Pet fundraiser to help those in Hawaii

Pineapple hat toy.

People need to lay off this stupid trope of “durr you can help without a pet.”

Nobody is saying you can’t. Nobody is saying they haven’t. Doing a promotion raises more money. It’s ok to donate more than once to a disaster.

8 Likes

You’re not even talking about the same thing. I’m talking about what goes to the charity itself, not how funds are distributed afterwards. That’s why Sasari and I both said to research the charity itself to see where those funds go within the charity itself and how much gets to where.

They probably won’t cause it doesn’t score them ESG points like Ukraine donations.

There’s also the issue of scale.

Ukraine is a country of 36 million and has its hospitals and schools bombed on a regular basis.

Maui has a population of 164 thousand and wildfires, while terrible, tend not to come back week after week.

It’s a silly comparison. Like I said, check back a year from now and help out the communities then, after the media has died down. That’s when they’ll need more assistance.

2 Likes

They already have the perfect pet too.

Give Retail Glub, a tropical fish.

I chuckle at the ideas for a pineapple theme for Hawaiʻi.
Pineapples = Hawaiian is a meme. It is a friendly happy meme but regardless, pineapples are not actually Hawaiian, they come from South America, they are grown in Hawaiʻi because of our tropical climate.
Kind of like when i first went to Texas and was amazed that not everyone in Texas wore a cowboy hat.

Thank you for linking that. I’ll donate some there and if blizz does do a pet thing I’ll get the pet and help support there too :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

I actually wonʻt turn my nose up at a nice pineapple and ham pizza! I usually wouldn’t order it but if someone offered it id gladly have some.

1 Like

Hawaiian Murloc aquatic pet.
Some abilities:
Pineapple barrage
Maui Wowie stun grenade
Aloha team heal

5 Likes

Yes!

He’s wearing a Hawaiian shirt with sunglasses and has a pina colada in his hand.

:panda_face: :tropical_drink:

2 Likes

Just like SPAM is from Minnesota and yet Hawaii is considered the SPAM capitol. Of course Dole pineapple comes from there, so that is where I get it for my pizza.

1 Like

If they do a pet or a toy, I’ll buy it. Until then, I have this. Find your own. There’s many good ones out there.

Speaking of pets, Maui’s animal rescues are under real strain right now:

2 Likes

Well it shouldn’t be poy because that stuff is gross.

And I’ll be in your state this Jan
 look out for sasarai

My goodness, some of these replies. :woman_facepalming:

If you don’t want to donate via Blizzard, that’s cool.

If you want to donate without the incentive of having a pet, that’s cool.

If you want to donate all on your own through a charity of your choice, that’s cool.

If you don’t want to donate through whatever charity Blizzaard would use because of your concern donations would go towards overhead costs and not to the people who need it, that’s cool.

If you wouldn’t buy the pet even if Blizzard offered it, that’s cool.

“If you want to help, just donate yourself. Don’t depend on Blizzard doing it for you.”
You’re assuming I (and others) haven’t already.

The goal here isn’t to get a free pet, it’s drawing more attention to a cause using the massive platform and attention Blizz could bring if they did do a pet adoption.

3 Likes

they raised money for Ukraine and they have more customers here than any other country.

We put them away when we see tourists, just to mess with them.

:cowboy_hat_face:

You guys are disgusting. It’s actually gross seeing other people who really won’t donate because their video game company didn’t release a fun in game item. Personally’ i’m not donating because I don’t care. But don’t say you care when you’re asking a notoriously greedy company to fundraise knowing they’re going to dip into the funds. Don’t be gross on the internet guys your mom wouldn’t like it

I’d like to throw out this perspective: The Ukraine pet promotion is still relatively new. Would it not seem a bit off to be promoting another fundraiser event to distract from that one? Running both, you’ll distract from both.

There’s a reason most fundraising events only promote one charity: They have a cause they support, they want to dedicate all attention on that cause. There’s too many things to dedicate money to even consider making a promotion for every single one, and that goes for everyone.

If you want to support a cause, you have resources to do so. You don’t need to wait for a corporation, streamer, what have you to encourage you to do so.

They are matching 100% of the proceeds to BlueCheck Ukraine. I’m not sure what more you want from this.

1 Like