Player housing is stupid, and i hope it never gets added to WoW

There’s always been a contingent of players who seem to think that the game should be little more than a hub city with portals to instanced content but thankfully the devs don’t seem to agree.

next expansion we get a msg from some of our garrison leaders telling us that Yrel is encroaching on them and demanding they surrender to the light or die, we recruit khadgar who pulls a Dalaran on our garrison levitates it out of alternate Draenor. we now have housing on a floating island we can move around Azeroth, or anywhere & whatever zone we want.
This time we can drop and place items anywhere we have the fishing pond that has different fish depending on what zone we travel to the overall size has changed and it has the option of becoming guild housing.

Agreed. And instead of paying someone to design fantasy Fixer Upper, take that money and pay someone to design even more raids and dungeons. Imagine an xpac with 18 dungeons & 6 full size raids, for example.

1 Like

How people can play the same 8 dungeons on repeat for 2 years with mythic I will never know.

4 Likes

Become a prophet of the Year of the Spear.

maybe even add a crafting skill to build new pieces for your house.
Yeah. the hardcore raiders wont be likely as interested, but us casuals will certainly do it AS LONG AS Ion doesnt get into full blown bean counter lawyer mode and make it more miserable than fun. lol

1 Like

The Core of WoW is Dungeons, Raid and PvP. There are mini-games around it.

Garrison was introduced back then on Draenor. It got stopped. There’s a reason for it. Players should be seen on cities. With Garrison, big cities look empty. Becoz people parked their toons on their garrison. Big Cities should have players to show that there’s players. But what happened on Draenor was that Big Cities became like Ghost City empty.

So Blizz stopped it. That’s Blizz reasoning. And Barbie design my room gaming is not WoW. Sim City is not WoW. No offense.

WoW should always be Dungeons, Raid and PvP.

2 Likes

lets be fair blizzard has done crazier things for instance allowing you to play jk jK but seriously your acting a bit entitled.

I swear I think it was a rat or something that dropped a chair for my houses a long while back lmao…something like that. Rats packing chairs around lol

1 Like

I want a moon base next expansion with planet killer rail guns.

I consider myself a casual. My endgame is random heroics, lfr, world quests, and professions. Basically anything I can either solo, or queue for. I wouldn’t touch housing with a 10 ft pole, same as with PokeWoW.

lmfao…right…and they showed in Legion EXACTLY what the issue was…too much to do inside your garrison…which is why you make it COSMETIC…and dont add any bank or AH or mailbox access INSIDE the thing…especially mission tables, etc
Factually speaking friend…I aint playing with you to begin with…so giving me a house AINT gonna change your game or anyone elses.
The garrisons problem was it COERCED you to stay inside more than it should have by design…and THAT is what the mistake was…not its existence.
The mists farm is more what we’re talking about here.

2 Likes

so dont. who cares? your game doesnt affect mine…mine doesnt affect yours.
player housing is like pet battles…some players will do it…some wont…and neither affects the other.

Garrisons were no different then camping in SW and Org in Cata or the Shrines during MoP . Most interaction since Cata has been through Trade Chat and Oribos continues that . THere is more interaction among players during the leveling phases and when a new content patch comes out but other then that Trade and now with cross server general in major cities there is the only real interaction there is in major cities and Trade can be done from places like garrisons , class halls and Oribos.

Have housing or actively engage with housing? Lots of people have housing.

oddly other games like ESO does it just fine. Ive got like 14 houses there. Crap for my houses drops from world trash and other content…making me WANT to run the content.
Jesus…the two dimensional thinking in here some days lol
I spect it doesnt occur to some of you here that with housing they could have BOSSES drop stuff for your housing, thereby creating incentive for people who DONT raid or group to maybe try it.
Jesus… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

If one ignores that something on the order of 95% of player traversable area in the game is open world, sure. Unless that too is a mini-game, in which case it’s less of a mini-game and more of a full game in itself.

The problem is that garrisons had far too much utility, eliminating the need for cities. Player housing would be closer to class halls, where it’s a place you visit frequently (optionally, of course) but not a place that the majority of your time is spent (except maybe if you’re a big RP type).

Guess they should be removing transmogrification then.

2 Likes

It is stupid, but it also already exists. They could add some stuff to make garrisons fit this niche of the market, all the basics are already there, and if wod wouldn’t have bombed so hard with “world of garrisoncraft” it’s likely it would have evolved into player housing of some sort.

But it also moves the game farther and farther from what makes the game great, and what soooo many failed games have failed to understand that this game didn’t overall.

This is a social game. It’s not about solo environments with nobody around, it’s about afking on the latest, greatest mount or gear you got, seeing people stop and look, or looking and seeing those top tier raiders in all that new gear glory, or the gladiators on their mounts.

That stuff builds that “wow” factor that drives some to push to get the gear, it motivates them to get better. Or it did for me. Empty worlds. Empty cities, empty garrisons don’t do much to motivate or inspire anything.

Wow needs to get farther away from community breakdown, not encourage more and more and more of it imo.

Who are you talking to me or Jesus?
I can’t imagine finishing a raid boss and a chair drops.

1 Like

then vendor it…or make it BOE and sell it on the AH…see…doesnt affect your game at all.
tell ya…folks who feel the need to shut down stuff others want just for the sake of doing it…well…I’ll just stop right there…