Petition to keep Seals, Totems and Auras in Cataclysm

The upcoming Cataclysm changed a lot about class abilities. I would like to start a petition to keep some of them as they are currently working in WotLK classic. While the addition of new abilities like Heroic Leap or Leap of Faith are awesome ideas, very practical and something I’m looking forward to, I would ask to please not remove any of the ones we currently have in wotlk classic or change the way they work in an exponential way. like paladin seals (wisdom, light, justice, etc.) and auras, and shaman totems in the game. I would also like to keep Divine Intervention and Eyes of the Beast.

3 Likes

I don’t believe any of them are removed, only consolidated. Like, I think Seal of Light and Wisdom get merged? And then all resistance auras get combined into 1? It’s more QoL than anything, imo.

1 Like

Oh that’s right; Cata is where we lose the sentry totem.

Just reaffirms me that not playing Cata is the right decision.

5 Likes

What a strange reason to not play cata.

11 Likes

A simple thing like that can make or break what makes a great video game.

Doesn’t fit well with the narrative that Wrath plays just like Cata, does it?

1 Like

Should’ve BLIZZ not give mage Heroism?
(we call it Distortion of Time)
we haven’t àny good buffs until cata…we put lunch…intelly…not much else

That is not a narrative that anyone is having. You just invented that.

6 Likes

That’s just Blizzard back then removing abilities that players don’t use, you didn’t hear Mages cry about Detect Magic getting removed in TBC nor do you hear any Mages cry about Dampen/Amplify Magic being removed. It’s a very niche spell with little to no gameplay use, What use was the Sentry Totem?

7 Likes

Basically only in bg pvp and even there its not even used that much

3 Likes

Yeah the only time I’ve ever used Detect Magic was with the Anubisath in AQ40/20.

The only time I’ve used Amplify Magic is with Saurfang and Dreamwalker (and I don’t even do it on Saurfang but it is suggested).

1 Like

Well yes. Cata replaced most very situational spells and added some meaningful spells while being still close to the classes how they were in Wrath

2 Likes

The Ice Wall circle thing that Mages get looks interesting.

Ah it’s called Wall of Fog

Creates a line of frost in front of the mage, 30 yards from end to end. Enemies who cross the line are snared and take damage. The mana cost will be designed to make Wall of Fog efficient against groups, not individuals. This spell is intended to give mages a way to help control the battlefield, whether the mage is damaging incoming enemies (Blizzard can be channeled on top of Wall of Fog) or protecting a flag in a Battleground. 10-second duration. 30-second cooldown.

Fun fact, pressing CTRL + enter will post.

2 Likes

you’re acting like this is new.

It’s been 15 years since last Cata release.

Keep useless sentry totem, but at the cost of healing rain. xD

Why not re-add all useless abilities? what a troll

3 Likes

Wall of fog is very fun, unfortunately it was too op and didn’t last for long. Was it even in patch 4.3.3?

What WoW forums have you been reading?

You’re the expert on sentry totem/shaman abilities all of a sudden?

Look at that!! You completely contradicted your post about me inventing that narrative, when you’re doing it right here as we speak!!

All because I simply mentioned sentry totem…

You were the one that offered meaningless rebuttal to a post that didn’t need any further acknowledgement. Addendum See? I did the same thing the other lok did. This last comment was directed @YEHMI. My mistake.

Current ones and nobody says that. People say you may like Cata and you should give it a try because its very close gameplaywise. And yes, removing a totem barely anyone uses is not changing the gameplay that much. I didn’t quit wow just because they removed [any random spell they removed in Wrath]

I am not an expert however I know where I can lookup stuff. You should try too because then you wouldn’t have said that they remove all totems.

5 Likes

Interestingly enough, I never said anything of the sort.

Literally the premise of your thread and your second post is a oops they just removed sentry totem, the most useless totem of all of them that some guides don’t even include. Cmon don’t backtrack here

I made this thread?

Not sure if you’re going to reply to this or not, but I didn’t create this thread.

So that really says alot about your reading comprehension, does it?

Oh you didn’t, my bad.
Regardless point being i can look up information