Player housing is a waste

It was refreshing to read a reasonable treatise, even though it ran counter to my hopes for PH in WoW…and I even agreed with much of your take on what are some of the pitfalls common to the different iterations of the feature in other games. I was just a little disappointed that you suggest my request that you not try to speak for everyone else as an attempt to shut you up.

I have to go now, but I’ll say that you’ve given me hope that an honest discussion on these forums IS possible.

1 Like

You don’t know that.

It would be nice to have a place in the game that is about the player instead of about who the player is helping, especially when our efforts are mostly only reflected in gear or system currencies like reputation or renown.

It would be nice to reflect our efforts as having a lasting positive impact instead of the static environment the gameplay has to occur in.

Selecting personal NPCs that you prefer is one way, deciding on layout, design aesthetic etc as well. Help us organize aspects of our character that are not as relevant or important in gameplay instead of just adapting to the zone we are in.

As it is, you get all this ego stroking from accomplishments in game but they are relegated to the past fairly quickly, this would be a holding area for things that you found personally meaningful and wanted to continue to see represented, it could even have retirement options, I mean some of your mounts and pets should of died from old age by now, right?

Heck removing stuff from my lists and putting them in boxes in my pad would alleviate a lot of my scrolling fatigue as well.

2 Likes

they didnt make customizations for void elves. it was copy/paste fron blood elves. dracthyr got more customizations from their initial creation than all other races combined. it just seems like we got alot but we didnt. heck blood elf males received a couple hairstyles. they are nearly as low as kul’tirans and mechagnomes

You clearly have no clue wtf player housing even means if you are calling garrisons housing. And obviously, being in the state you are in you are replying and arguing with everyone the most acting oblivious to how wrong you are.

4 Likes

Seems like they may not be the housing some people want, but I don’t think that excludes them from being a type of housing.

So you’re saying that if player housing were an important aspect of the game for you, that you would NOT feel you had to have that bright new “shiny” that’s available in the cash shop for $20USD?

When a thing is unlike 100% of what it actually is. Yeah.

There is literally no housing in any other MMO that is like this. In fact, it does not have any of the things that housing has other than PERHAPS a way to port directly to it.

In fact, can YOU even find any “best of” listing with WoW even on it? Some of those lists are of the top 20 MMOs with housing…Any mentions of WoW in any of the awards for “best housing in an MMO”? They have those every year and never once is WoW even mentioned.

Because Garrisons are not housing.

1 Like

You seem agitated. Maybe time for a snack or a nap?

Just because something isn’t exactly like every other games’ version, doesn’t mean it can’t be wows version.

No reason to take it so personal, it’s ok to understand that “we want a specific housing” is different than “the available housing isn’t housing.”

(…Sips :beer:…)

3 Likes

ROFLMAO. You are the one filling my cup with his tears.

I do not care what your opinion of what housing is, the entire gaming industry disagrees.

(…tosses beer nuts into the :beer: from across the room…)

1 Like

These types of posts are a waste. There needs to be some mega thread and these all deleted.

(Pours out the mug into the drain, cleans it out. Fills it with more peach tea, and proceeds to drink like nothing ever happened)

Garrisons fit the WC vibe perfectly for this. They just need to be something you can place in any zone. Maybe after you complete a zones main storyline you can drop a garrison into it with leveling up features, flight path, etc.

If all player housing is is a loft in Stormwind that we pay real money/gold for then what is the point?

Let’s get people out in the world setting up MULTIPLE Garrisons. Player housing done right is Ultima Online. Player housing done boring is New World/FF. At least WoW tried something cool with Garrisons.

Add skin blueprints, guard skins, etc all that we can find out questing, dungeoning, PvP’ing, etc x

i play a survival zombie apocalypse game called the infected. you build your own house from scratch. mine has advanced. it has a glass sunroof and inground swimming pool… with lights. its built in the mountains by a waterfall and river rapids. hehe

Umm… I’ve played lots of games that have player housing without quest hubs and auction houses inside of them.

Saying what player housing does not typically include, is not defining it. I gave no definition. What a strange and pushy thing it is to try to hamfist words into someone elses mouth like that, lol. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

To be fair, a survival game is a different genre with different definitions.

That actually is a good idea. Imagine being a hunter, or a warrior or whatever, you downed something that gave you a trophy you could mount somewhere. (I imagine some people would need a bigger wall for this idea. Though it more or less operated like the makeshift museums for archeology. That was a neat aesthetic idea. I do wish they’d bring archeology back though. To a player like me I’d loose my mind on that. You get something, mount it up and there’s a little plaque or something giving you a brief history/story about the item.

not much, ever play star wars galaxies? their housing system was super creative. you just had template limitations and a max amount of items allowed.

ever see rust? the bases get gigantic