Player housing is stupid, and i hope it never gets added to WoW

I rather have Blizz to put their resources on better dungeons and raid than Cosmetic Houses. I dont think WoW wants to become Sim City or Design your Barbie House game. I imagine filling up Auction House with tons of Cosmetics: Furnitures, Closets, Tables, Chairs, etc. That’s not the game I want to play. I dont think that would be a good move.

Good luck if you wish Blizz would bring back Garrisons. I understand, you dont want to play Dungeons, Raid and PvP. You want your game in WoW.

2 Likes

life is an MMO, friend.
And personally, I dont interact with 99.999999% of the people I cross in life., nor do they want to interact with me Im sure.
The world exists, as do all those people, whether Im playing life solo…or grouping up at the golf course.

This is the target group for player housing. If you are of this bent you are probably on a rp server. How many of those are there?

This thread is another example of GD being an echo chamber for a very small group of players passionate about their play style.

2 Likes

Actively engage with it. Like I said, they are always adding to it. I just got new stuff in both SWTOR and FFXIV.

1 Like

Player housing could be a pillar of social play for people on RP servers. They’ve been dying for player customizable spaces (beyond what’s possible already with garrisons) for a long time.

If prestigious content dropped unique stuff for player housing, that could be a way of flexing too depending on how player housing is designed. For instance if houses exist in instanced “neighborhoods” shared with other players, your house suddenly has a “curb appeal” factor – it’s going to stick out from the crowd with that externally visible upgrade that can only be had by beating a mythic raid’s end boss. It’s even there when you log off, so it technically has more presence than your character itself.

1 Like

and many of us would rather they invest in more casual content.

what you think isnt relevent.

youve already been called on this one…bye bye mogging, I spose.

ESO says youre wrong…again

terrible attempt at hyperbole given we’ve said a couple times now NOT like the garrisons…more like Mists farm and only cosmetic.

Try again?

Agreed, this is why I stand against it. There are so many games out there for these people to play already. WoW is already ridiculous with the amount of toys and mounts. I can also imagine the cash shop with housing items D:

you preach about two dimensional thinking, then shut others down for their opposite views. Sounds about right.

1 Like

LMAO…BECAUSE YOU all are LITERALLY doing that EXACT thing in here. lmao

Except: the money spent paying the designers and those who implement it could instead be spent on enlarging the raids and dungeons team.

I’m as casual as they come and I agree with the OP.

I just don’t see any real gameplay value in housing. At least Garrisons were useful even if they were too much of a good thing.

I even enjoyed the farm at Halfhill because there was a neat story, rep, and gameplay behind it. I’d be open to something like that.

But a house? That you just…sit in? I don’t get it.

2 Likes

I don’t like any kind of cash shop presence, but I’d MUCH rather have the things available in the shop being things like fancy picture frames for your house than anything with even the most remote connection to player power.

1 Like

oh bull dink…the raids are fine and have been.

I don’t even want housing (as a house) but give me things to collect or give me achievements tied to it? I’d be down. As long as it’s nothing like archaeology which I still can’t figure out how the heck to do, I’d be happy. And so would many others. This is WORLD of Warcraft not lobby of instancecraft. They can play OW or something if all they wanna do is work on some kind of rank.

1 Like

It’s almost like people who enjoy player (and guild) housing want it because it’s something that would occupy them for an extended period of time, or could enjoy with their friends in-game…because different people enjoy different activities. Just like I’ve seen a number of M+/Raiding/PVP elites scoff at other players wanting devs to ‘waste’ time and money on more character customization, more heritage armor, etc…it’s selfish entitlement to only want the game makers to work on content you enjoy and consider things other players want and would enjoy stupid or a ‘waste of time’. A waste of time to you? Sure, but not to other people.

I’ve been playing since vanilla and I’ve set foot into a BG maybe ten times (and almost always because of holiday achievements, not personal preference). Do I rant on the forums that PVP is a ‘waste of time’ and how I can’t understand why other players like it? No…because I understand the things I like and the things other people like are often different. Doesn’t mean either is stupid or meaningless.

3 Likes

Fine? Yes.

Enough of them? No. How about an xpac with 18 dungeons and 6 full size raids? Yes, please.

I hate to keep bringing this up…lol…but housing wouldnt need to affect YOUR game anymore than someone else battling pets affects mine.

Exactly, it gives people more options for things to do and more reasons to log in, more reasons for them to be out and about playing the game.

Just look how much more usage old dungeons and quests got as a result of transmogrification. Stuff that had gathered inches of dust from inactivity suddenly started buzzing again and has seen a consistent stream of activity ever since. That’s the best a dev could possibly hope for with old MMO content.

2 Likes

Im sorry…what I heard was “I WANT THE GAME MY WAY AND EVERYONE ELSE CAN STUFF IT”…but then you all get bent out of shape when WE are saying we want more casual crap like housing.

1 Like

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

1 Like

:point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2:

this thread is getting redundant at this point.
/muted