Pet won't stay dismissed

Since 8.1.5 my pet will not stayed dismissed. Dismiss pet, ride mount, dismount and pet pops back up. Dismiss pet, take a flight path, land and pet pops back up. Sometimes I just want to dismiss pet while I do other things, call it back when ready to quest. Nope. Keeps coming back on its own. I have 3 pets and it happens to all 3. I disabled all addons. Still happening. Started as soon as the 8.1.5 patch was installed. Posted this in Technical Support, but see that I should have posted it here?

5 Likes

I’m having the same issue with frost mage.

dismiss elemental, mount up, dismount, elemental returns.

Same. Makes some weird tames where you have to mount up and drop off impossible. I worked around it by putting my pets in the stable BUT I kept getting an error that I already had an active pet (dismissing pet said I didn’t have one) which I was able to solve with a relog. Annoying.

Same thing here for me, dismiss pet, mount or use flight path and pet returns all by itself. This is rather annoying to say the least.

Having this same issue, on my hunter, mage and warlock.

I’m having the opposite happen when I take a flight path. The pet is always dismissed when I land and needs to be resummoned.

I do hope this bug gets some attention before 8.2. It is so annoying.

I, too, am having that problem with my hunters. I hope it gets resolved soon because it’s quite annoying.

This has been happening since 8.15. In Pandaria, I took a flightpath, pet did not pop up when I landed. Called pet and dismissed it (was Hati). Then flew on my own mount to the Sha, when I landed, Hati popped back up again.

Same issue. Hunter pet. Dismiss, mount, dismount and the pet returns. Happening in Duskwood which is obviously an undesired situation.

1 Like

Yes I am having the same issue. And it is very annoying if you are trying to tame anything. Please fix this.

1 Like

Just killed frigging Skoll on my hunter – my pet was dismissed, I started the tame – saw hearts and everything – pet came out and killed Skoll ---- soo irked. Bugged it just because but I am betting I’ll be told to stable instead of dismiss … soooo irked. First time I have EVER seen the damn thing.

2 Likes

Same issue here.

Bump, having the same issue on deathknight.

I am trying to tame Gondria…

Please fix. Thanks. I am currently 68 so i have time. 77 she is…

I ran into this on my hunter the other night, I don’t know what caused it. I almost succeeded in killing the rare I was trying to tame half a dozen times but THANKFULLY had the pet-feign-death glyph and was able to drop him before he killed it. I couldn’t fix it, so eventually I had to go to a stablemaster and remove every pet from my inventory before going back and trying again.

1 Like

Still happening on my Warlock too

1 Like

Come on Blizz fix this dang bug with dismissed pets…I play many pet classes and its royal pain in A… you know what I am saying.

1 Like

Still happening with my pet, makes it a PITA to do Islands Rabbit Charms runs since looting the nodes / chests or mounting will summon it and new pets don’t have the rabbit charm buff

1 Like

Blizzard how much longer are we pet classes going to have to put with Pet Dismiss bug getting in our way to play how we want to play?