Pet fundraiser to help those in Hawaii

Any chance Blizzard is planning on doing another pet adoption to help raise funds for those who are in dire need of aid in Hawaii?

The wildfires that spread through Maui are reported to be the worst seen in modern US history. It would be an amazing gesture to help those who lost everything including loved ones.

I realize it’s not Blizzard’s responsibility to respond to every crisis that happens, but it would help those people so much.

34 Likes

Yeah. Sadly people need you to say that despite it being common sense.

I agree, we could do another pet thing for Hawai’i.

7 Likes
19 Likes

Aloha! It’d be nice and that’s an easy 1up from me.
Walkin’ pineapple pet that carries a surfboard!

:pineapple: :surfing_man:
:dracthyr_comfy_sip:

1 Like

you dont need blizz for that go to the page sendryn has posted.
if you want blizz to do it and want a pet are you really in it for the people that is in need or for yourself?

12 Likes

What stopping you to donate directly?

6 Likes

I think the need is more immediate and that you should be able to find many worthwhile and legit places to help out the people of Hawaii instead of using Blizzard as an intermediary.

4 Likes

You’re making assumptions that I ( and others ) would only do this for the pet and I ( and others ) haven’t done it already.

You know what they say about assumptions. :}

5 Likes

So answer his question

Why do you need a pet to do something good?

7 Likes

Y’all do realize that “I think it’d be nice if Blizzard did fundraising to help” is not the same sentence as “I won’t help unless Blizzard gives me a pet for it” right?

21 Likes

and i am saying when something has happen it the same song and dance we dont need blizzard to help out.
and i am saying they would do it for the pet by saying i donated to help out where is your pet at type of players

I, for one, would not buy whatever pet they put up.

3 Likes

Again, you’re assuming I’m doing this for a pet. I suggested this because Blizzard has a much larger reach than one person. Bringing attention to a crisis while also raising funds is the goal here. Not to get a pet.

10 Likes

You shouldn’t need to be obligated to donate for a pet

If you’re truly for the cause, you donate without questioning anything in return

Making people buy the pet for a cause doesn’t make you a genuinely good Samaritan

6 Likes

we are assuming this is when players ask for pet donations type of threads
and this blizzard has a larger reach then one person is just wrong.
if people do a google search they would see pages of fundraisers for hawaii

So if you’re a genuine person to help the cause, why ask for a pet when you should donate directly and don’t expect anything in return

2 Likes

I see that you didn’t read what I said. Feel free to try again.

9 Likes

Personally I’m unlikely to donate just on my own, but I’d for sure buy a pet for a cause like this. Maybe that makes me terrible, I don’t know, but an arrangement where they do a pet for a cause can help get bigger traction since people are getting something out of it. Also many companies will match the amount raised dollar for dollar, doubling the impact.

Should people give just for the sake of giving? Sure. Can giving them something for it as an act of corporate charity to maximize the draw help? Also sure.

4 Likes

“look, we’re helping”

1 Like

I mean… any help would be better than no help right?

You could donate directly
You could donate through blizzard

The more the merrier right?

The people whose lives were destroyed probably don’t care where the money comes from or if people needed incentives to donate.

8 Likes