Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

imagine all the level 55 forum alt trollers this is going to bring

they said it wouldnt happen at some point. im too lazy/don’t care enough to dig it up… oh well. im not even surprised anymore heh

It’ll go great with my transmog :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, fine. I’ll make a stupid death knight.

1 Like

Not really sure what Blizzard gets out of this. Proof of a strong demand for LK-Classic?? Not sure why they would care… to prove why they allocated resources?

Esp when that “strong demand” that’s fake from a cross promotion, drops off a cliff in a week after everyone gets their mount and never goes back.

I just… I don’t see the plan further out than a week from this. People that want to play LK-Classic will play it. They don’t need a promotion to remind them.

2 Likes

It is a really nice mount and didn’t expect it when i finished my D K yesterday.

Can you use the mount on retail?

I still paid for my subscription and bought Shadowlands after quitting in BFA. My friend asked me to come back to play with them. I ultimately went back to Classic though.

Also, what incentive does this give Retail players after the starting quest? Yeah you might catch a few people who are curious to reach 70 and may even continue on to 80 or decide to play WOTLK while Dragonflight is between patches, but they are going to want to provide the WOTLK community with a reason to play Dragonflight come Wrath downtime. (Swapped my forum character to my actual WOTLK main).

ThEN doN’t

This promotion and playing classic with all the competition for questing made me glad to play retail. Also I miss mouse over targeting : /

I will bear the dk experience for this awesome mount though. I just appreciate all the quality of life we have in retail. (So many people waiting for dks to spawn and duel).

Then the server had to shut down.

You know what would be way sicker than offering a mount in a game I don’t play? Fix your server’s stop pretending you didn’t create the problem. You just got 100 mil off diablo this is 2022 stop making people wait in 4 hours long Q’s. You allowed 20k people to xfer to one server. You had no problem taking their money to xfer now fix it.

how long do we have to get this ?

1 Like

So lemme get this straight.

Classic players have been complaining nonstop that there’s massive queues for their realms and you haven’t done anything (because you know that will create dead realms in a month).

And your solution was to send a tidal wave of retail players over there?

This could very well be the worst timing you have ever had for anything in this game ever LOL.

EDIT: To clarify, this isn’t a bad thing. It’s just poorly timed. Waiting a month or two for queues to stabilize would have been better.

8 Likes

On the plus side the mount is pretty sick.

2 Likes

none of that changes what I said.

Simpsons did it: BUT SHE HAS A NEW HAT!

This reads like satire. You have absolutely no say in what it should be when you’re barely pushing 100 mounts yourself. I guarantee if you were at 500 mounts, or nearing it, you’d want something different for the amount of time/effort you put into it. It baffles me that the people that are being so vocal about this and defending it are the ones who barely have any mounts collected themselves. You are literally hurting the player base with this type of mindeset and punishing people for no reason.

Oh it is. But this should have been in like 2 months from now. Use it to promote 10.0.

“Complete the l death knight starting zone on classic during the retail prepatch and gain your own dragon mount for retail use”

The realm I leveled up to 60 on in classic was the only RP realm. Last I heard it was dead as a doornail. A lot of players have been complaining about losing their characters in realm mergers, and I thought that would happen to me. But when I tried to log in the other day, I saw that realm still exists and I’m on it.

So if you want that mount and otherwise don’t care about wrath classic, try Bloodsail Buccaneers. I just rolled a dk. There was no queue.

Don’t mind me. Just stopping by to see how people manage to complain about this. I don’t like to brag, but I’m kind of an expert on complaining and I got nothing.

2 Likes