Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

So how does playing a DK in Classic work? Can I just log in and make one, or do I have to have a character at a certain level in order to make one? If I have to be a certain level, could I boost that character and then be eligible to make a DK?

Stop playing on overly crowded realms. These realms that are super popular probably have like 10x or more the typical population a 2008 Wrath server had which is crazy. We’re talking about a time when the game was at 12 million active subs.

They literally stated they even have pushed their tech to the limit short of breaking the servers to the point they’d start crashing several times a day.

Imo they should force move people off of them completely with their guilds. But they could incentivize a guild moving in the least somehow.

This was a VERY pleasant surprise! Thank you, Blizzard!

1 Like

Unless it is on a fresh server. Fresh servers require level 55 character.

1 Like

As long as it is not on a new fresh server you can create a DK right away. You get one freebie and any others you create have to be on a different realm and with a level 55 already there. The starting zone takes maybe two hours to complete.

2 Likes

Oh that’s great, I haven’t played since a few months after Classic so it’s nice I can just go ahead and make one. Thank you!

1 Like

Which won’t get me to play Retail again unless there is nothing after WOTLK Classic. I am probably done with WoW at that point honestly. Retail has nothing fun about it other then “put on the highest ilvl” which takes no sort of planning. Gear is made obsolete (which ironically started with Wrath) when the next tier comes out and gives very little reason to ever touch old content in the same expansion it was released.

The only nice thing about Retail raiding was the ability to do a boss over again and get a second roll on it and they took that away too. Difficulty is definitely a plus as outside of Sunwell and some of Naxxramas, the raids have been fairly easy. I didn’t like to speed run at first (which is the alternative to difficulty), but after getting like a top 100 World AQ40 clear no buffs, it grew on me.

Knowing the world doesn’t revolve around me, but I am sure there are a lot of former retail players who will be looking for that experience in future content for WoW. They want to keep people like me around, but they will be displacing people like me in the next year or so. A lot of people dislike Cataclysm’s talent trees and the infamous Dragon Soul. If they skip to MoP that might make some people happy, but those who quit strictly because “pandas” would quit again.

I don’t play Classic.

If this is their attempt to get people on the non-crowded realms, it won’t work. People, like me, are gonna make a toon, play through the starting zone, then immediately uninstall classic.

It solves nothing lol.

3 Likes

this is amazing! thanks for making a cross-game reward that is free!

5 Likes

Where does the mount appear on live servers? I had a DK leveled to the low 60’s on WotLK classic prior to this mounts release, but I can not find the mount. I’ve tried logging into my dk on classic, as well as closing the bnet client and reopening but still can’t find the mount.

Wasn’t a queue at all when i logged in

It should be in your mount list to unwrap as long as you did the dk starting quest line

Ah there it is. I had my promotion mounts disabled for some reason. Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

Does this count as an extra MAU?

Goshdamnit. I’ve never really been baited by these mount giveaways… but damnit this one really does look so cool and matches the DK aesthetic so well.

I prefer the legion class order ones though… not to mention the ICC frosties are still some of the best.

Sigh. We shall see.

Its literally an hour or 2 of gameplay to get this…its a steal practically.

1 Like

Did they remove the requirement of having a level 60 before you can make a hero class like a DK in classic?

Yes they did. My highest char was 40 something hunter and I was able to make a DK.

1 Like

In that case I shall be right back lol. Thanks, bud, appreciate the info :slight_smile: <3

This is a very nice mount! I shall enjoy riding it :smiley:
I’m also glad new players were able to play DKs immediately in stead of leveling another class first. It was very nice being able to install and log on to relive the DK starter zone without needing an alt first.

3 Likes

Now is the perfect time. To get people to play retail during the dragonflight prepatch.

Wotlk just reminded me how much better retail feels to play!

Also pro tip. Do it on the dead servers.

1 Like