Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

I am having that same issue. Hoping it has something to do with it just patch launch, but I’ll give it a day or so.

2 Likes

i did the whole thing today as well and got nothing

6 Likes

Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm is not showing up. I have completed the Death Knight starting experience, all the way through the required quest. I have logged in and out and in and out and in and out of both classic and retail. The mount isn’t there.

1 Like

Just did the whole DK intro chain, all the way to the final quest “Where Kings Walk” (alliance) and no mount… Put in a ticket I guess and wait?

I don’t think anyone has received the mount since the prepatch ;(

I did the questline just now. No mount… :S

Speaking of mounts, Hunter Shhould get to ride their pets. Since we arent etting any other good stuff.

1 Like

I just did this questline.

Finished the Horde version with talking to Thrall.

Logged out of Classic.

Logged into Retail.

See a message about “unopened item in your collections” on the “Collections” tab,

Opened Collections tab.

See a wrapped item, unwrap it,

It was Frostbrood Proto-Worm.

Working for me, I have the mount.

Possibly today’s emergency patch addressed and corrected this?

I can see your post is from about 6 hours ago, which is maybe before the emergency patch today.

Anyway… it just worked for me.

Update! I logged into the classic toon and out of the classic toon. Then upon logging into retail I had a gift to unwrap in the mount tab. Lo and behold this was it!

I had a ticket open for the issue as well, and it was completed so I’m not sure if it was the ticket or if it was just a bug they fixed.

Logged on today and got my mount, I guess it just took a day to update, most likely because of the patch and all.

Great, thanks Auremi - I was wondering why I didnt have a mount whilst other people were riding past, I googled and sought an answer but nothing … I am only doing this for the mount and because I am bored … but really will be glad to leave and return to retail. 2hr quest line so bored it has taken me about 4 weeks lol I just keep leaving I mean really how are we to know that there is a pet tab with a mount when we play solo - I thought it had something to do with Frost ghoul or something

Having to do the WOTLK quest line again for the 100th time on classic where the UI is trash and I will be deleting the character afterwards just so I can get a mount in retail is something I wouldn’t wish upon my worst enemies. :skull:

elvui has a classic wrath client. for those who like elvui a nice fyi lol.

1 Like

Too much effort having to install addons for a game I will just be uninstalling afterwards

If you use an addon client it’s like, 2 pushes of a button.

I’d rather just spend the time complaining on these forums tbh.

:dracthyr_no1: :dracthyr_no2:
It’s not Sunday yet!

Hopefully in the future Blizzard doesn’t force veterans to have to play classic that they already played (I even pre-ordered it in line the day the original dropped) and force us to play something that we don’t want to play if we want a mount for a different game. If it was lvling another DK in retail for the mount then I would be ok with it since the character wouldn’t be deleted and then wouldn’t be a waste of time.

Or at least make it a Twitch drop in the future so we can afk it.

I’m done complaining, Happy Thanksgiving.

Is this still obtainable as today, 11/28? Just wondering if it could be still obtainable before the actual release of DF.

2 Likes