Player housing but explain to me why

Maybe like this one. Fingers crossed they’ll read it!

A place to fully customize n invite friends over to. More customization = good.

2 Likes

if I got one, purely to express creative stuff and craft items.

2 Likes

I hope we never get it. I’ve played this game for a while, I can imagine how that’d play out.

It really isn’t rocket science, having a place you can call your own in a RPG is great for immersion, and the actual enjoyment of each players will have a wide variety of reasons.

Best part is an actual housing system would be elective, not forced. So guess what if you don’t like it you can just move on~

6 Likes

I genuinely don’t know why you keep posting this. You do this with every player housing thread and it never gets you anywhere. It’s not going to change anyone’s minds on Player housing. People want something they will enjoy. There are examples of said thing being popular in other games. They want said thing in the game they enjoy. You being against it won’t change their mind.

6 Likes

I have never understood this attitude. I think mythic+ is the dumbest activity ever. Running the same dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for bosses and trash that get extra zeroes behind their health pool every time you go up in difficulty.

However, even though I think it’s dumb, I would never want it removed because I know so many people enjoy it.

13 Likes

Putting him on ignore was one of my best decisions when it comes to these forums.

3 Likes

For rp, plus you can include other activities with them. As rough as New World is, their housing system is a great example, I would spend hours just crafting furniture, redecorating, having friends over, or doing quests so that my house would be the one shown in town. Especially since, WoW is supposed to be mmoRPG or something…

3 Likes

My ignore list is being weird. Several people I have ignored have somehow come off of my ignore list lately.

1 Like

Did you pick forever?

If so, maybe it happened when they screwed with the forums and took away TL3 from people’s alts.

2 Likes

As long as I can ignore it I’m fine with player housing so nothing like New World trophies.

1 Like

Yup. Got it set to forever. It’s weird. But yeah it may just be a bug from that.

1 Like

Not saying you can’t have it, I’m saying I have seen how these things get rolled out… I also think player housing is a different lobby than M+ (which I also find boring) but remains an isolating feature.
Only my opinion… But isolation is the most significant problem MMOs have confronted in modern eras.

Not gonna lie…I keep forgetting New World exists.

Plenty of other MMOs have Player housing without having an isolation problem. Usually in those games Housing is a very social feature.

5 Likes

RP like others have said.

It’s gonna be tricky with WoW though. Others may not care as much, but I think the art style and existing furniture doohickies aren’t varied or high-res enough to support the level of housing customisation I’m used to (in FFXIV).

I’m still baffled how people think housing randomly depopulates cities.

New quest hub every expansion depopulate cities, housing would change absolutely nothing in that regard, people would still hang around the current expac quest hub

4 Likes

I play SWTOR and they give you like, 10 or 12 different “houses.” The main city hubs are still populated because people need to go there for global chat and trade.

5 Likes

player housing = nail in coffin

1 Like

Because it’s fun. Really, that’s all there is to it. And they could make Woodworking/Lumberjack a new profession to make furniture and add patterns to the existing professions also.

It would simply be a new element of the game for those who want to participate in it. If you aren’t interested then ignore it, the way I ignore dungeons and raids and PvP because I’m not interest in them.

5 Likes