Player housing is a waste

I think a lot of players would be happy with some pretty simple player housing. It honestly wouldn’t take very long to throw something together. Add an instance that can load an already created zone from the world but removed of all trees and buildings just the terrain and color palette. Add an ability to put objects in it, these objects would be assets that are already used in todays warcraft to create scenes. My guess probably an hours worth of work involved most of the assets is already available all it would take is putting a little bit of new tech into the game. Tech that already exists in the engine they made for the game creation itself.

This of course would be very basic and not extremely user friendly at the start. But some fine tuning over time would make it more intuitive.

swg did but the zones were massive and the homes were instanced inside but were persistent outside - not in an instanced zone and, as i said before they had blueprints you had to follow, whereas sandbox survival offers free build with the only limitation being what you can put inside

Yeah, lets keep swapping different points to keep this going nowhere while you keep making up things just to argue.

SWGs homes were not instanced inside, anyone that played the game will remember missions spawning inside them blocking enterence. SWG is not Rust. Survival games are not MMOs. Rust is a multiplayer game, not an MMO. free builds cannot be done in a persistent world MMO. Free building is not a new design requiring a developer to be young to know it. There, all your points covered in one paragraph.

You are not making good points at all and are all over the place. All this for what? I replied to the OP stating that MMOs are not what he claims and will neither cause “issues” in the game nor are a waste of time because the story itself sucks.

You may start replying to someone else now. There really is no point in continuing this nonsense.

Ah yes Final Fantasy XIV the critically acclaimed failed MMORPG! /s

We know this

And which of those “homes” can I decorate? Change the furniture, put art on the wall, show off my collections?

2 Likes

Player Housing is honestly something that could actually add a lot of value to WoW.

Right now, people have pretty well exhausted the entire reward-structure of the game. “Higher numbers” don’t motivate most players to play, and there are so many cool-looking transmogs that have been available for years already, it’s obviously becoming harder to motivate players to continue playing.

If you add housing, then quite literally overnight, you’ve added 20+ years worth of content for players to chase.

Running old dungeons and raids for rare items, maybe crafting with tradeskills, most of which can use assets that already exist in the game.

It would obviously take a lot of work to implement. But there is no reality in which that effort isn’t worthwhile, because it can leverage so many years of content, giving players all the more stuff to play the game to acquire.

1 Like

they were like the pink portal in darnassus. doors would port you to a separate instance and the more junk inside, the longer it took to load it. otherwise, you wouldnt be able to run down the street of a player town where the houses are close to each other as anything in proximity would all start pre-rendering at the same time. the interiors of houses dont start rendering till you enter the door and you can code the door to not let people in unless they are on the list

Technically player housing could be client side entirely, only loading if you are invited in etc.

I just want to decorate lower sunken temple, I can’t believe I don’t get to claim ownership of any of the dungeons whose inhabitants I killed off entirely. I mean, no one is using it!

No, stop it. That nonsense was proven wrong with the largest homes that allowed you to place items outside it and you could see the items from far away. Also you again ignored the point I made that proved it wasnt. Missions would spawn INSIDE the homes and yes you saw the items inside the homes the moment the doors slid open before entering it. It was the LIGHTNING and effects that would “spawn” in. That is called having loading priorities to prevent lag nearby.

I am now going to chalk you up to just being a troll because you are literally ignoring what is being said and openly lying just to keep replying.

explain pre-rendering behavior of interiors. the village, all the outside textures including far away scenery and close up textures all pre rendered but interiors of homes didnt, why not if they are in the same instance of the zone as the exteriors

I’m thinking a lot of people have not pre-ordered. You’re just hearing from those that did.

As for the changes in the game, I think real world politics have much more to do with that than anything else and that’s all I’ll say about that.

Also, there’s big internet changes coming so who knows if this game or much else will be available to the public for long.

We’re living in some really absurd times.

I miss Wildstar player housing…

1 Like

i feel like if its done it needs to be group based and not individual - so like a guild hall/community based.

i pre ordered. but dunno if others in my friend group have since most of them are classic players

1 Like

what changes? yikes

why did comeupins leave the guild?

1 Like

They’re branding it as “net neutrality” but what it does is it puts the internet directly in the control of the gov.

Y’know, like other countries which have a particular style of overseeing the people. They’ll control what you can do, who you can talk to, how long you can be online, etc…

Same thing is coming with the money.

oh this will not go over well. its like your boss at work telling you when you can use the restroom when you’re not at work

1 Like

They shouldn’t be able to do that even when you are at work.
What do they expect? Hold it for hours or the inevitable happens and you get to be humiliated.

No one should ever have that power over others. It’s gross.