Petition to keep Seals, Totems and Auras in Cataclysm

Then maybe you like them now because you’re a different person or the community is different. I don’t know. You have to try it out.

I think this is a fair statement.

No, I don’t. I say you should try it out because time has changed. Exactly that is what makes people angry about anti-catas. They don’t even bother trying it out because they are so fixated on this “Cata is trash” narrative. I didn’t like TBC, even when I started back then but I still gave it a go on Cata Classic and I was positively surprised. Well who would have thought that 14+ years changes a lot. (big surprise face)

Nobody here is saying “go play Cata its going to be the best experience ever and you will fall in love”. Everyone is trying to say: try it out.

Because you aren’t using your brains. You are just following the echo chamber you have been living in for the past 10 years. And no this doesn’t mean you (as anti-catas) are stupid.

No, I really don’t. My dislike for the original Cataclysm + the announced Titan Forged nonsense means I don’t have to try it again at all.

Are you gonna run out of breath sticking your head into the sand like that?

I’m literally not. I told you, if you enjoy the game more power to you. I don’t so I won’t be playing it.

What is this

… really?

Have you not played their classic iteration of heroics at all?

I’m pretty sure they are called Titan Runes.

No meme, isn’t that one of the key stances as to why classic is a thing? Old men with grudges against retail because “cata ruined my talents with those stupid tier system” which you and I know is MoP talents… But expand that point to every point.

I know not everyone who plays classic is like this, but it just feels all too common with the “I hate the expansion reee”.

So semantics is your go to argument here? Are you seriously pretending to claim you didn’t know what I was talking about?

I dont know, could have been something new that I missed? Titanforging was a thing in Retail.

I really don’t care who is what, but Titan Forging is apart of War Forging, a gear system used at a point in retail. It was RNG and just up’d the ilvl of the gear.

It’s not semantics, it’s an entire different system.

A system that was added after I quit the first time around cause I didn’t like the direction the game was heading in.

Apologies for getting it wrong, but it really ought to have been obvious.

Yes to a degree.
I spend quite so time on the famous nos private server which is what everyone calls “the birth of Classic”. There were all sorts of people playing there. Some just didn’t want to spend money, other didn’t have the time to play retail etc.
It really depends. Well yes, most people probably have a grudge on X expansion and thus fall back to pservers/classic iteration but I don’t think its the key stance. At least thats my opinion.

All good, just thought it was something they have announced that I missed.

Really? Then why do I agree with the same interpretations of that poster in question?

The both of us are wrong and aren’t using our brains?

They announced Titan Rune Dungeons already and I’ve hated their implementation in WotLK Classic.

Why would I play an expansion that already made me quit once when they’ve only announced changes I loathe already?

About what

Idk maybe they surprise you by actually doing it right or idk changing something fundamentally in Cata?
Thats basically all what I have been trying to say: try it out.

That you’re accusing anyone that doesn’t agree with you of hating Cata…

Or we’re brainless because a simple feature, in my case, the sentry totem, can be a dealbreaker for playing a game.

I’ll keep an eye on the news obviously, but as things currently are I, personally, wouldn’t piss on Cataclysm to put out the Fire Lord.

1 Like

Its something completely different if you hate something fundamentally about an expansion than a stupid totem that nobody cares about/nobody uses. That is just stupidity or holding a grudge ngl

2 Likes

Fair enough and I respect that.

1 Like