Player housing but explain to me why

The only reason I wanted player housing is so the housing could be flagged for wpvp.

I wanted to be raided and to raid other players housing. I think that’d be a blast but apparently it’s not possible to have player housing that isn’t instanced and having it instanced would ruin wpvp so that’s out.

I no longer want nor care about player housing.

I want to tuck my character into a bed in a bedroom when logging off for the night.

1 Like

Housing is more of a reward structure than it is content. You get things for your house from doing whatever content it is you do. I’d prefer time/energy/resources be spent on improving and diversifying the content and not be put into the seemingly elephantine task of making housing functional in WoW. But admittedly, housing is not a reward structure about which I give a hoot.

Imagine you’re in a raid, and your group just killed a boss and you see an awesome wall mirror in the corner of the room, its beveled and has little glowing dragons in the corners. You want to put in your house, it would look great in the hallway. Well what if you could?

if you win the roll.

(laughing as I was typing that, realizing that if this was a reality, I wouldn’t care about gear anymore, furnishing my house would become more fun then anything)

3 Likes

Okay OP, lemmie say a few things.

Saying the Garrison is player housing is like saying adding shredded cheese to a Hot Pocket is cooking; while yes it deals with food, it’s not quality.

True housing is vanity, not utility; Would be like asking what is TMOG for? A true player house would still not have things you need like an AH or Bank; FF14 and SWTOR have housing but people still go out and about to do things, heck I could log into FF14 RIGHT NOW and see a proverbial ocean of people in Limsa Lominsa.

Housing would help crafting not have to have power behind it; meaning you won’t need to have housing if you don’t want, it’s 100% optional like Pet Battles and TMOG.

I don’t know why people think everyone would be sitting around their houses all day, do Trader’s Tender just appear when you sit around? You won’t be able to get more furniture and decor for the house if you just sit in it.

Also it’ll keep people from harassing others in RP (it’s not just an RP thing).

There are a LOT of things for housing, OP.

That would be super annoying, what about those who would want it non-flagged and use it for RP or just to treat it like evergreen content; this means I would have to constantly be logging in just to defend my house, no thanks.

3 Likes

Yep every profession could find blueprints for all kinds of things to make and sell in the AH…or for others…it would be a damn good boost to professions and for those that are not max players or raid or pvp…

3 Likes

I’m not big into player housing but I have / would participate in the feature if it offer benefits to my play experience. In New World , which I haven’t played in months but probably should check out again, you collect and earn trophy’s that you display in your house these give bonus of some type to your character. Also if you have wardrobes that provides more personal storage for your gear/ junk.

Then your home is a safe portal point. I’m forgetting if you can also port to other locations from your home or not maybe someone can fill that in that’s still playing that game.

SWTOR has a housing system that offers benefits to your characters as well but I literally just started playing that game again in over a year.

Mind you I not playing games 40 hrs a week my game time is like 10 hours for the entire week on average so I play these games very casually and not doing deep dives into them by any count.

Point is if it’s just for cosmetics and a place to hang then there’s no value to me but if it gives benefits then I’m at least going to try it.

1 Like

People like to dream and play. Very few of us have the wealth to acquire a home in real life…and even if they do, the means to make it into what they’d really want to have. The obvious purpose of this game is escapism, and what is more pure a form of fantasy than to build our own castle?

If nothing else, it’s an opportunity to express individual creativity. We can only hope that IF Blizz gives us player housing, it’s in a manner that allows this.

1 Like

i have not met a single player in game that wanted player housing. then again i am not a role player or someone that is in to that type of gameplay. and neither are the hundreds of people i play with on a weekly > monthly basis.

the folks crying for player housing are people that are mostly into rp. and those people are but a fraction of the wow player base. others are just newbies from other games that got player housing, coming here trying to ruin wow and or just trolls in general.

the only thing that i can see as a person that wants nothing to do with player housing, is that if it ever was created and implemented, players like myself, the do all and collect everything, pets, mounts, titles, toys, appearances and achievements would be forced into player housing.

the reason i say players like myself would be forced into player housing is because as we all know, every single thing that is added to this game will have achievements, appearances, pets, toys, titles and mounts attached to it. which will be forced game play on players that hardcore collect these things but want no part of the nonsense that is player housing.

i can truly see from the perspective of genuine players that actually really want player housing. but i am sorry. but that is not wow. and you are in the minority.

maybe instead of trying to ruined wow, they could ask for blizzard to make a side show player housing version of wow on another platform for them. like wow classic or hardcore or sod.

just keep that crap out of wow. players like myself want no part of that. ewwww.

Well Nuwale nice to met you …you finally met someone in game that love to have player housing me…and I am not a role player either…I want the housing for other reasons …like gathering…making stuff …selling stuff…and so on…plus make my own little house with my stuff in it not some Dev picked out garage stuff and place it how I want it placed.

Add by the way nobody would force you into making or using player housing…that is a joke if you believe that now.

3 Likes

Don’t worry when they add it you can safely ignore it and let other people have fun, it won’t hurt you, I promise.

5 Likes

Amen Selliane…some of these players keep saying it will be forced on them…no it won’t why should it be forced on you…its not forced on players of New World…

4 Likes

except this is the forums where it is you and a few others that want it.

don’t hold your breath. you just might suffocate

i wish my opinion would of done the same for you :sob:

Nice of you to care for my health! Careful not to have a stroke when they add it, being angry at things that you are not in any way forced to participate in isn’t good for the heart! :heart:

3 Likes

Well hun give me a time and place and I’ll met up with you in game I play both sides Alliance and Horde and not afraid to met new folks in game…you just haven’t been in game long enough judging by your achievement points on your character your posting with.

2 Likes

serious question. i been reading through this thread, and i get why you and some people like you want player housing, i just dont get why you are so angry and childish over the fact that many others dont want to see it at all in game.

its like someone says, i want no part of player housing, you go into a fit like it is the end of the world. you know there are other people that exist with other opinions that differ from your own.

i will keep you in my thoughts if you ever leave your house. its a big world out there with lots of people and opinions. be safe out there.

I am not angry at all, exchanging some jabs isn’t that big a deal now is it?

Thing is, it is indeed ridiculous to wish for something to not exist because you yourself don’t care for it. On the flip side if you cared for something that I do not, I wouldn’t wish for that thing to not exist if it didn’t impact me negatively.

That’s really all there is to it, regular argumentation, no anger here, friend!

3 Likes

Me thinks Selliane that player is trying to poke a bear game and see if they can rile you and others up…

2 Likes

That’s their normal state of being, sadly.

Obviously if it exists, they’ll have no choice but to do it. The same reason for most “forced” stuff in wow - lack of self control.

2 Likes