Player housing is a waste

Garrisons are NOT player housing. Never have been, never will be.

4 Likes

It comes down to ā€œstop liking what I donā€™t likeā€. Thatā€™s really all they have.

5 Likes

People are going to be so mad when player housing drops and all the best chairs and tables come from raids.

4 Likes

Yep. They will. Theyā€™ll be even more mad when it proves to be a hugely successful system if itā€™s done like most other MMOs handle it.

2 Likes

Should that happen, I shall ready my drink :beer: and observe the forums. Then again, maybe not, depends on how things go.

1 Like

1 Like

Hah, true. Only Blizzard would force people through raids for furniture lol.

everyone says that but you canā€™t deny it was in a way housing. each character had control to make their garrison their own, you could invite friends over to show them, you could put up statues to show achievementsā€¦ its not a fully fledged out system but basically a housing system at the coreā€¦ saying its not is just and excuse people use to ignore the past

And you know raiders will fall all over themselves for a trophy room.

Iā€™m not a hardcore raider. Putting housing rewards in for raiding? That would turn me back into a hardcore raider again, without even a second thought

1 Like

Calling it a waste is going too far, I think. If people use it and enjoy themselves, itā€™s not a waste.

4 Likes

Because weā€™re on the same page as blizzard we want to hat they want for the kost part lol they cater to us

Iā€¦had a small stroke trying to read this. Wanna try again?

1 Like

I think the part that was supposed to make it cool was the horde was getting dwarves now?

I agree though, people would have been more on the edge of their seats if they announced how the evolved nerubians would be a new playable race. People would have been falling out of their chairs screaming if they announced high elves, vrykl, ogres (even if they were slightly smaller cousins of these races for practical reasons) sethrak, gilbin, tuskarrā€¦ and any of the others that are frequently requested.

As for player housing, even though there are naysayers, overall it would be well received and breathe new life into all aspects of the game from crafting (carpentry/woodworking) to raiding (bosses dropping trophies).

Itā€™s not raid or die anymore, thatā€™s why delves are coming, and hopefully someday, player housing will come too. Instanced like the garrison, but without an internal quest hub/bank/AH.

4 Likes

the Garrison in WoD is our ā€œhouseā€, you can even decorate it. Now guild housing would be better

Itā€™s not housing. It is also, cannonically, unable to be accessed anymore. So. No. It is not housing.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be a waste. I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

But if it went that route I hope that they would bring additional people in rather than split off current resources.

lmaoā€¦in your SUBJECTIVE opinion.
The same could be said about all those redundant mounts that we dont ā€˜needā€™ lol.

3 Likes

Agreed.
I do love it for my home base though.
hearthstone with 20 min CD. AH. Bank. guild bank. Transmogger. Void Storage.
Home sweet home until they actually give us something else.

1 Like

Well cannonically, youā€™re not able to access MANY things - but you still do iā€™m sure :slight_smile: