Player housing is stupid, and i hope it never gets added to WoW

It happens to the best of us is all I will say on that.

Well,at least it is hundred of useful hours it is no different than running a dungeon or raid .

Ohh, so that’s why they don’t want doing it ! It’ll take away funds for esport,raids and mythic dungeons ,nice to know!

Almost everything in this game is reused assets. Caves, buildings, etc.

There’s no reason to waste time making something new when we’ve got things people like that already exist.

Throw some Elwynn houses onto a farm in Westfall. Bam, Human housing.

Throw some Darnassus buildings onto an Ashenvale forest with a waterfall. Bam, Nelf housing.

Toss some teepees onto a smaller sized Mulgore. Bam, Tauren housing.

Toss a cathedral and house onto a plot of land with Gilneas in the distant background and you’ve got Worgen housing.

Let everyone get every type of racial themed housing area and they’ve got plenty to work with.

Let them decorate on hooks like Old Republic with existing furniture and assets that drop from all content or can be crafted and you’ve got a system that could last years and years.

2 Likes

They’ll do it because FF14 does it and everything in the leak about the next expac seems to be aping FF14.

Honestly, I think there are some games where player housing matters, I just absolutely do NOT think it’s going to be worthwhile in WoW. Their interface and they way that they handle things makes me feel like it’s going to be clunky and have far fewer options than other games have in their versions.

That’s why you have people go out into the world in search of things for their home, and don’t make main progression in the home. They failed with Garrisons because it wasn’t really housing, and it was made a main progression focus.

3 Likes

Yeah, but I pride myself on having a good memory, 10 years ago but still, I guess it didn’t leave that much of an impression on me.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don’t have any desire or use for player housing but if others do I’m not going to complain about it being in the game. The aggression of the OP toward people who do is just people wanting to be upset and angry.

I’ve never roleplayed in my life and have housing in FFXIV, SWTOR and ESO. They always add stuff to housing to keep it interesting and to keep it going.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:
too much to do inside the garrison to keep players busy. Add in an AH, mailbox, bank, etc…and sure…I dont need to go out much.

The funny thing is if done well, it could add to funds for raids, dungeons, and pvp. Items for housing can come from anywhere in game. If the have items in raids, dungeons, and battlegrounds more people would do that content for the reward. Even if they made those items something that could be bought off of the AH.

If Blizzard took a look at how well other collecting goes, housing would work the same as mounts, pets, and transmog. The bulk of items would be in game and however much I hate to say this, some items could be in the cash shop. The question is how much time and resources would that take. That is something that devs could give input about in the “safe space” of the Community Council forums.

1 Like

Exactly. I made a huge list of everywhere we could get decos from. They could even add a currency to buy the housing with so that it’s not a gold sink and people don’t whine about “pay to win” to buy a house with tokens.

Let all content drop the currency. Use it to purchase the housing and some decos. Get decos from achievements and raids and dungeons and PvP and old content and new content and professions and fishing and mining and herbalism and literally everywhere.

3 Likes

It’s ironic,lol ,yeah. I would like to have one of those lamps from black temple in outland to decorate mine.

I had player housing in EQ and guild hall ,you had to be out in the world to pick up items ,recipes and even make your own furniture .It was neat to do and those parties in the guild hall on holidays.

1 Like

I need to …uhm…borrow some of those pillows from Silvermoon.

I will not be above going to some faction capitols to get things for my house. I don’t want to kill your faction leader but I do need those chairs for my dining room.

3 Likes

I would wash them thoroughly before use if I were you.

The moment player housing is added, all the big strong Orc and Tauren ladies are more than welcome to come to my house.

I don’t know if that is bravery or just just a fan of pillows. Stealing pillows in the middle of the night?

Hmm, that’s an idea ,if we were to have neutrality in faction ,wouldn’t we be able to invite Horde players to some parties???

I mean sims 4 is like the ultimate player housing game, and I tend to get bored with it after 1-2 months. The only thing I really do is build and decorate a house. I can’t imagine wow adding anywhere NEAR the amount of content sims 4 has when it comes to building/designing a home…

So, I"m pretty sure it’ll be a waste of time whatever they do make. The amount of time they’d need to have devs’ spend on it, vs how much gameplay time it gives to players…it doesn’t make sense. Hopefully if they add it to the game I’m wrong. I’d hate for an entire xpansion to bomb because they put time into the wrong thing.

Don’t worry, I will have them cleansed in a moonwell.

Day, night, mid-afternoon I am getting those pillows. I have some fancy hair care products that I will throw out first. While the elves are busy picking up those hair masks and hydrating conditioners, I will be getting some pillows. What could go wrong?

Let me point you to this xpac or the one before that. There are many things that are a waste of time. Housing could be evergreen content for people to enjoy. Not everyone will like it but that is the same for every part of the game. Besides they will not make it because of game play time it gives players but based on revenue it can bring in. Players will like it because of game play time, even more if they can do a basic set up from just playing the game how they normally play it.

1 Like

Screw housing, I want a kingdom devoted to me.

LOL, My mind is intrigued on that.