Pet battle/collection broken

I had the same problem happen to me following a character transfer. Pet cap reset, pet battle skill unlearned, pet dungeons reset, missing Minion of Mayhem title, the whole 9 yards.

I just got my response from the GM, they fixed everything and sent me two new portal items to replace the ones that were misplaced. Just one small snag - I get an error when I try to use the pet portal items saying I’ve already learned them. So I am now capped at 1000 pets and I can’t even use the items to get back to 2000.

So, guess I go back to waiting on the response to my ticket…

1 Like

Same issue, just put in a ticket. I’m locked at 1k and can’t add more now but already had over 1k pets. Ticket is in.

1 Like

Thank you blizzard… after today’s surprise maintenance my mechagon toys and manapoof teleports are back, so I’m assuming everything is.

Hearing good news from people affected by this bug, can others confirm fixes? crossing fingers

The problem seems to have been fixed with today’s maintenance. I am now able to add pets again.

now for the real test - if anyone’s brave enough to attempt a character transfer and see if it’s fixed across the board

looks like its fixed.

I submitted a bug report and put in a ticket a few days ago. This morning, my ticket was replied to, and I was sent both pocket portals in the mail, and found my Manapoof teleports have been restored (whether or not it was the GM, I don’t know).

I haven’t submitted a ticket, and this was not fixed for me: my pet cap is still stuck at 1000 and my Mechagon Minis aren’t available (achievement still shows several collected). Whatever’s been fixed for some of you, it unfortunately still doesn’t seem to be a blanket fix.

What fixed the damage to players is a ticket. Nothing else. I’m willing to bet they don’t have a blanket fix, and they may never have one. So if you want to be set right, submit a ticket.

What’s been fixed “universally” is the original bug that would cause character services to bork accounts.

1 Like

oof, surely they must be working on fixing what broke it in the first place, they don’t want account services to keep breaking people’s data like this

After multiple replies and getting an automated response, I finally got a GM to send me a pet portal so I could pet battle again.

I am waiting for their 3rd response as I had my last Falcosaur mount pet quest reset with the recent character transfer pet battle bugs.

Agreed, it seems likely that we’ll have to submit tickets to get this fixed. I had held off because I wasn’t sure if I was finished moving characters around. And it seemed useful to be able to confirm that fixes weren’t global. In theory, they know what accounts transferred characters, and therefore what accounts are affected, so they should be able to fix them without individual tickets. However, given the lack of acknowledgement of this issue, it seems unlikely at this point.

1 Like

Awesome, it has been fixed for me too.
Mechagon mini toy back to normal, falcosaur pets no longer offering completed quests, pet dungeon quests, title and teleporter as it was. And Uuna now recognizes me.

Thank you

I was reporting this one beta and ptr, well over a month ago, before it ever made it to live. Even made posts on the beta forums. It all went ignored even though its kind of a big deal, not a little bug.

1 Like

Out of interest to any here, I opened a ticket to ask about the current situation (again - I haven’t been affected myself yet, but I’ve been waiting to do a realm transfer)

This is the answer I received, if it’s helpful to anyone. I still won’t be doing a transfer just yet as I’d personally be more comfortable waiting until the issue doesn’t happen at all, but it sounds like they’re better able to fix things for now.

This is Game Master Shuyect. Thank you for your patience while awaiting a reply.
I see you are concerned about transferring one of your characters. I’m afraid there is no way for Customer Support to be able to tell when an issue may be fully resolved. It is not possible to reserve a sale price or character transfer for the future. We have not received an updated from the development team, however as you mentioned we have come up with a workaround in the meantime. If you decide to go ahead and transfer during the sale and you find your character is affected, simply let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
As always, we will be here if you need anything else. Stay safe and take care.

1 Like

Beta and PTR are, and have been, places where you can find out what bugs are going live.

I know that feels cruel to hear as they do fix thousands of bugs but my statement still stands. They have for many years given us betas and ptrs and glaring bugs/issues that are reported by many go straight to retail. Not surprised to hear that about this one.

I should also add that my last GM ticket the person did go extra to try and resolve as much of the issue as they could with pet battles although my sub has already expired. I did log in over the free weekend and did note that everything seemed to be resolved. Of course, we never were able to determine the full scope of the issue so hard to say for sure but the obvious things we saw and reported were fixed.

Has anyone transferred a character recently? One of my friends just did tonight and it seems all her stuff is intact, I’m wondering if it’s fixed or if it’s just random if people get glitched or not.

It was never a 100% chance of it happening, lots of people used character services without issue (I wonder how many never noticed…).

I haven’t seen any new people coming here to post about it happening to them like I was seeing before so I think they fixed it. I believe 1 or more blizzard staff have commented in the forums stating that the devs fixed the issue with character services but you’ll have to hunt around for those here and in the customer support forums.

thanks for the heads up! I’ve only been following this topic because I happened to catch wind of the issues right before I was about to make a realm transfer and thankfully stopped, and I’ve been wary ever since

1 Like