Player housing but explain to me why

Yep. It would be a very popular feature.

A private place you can customize. Another reason to put cosmetics you can earn into the game. It might also be a good excuse to make a new profession or two.

Nope. Didn’t do that with my Garrison either and neither did anybody I know, but nice try.

Try Final Fantasy 14, or Star Wars The Old Republic, or Elder Scrolls Online, or Everquest 2, or one of the other actual MMOs that successfully implemented player housing.

Nail in coffin of… What? Your subscription?

I can live with that~

6 Likes

No

The lore and open world content is already poor, no need to further divert resources to something as pointless as player housing. I’d rather they focus on better writing and open world content.

4 Likes

Because I can. Freedom of expression.

Maybe not yours, but I didn’t know you can speak on the behalf of others. Color me impressed. :slight_smile:

Never said I was against it. Read the thread. :slight_smile:

Social enjoyment.

Enjoyment.

Majority of MMO’s have them, but I want Blizzard not to force it on those who don’t want it and make it optional.

I hated Garrison, snow everywhere. I imagined burning it down when Legion started.

No, it’s basically for people who like decorating and RP. Garrisons roped you into one instance, because there were things keeping players there.

Housing will be a house where you have to go out in the world and get stuff. No NPC’s and nothing expansion specific to keep you there.

3 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Maybe 20% of the total player base would use it long term? There’d be an initial rush for sure but a lot of players don’t play this game for the “sit in” activities. They’re all out there getting mogs, doing M+, raiding, PvP, or almost anything else.

Very popular initially for sure. Beyond that it’ll become a near forgotten staple by so many of the players.

Not that I’m against player housing by any means.

I’m going to save this. :slight_smile:

And every thread, someone points it out, so even with the posts hidden, I know what people are talking about. lol

high five!

That’s happened to me before. I possibly didn’t choose “forever,” since it’s always a pain to get to “forever.”

3 Likes

Anyway now that I have fixed the issue of someone getting off my ignore list. Let’s address the thread OP.

Player housing is a system that allows players to build and customize their own personal area. It is a form of player expression with no player power attached to it. It is simply there for fun if the user chooses to engage with the system.

Customization, Profession options. Styles of homes that fit our racial or location choices. The possibilities are kind of endless with housing as, if done right, can give so many choices for players to build with.

No. Most people invite friends to view their home. Hang out, Maybe use it as a gathering point to form groups before heading out to raids. Show off decorations that you’ve gotten from Dungeons, Trophies from Raids or PVP. Roleplayers will use it as roleplay spots. Again, endless possibilities.

There are many instances out there that you can experience. SWTOR, ESO, FFXIV just to name a few. I highly recommend looking in to some of them to learn more.

3 Likes

What a goofy question. You realize this is a video game and it’s all make believe, right? None of this is real. When this shuts down someday, whether you raided at the bleeding edge or sat in cities dancing on mailboxes, you will take absolutely nothing away from the experience but memories and hopefully lasting friendships.

If housing generates that for players, its worth investing in.

4 Likes

Someday! But certainly nowhere near dead.

The last game I played with housing was Ultima Online. I really enjoyed setting up the furniture, decorating it… stacking fish steaks to the ceiling in the back room. Defending my area from monsters (I was on Fire Island… no jokes) and other players. I didnt spend a ton of time there, but it was fun to have it to go to when nothing was going on. If it can be done in WoW, I wouldnt knock it. I’m sure it would follow suit with other games and have the house degrade if you didnt log in… which would cause a *&-storm with people. :smile:

Does anybody remember Player Housing from Runescape 2?

Does anybody remember Runescape 2?

Plenty of people! And before you ask, yes. That beautiful game is still alive.

Go try Palia …its has wonderful housing in it…and the dev that built that game housing are former Blizzard dev that Blizzard let go or they quit cause blizzard being blizzard again…having housing can open up many possible things for players to do that don’t raid or pvp…

I would give those players that find it hard to raid or pvp something to do other then gathering or just quests…you could go find blue prints…or farm the mats needed to build things for your house like wood…and stone …I mean this game has resources in the game to use to build homes and furniture and stuff…

1 Like

I remember a long time ago on I think LOTRO my friend and I stole a bunch of stuff from a guild mansion. We even stole an entire watch tower sitting on the front lawn!

Source of evergreen content that works as a time/gold sink with the added bonus of making professions relevant.

It’s a no brainer if done correctly.

1 Like

Don’t worry about those kind of people here. They are why this forum is pretty quiet nowadays.

It’s for RP mainly, as logging into the same Inn can get monotonous.
Player Housing would give players a place they could fill with what they like from stuff bought, made (via Professions) or found (via Archeology).
The house could also have a doorway that either puts them out on the street in front of their house, or they could have (or be able to create) a doorway that works like the DK portal in that it puts them back where they hearthed out from.

1 Like