even locations that allow you to build your own house/town from scratch

14 Likes

Real talk I’d rather reference Wildstar housing as that was my favorite version I’ve ever played. But that game is gone. :pensive:

10 Likes

I only played that briefly and never got to experience the housing system. I always hear positive things though

I use ESO because it’s the best housing system of the current MMOs on the market

3 Likes

Hundreds or thousands of in-game hours building and collecting for this building. You’ve demonstrated plainly that you don’t understand the concept or how that would appeal to a sizable demographic in the game.

21 Likes