Persistent Green Circle Icon - "game data is being downloaded."

I just now started to get this noticed something was wrong when i was in a bg dropping to 40fps when im always at 80

Latest PTR update has not fixed this. Still shows up in game. https://www.wowhead.com/news=318175/shadowlands-pre-patch-ptr-reverted-to-test-candidate

Also been having this issue last couple of days. Sent logs over.

EARTH to anyone at Blizzard? Update please? ANNOYING.

4 Likes

I’ve been having the same issue as well since either Wednesday or Thursday. Constant green rotating wheel and my frame rate is stuttering around 80 when its usually 110-120 at all times. Textures are not loading in, especially when I zone in somewhere or load into the game from character select.

Tonight its been even worse. I attempted to log on and the game kept locking up and crashing before the load bar could even begin to move. I found out that deleting the files in my cache folder fixed that, but I’m still having the same issues described above.

As others mentioned, there is a second shorter loading bar under the main loading bar that appears very briefly. Gig internet here, 9700k cpu, running wow on SSD, 2080 super, and yes I have it set to pause updates if I’m playing.

I’m in Uldum right now ‘killing’ stuff and its dead but I’m still casting and showing them at full HP… I’m glad they care.

same issue here

2 Likes

Yes I am having these same issues. I have sent all the appropriate logs and everything. And I am still having the same issues. It is drastically affecting my game play and my loading times as well. I have never lagged and this is really causing that to happen! Also my login, has really changed! It takes a few minutes now for me to even load into the game due to this issue. I hope that this gets addressed before long!

2 Likes

Happening to me as well. I pray this isn’t harming my computer. I just installed a new Ssd

4 Likes

Guys,
I uninstalled WoW and Battle.net APP. Deleted all remaining folders and stuff.
Did a clean in registry too, to avoid missing stuff.
Installed WoW Retail again. I did NOT downloaded the pre-patch.
Seems to be working fine. Not lagging anymore, and sound is working too.

At my Game Menu tooltip (with addons and ping) I still have a line:
Download 0% complete
But game looks like be running ok.

1 Like

By prepatch (that you didn’t download), do you mean the PTR or a separate download for the retail game? (I had an extra 20 gig download after the full reinstall that I’ve suspected is the cause of the problems)

I’m currently doing this as well… So, we will see what happens if it doesn’t fix then I guess we can chalk it up to they just don’t care…

The 20 GB download for retail after you finish the first one.

Ah, thanks! Ok, I’ll try another clean install today without that file. Thanks!

I just did a clean install- I still had issues with the sound and some mild lag. I then went to check my drivers and maybe its coincidence but my Dolby Atmos driver was corrupt. It was working just fine pre Tuesday. This PC is a week old so IDK what to think.

1 Like

I did a clean reinstall yesterday and the issue seemed to go away. Then today it came back, I did a scan and repair, which downloaded around 200 MBs of missing data, but I’m still getting the green circle. While ingame, it feels like half of the game textures are being re downloaded while moving around.

1 Like

This might be coincidental but I’ve noticed the green circle only pops up when I first load in or when switching sections of a map. If I just hang out in one area it goes away but when I mount up and start flying it periodically pops up. I wonder if it’s responding to the game loading in zone/phasing information in the background as the character moves around.

Same issue here, constantly saying it’s downloading game data. Haven’t noticed any lag though.

Same issue. Started last night. Same thing this morning. Reinstalled game and all drivers updated. Still there :frowning:

4 Likes

Any update on this? I had to re-download the game to get the patch to work and even with a good connection that takes a long time, I really don’t want to delete and reinstall the game again to still have this green circle issue. Thanks

3 Likes