Phase 2 will make the game unplayable for many

Look, I get it. I love world PvP too. My fondest memories of the game came in Vanilla when the Honor System was released. But currently, on some servers the balance is so unhealthy there really isn’t much of chance to fight back. I can’t imagine it’s fun for the other faction either.

Currently on my server, it already takes 5-10 corpse runs to get to Blackrock Mountain. The steady flow of ghosts/wisps running from Thorium Point is a sad thing to witness. And this is WITHOUT the honor incentive… Once phase 2 comes out? It will quite literally, make aspects of the game unplayable.

If you don’t know what it’s like to play on a severely unbalanced server, do not tell me to QQ more. You can’t possibly understand. The other day we got smart… We told our UBRS raid of 10 to all leave together for protection. Simply by the natural organic flow of horde stumbling on us by random chance… within minutes it was 30v10.

And yes, Blizzard dropped the ball on this. They allowed unrestricted server transfers without taking into account population balance. They could have let the faction with more players transfer until it was (relatively) balanced. They can still do that.

46 Likes

Yea I was thinking about this the other day. Phase 2 is going to sour opinions on classic by sticking faction and class imbalances in peoples’ faces and showing how much of a neglected sidegame Vanilla PvP is.

Organized PvP in battlegrounds does a lot to alleviate this by factoring out pop imbalance and diminishing the issue of class imbalances with large team fights.

13 Likes

Make sure you get to 60 and geared up before TSHTF

7 Likes

Post on your Classic main so we can verify what you are saying is true. This sounds like pro-BG propaganda to me.

6 Likes

Look I’m all for PvP, and I hate whiners. I do want a balance of faction per server. Just facerolling the other faction due to disproportionate numbers is boring.

5 Likes

What if it is? I also feel like phase 3 should very closely follow p2. They can wait longer for the last 3, but this game isn’t as good without bg’s.

8 Likes

I planned on pvp servers being horde dominated by being on the RP realm.

I played on Lightninghoof - Alliance side for many years. I’ve been on the wrong to very wrong side of the numbers. I know that for that to work you need to have a guild dedicated to ruthless retaliation. That wasn’t what I wanted for Classic, so my friends and I went RP instead of RPPvP.

5 Likes

The majority of players on this forum asked for a world pvp phase that’s why they added it. This game is fine without bgs go outside and play kid.

7 Likes

Closing server transfers and offering one way faction transfers would probably be the best solution to tackling the imbalance.

I don’t know how this would work with paladins and shamans though, because just because you play one doesn’t mean you want to play the other.

Or they could remove the one faction only requirement on pvp servers that way people don’t have to abandon their faction but could roll an alt on the other side as well.

But ultimately I don’t expect Blizzard to do anything.

Is it just me, or is Classic possessed of a serious victimhood complex?

18 Likes

So, people notice a faction imbalance, refuse to reroll to fix the balance, and then think Blizzard’s destroying things by stubbornly refusing to change something.

Is that about it?

12 Likes

I’m shocked that people are shocked that pvp servers are horde dominated. :flushed:

That was a given when you rolled on a pvp server as alliance unless you rolled on a particular streamer server.

7 Likes

Alliance on Kirtonos here, which is about 2/3 horde/alliance.

Don’t worry about it.

Remember, both Classic+ and TBC are simply player rumors, nothing more. If all this shakes out the way you fear, then…

Quit classic for 3 months.

It’s not going ANYWHERE.

1 Like

Open PvP servers are by their very nature, flawed. No thanks.

6 Likes

In Vanilla, Horde was always dominant on pvp servers, very few were Alliance dominant. There wasnt any balance back then, there shouldnt be today, and just think of it as the Good Guy tax for rolling that dirty faction in the first place.

3 Likes

Honest question.

How can horde think of themselves this way anymore?

is at least 2/1 numerical advantage and superior pvp racials not enough to convince you that Horde players are weaker?

7 Likes

#1 it will definitely be a crap fest
#2 I can’t wait… gonna be fun

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t think phase 2 will realistically last very long at all. They gave us DM early which means the only real things dropping in phase 2 are world bosses and the PvP system.

As far as Blizzard is probably concerned as long as they have released the content true and in order they have fulfilled their obligations to the player base.
When it comes to original release the honor system was released on 5th May with WSG dropping on 7th June. So probably no more than a month between the phases seems realistic.

1 Like

This is Blizzard we’re talking about. Phase 2 will last far, far too long.

I think you’re probably right about that but only because everyday here will be an Alliance temper tantrum once phase 2 comes out.

2 Likes