Player housing is a waste

You don’t see the problem with this? Populated cities are iconic in this game. Housing will take that away because people like yourself want to “stare at your wall”.

There are always consequences for something. If the game didn’t feel dead now, player housing will fix that.

1 Like

It wouldn’t make it worse either.

Games like SWTOR has player housing, even a house in their version of SW/Org, and those cities are never dead, even in a dead game.

What you don’t realize, probably because you only know how to squawk “tEaRs bAtHe” like a parrot with brain damage, is people want to go to their house when they don’t want to be around other people. People go to major cities when they do. Having player housing doesn’t change that.

So instead of going to their garrison like we can now, we would just go to our houses.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in Star Wars The Old Republic, is there not only 1 major city/main hub for each faction? Because if I recall there was, and hence why (at least last I checked a few months ago) that is a reason one would see many people there.

Which was great unlike in World of Warcraft there be a new main hub each expansion, and thus the player base is divided at least when concerning low level players with high level players for the most part.

Rather do it like Star Wars, but I think that ship has sailed.

Housing generates money, either by cash shop or bringing in more casual and RP players (RPers tend to be some of the most loyal subscribers).

I’m willing to bet a whole SLEW of RPers who left for FFXIV since it caters more to them would come back to WoW for housing. It’s successful AF in ESO, too. You could add another crafting profession for it (carpentry) and give people a creative corner that’s their own in a game. People like to be creative. It’s why housing is a hit in most MMOs that have it (and most have it now. For a reason).

3 Likes

It’s the same for WoW. There is no other city as populated as SW and Org.

1 Like

ESO has many big cities and yet those cities are usually very busy. And housing exists there. Besides, it’s not like WoW isn’t already a queue and not much else anyway. Most of the open world is dead.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

Perhaps I just not see enough people then. Or bad timing I suppose. As from my time in Star Wars at least, I would see far more people in the main hub as compared to Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Though to be fair, said experience is coming from Retail. Classic wise I see many more players in said main cities in World of Warcraft.

Aye, rarely I see anyone in World of Warcraft in regards to the open world. Retail wise at least, and not including Dragonflight. On occasion I would see someone though, but mostly in low level leveling zones. Unlike Classic however, I would see people almost all the time.

At least until I stopped playing Classic that is.

1 Like

Maybe we’re not talking about the same thing.

There are far more people in Valdrakken than in SW and Org right now because it’s the main questing hub but as soon as TWW rolls around, it’ll be a ghost town like the Shrines and Dalaran.

I’m just talking about the main areas that people of all levels gather and that’s Org and SW.

The sheer amount of time I would spend just doing housing things, would make the game actually enjoyable to me outside of RP. I would collect all the things to put in it, and waste the whole of my life on just housing. It isn’t a waste if people enjoy it, AND it makes Blizzard more money. OP, every post I see of you is meant to be a massive troll post, and the fact you’re even allowed at this point to post on the forums baffles me.

4 Likes

And many of us are extremely grateful for that. One less had reaching for our wallets, particularly in THIS economy, is a GOOD thing.

Are you ever forced to buy from the cash shop? I mean, you can already make that argument with all the pets and mounts and services and transmogs and tokens in there. You wouldn’t be forced into it if you’re too broke, and of course plenty would be available just by playing… As it is with other things

3 Likes

There is nothing in this game that makes you reach for your wallet.

2 Likes

If one of my main interests in the game was player housing? Yes, I’d feel FORCED to buy from the cash shop. Same statement for the other things you mentioned. If that’s your main thing, yes – you ARE forced to hit the shop, repeatedly.

No you wouldn’t. There’d still be ways to get housing and items in game :roll_eyes: and sounds like a problem with you being irresponsible with money more than anything else

2 Likes

Depends on what your priorities are. If you place a priority on having your own “house” in the game, and furnishing it, and decorating it, you WILL be forced to pull out that piece of plastic and hit the shop. Same goes for acquiring gold, mounts, transmogs, pets, etc. If that’s one of your priorities, you buy from the shop.

True, Ion will be holding a gun to your head, personally.

And you think a mega-company like Blizzard-Microsoft is going to put the best of everything you want in the game? As was stated in the post I initially replied to, player housing would be a gold mine for Blizzard, and they wouldn’t be raising sub prices and xpac prices to mine that gold.

I am very curious. What little world do you live on? Because it sure isn’t one I know. NEVER does Blizz say “YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS OR ELSE”. Get over yourself.

Oh, this brings back a memory.

In an elective English related course on debate, our instructor would hold a one-on-one challenge once a week that wouldn’t affect the participants grades (so he’d actually get volunteers for it)…the purpose being to hold a deconstruction discussion afterward.

In one particular instance, one of the debaters eventually resorted to subtle inferences of his opponent’s supposed ‘weepy’ retorts to his own ‘brilliant logic’…and he did so repeatedly, as if it were some kind of brilliant strategy. Your comment sparked this memory because that fellow had the temerity to mutter “That was so easy” as he sat down after their match.

Imagine his surprise when our instructor told us their point scores, and his was far less than his opponent’s. This was so long time ago that I can’t remember the exact numbers…but the point is, he lost big time because his inability to avoid churlishly (and inaccurately) degrading his adversary,

1 Like