Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

just got mine! it’s a great mount tbh…it has a unique summon animation too, which i think they should start adding to special mounts (both existing & new) :100:

it screams sometimes when you’re just sitting there, which is always nice if you like riding on fierce dinosaurs :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

Maybe it’s not about doing the content but the predatory business practice in general?

1 Like

What’s predatory about it ? I went in, spent exactly 0 extra $, got a mount out of it and was reminded how much Classic sucks. I don’t even understand the marketing value of it.

1 Like

Numbers for the investors.

And what’s about predatory? Because you need to be here at a certain time frame. People who cannot play at the moment, are ill or in a hospital will miss out. This is not inclusive enough.

What numbers ? They use MAUs and don’t separate by game. My logging into Classic isn’t an extra MAU.

But we are here.

You’re here right now.

Ain’t nobody subbing back for a crappy mount.

How do you think MAU gets generated…

This discussion does not concern us but people who come later. That’s the point of reducing FOMO.

By Monthly Active Users.

My Classic account is literally my World of Warcraft account, it’s the same user.

They’ll get the next promo mount ?

Dude, I have 450+ mounts, I use like 2.

And yet you don’t think they separate the statistics or analyze them?
I really don’t know if it’s worth for an American to discuss this through the night at this time, go better to bed.

First of all, I’m not a “dudeeee” in RL and secondly, you’re a regular player, obviously you won’t do much with these mounts. Some mounts have value on RP-servers you actual need to represent certain factions, races and so on properly. The bigger problem is when they are FOMO.

Night Elves/Forsaken lost updated racial flying mounts through FOMO which is not okay.

For games that use different subscriptions with different accounts, yeah.

For games literally on the same 15$/month ? No, it’s the same user. It’s not extra revenue at all.

Dude is an exclamation of disbelief or exasperation.

“Duuuude what are you saying”.

Nah. Bliz will never do that. Dragonriding is a covenant 2.0

Interesting, I saw this thread and clicked on it and it loaded to some point half way down. They edited the thread title and added a time limit on this.

Theres 2 possible implications:

1. This is a change in plans and the mount was initially going to always be available or
  2. They knew this was time limited all along but did not communicate that at first and someone had to come in days/weeks later to edit the thread title and information.

Neither are great, but the second option is terrible in terms of optics. Makes you think theyre a small team who arent even communicating amongst themselves. Just kind of winging it untill someone catches a mistake made by another person in the company and theyre like “yo dude thats not what i meant, can you go edit that out”.

2 Likes

They should make it a store mount so that retail players don’t have to go back and play an intro quest line we’ve done 40000 times in an old, outdated, garbage expansion.

2 Likes

Well I got my dragon. But I got to say the UI is awful in wrath classic. The retail ui is like 100x better. I couldn’t even figure out how to use a mount until I was at the final fight cause I asked someone how they got the mount and was told had to go to character and pets what the heck since they took out the mount button that displays your mounts in classic wrath. But glad I don’t have to play this anymore.

2 Likes

@Nethaera, you should find a way to sticky this post top page of what you posted here as well as @Sallandrel post. I did what both said and got it. Thank you both for the tips.

1 Like

Odd,
I did the quest line today, but have nothing

2 Likes

I am having that same issue. Hoping it has something to do with it just patch launch, but I’ll give it a day or so.

2 Likes

i did the whole thing today as well and got nothing

6 Likes

Frostbrood Proto-Wyrm is not showing up. I have completed the Death Knight starting experience, all the way through the required quest. I have logged in and out and in and out and in and out of both classic and retail. The mount isn’t there.

1 Like

Just did the whole DK intro chain, all the way to the final quest “Where Kings Walk” (alliance) and no mount… Put in a ticket I guess and wait?

I don’t think anyone has received the mount since the prepatch ;(