"Perhaps now the Horde will see that, too."

Is it the thickest plot armor in the history of WoW?

Have you seen Anduin lately? Jaina? the former of those two had at least three Deus Ex’s in a row happen at the Battle for Lordaeron. An army of Void Elves teleport out of nowhere, an ocean of blight is frozen(Despite the fact Blight was designed to work in winter conditions, it was made to melt scourge in NORTHREND.) he mass rez’s his army with a bubble of light that seems considerably more powerful then Sylvanas rallying her army basically through a loud voice.

And yet we don’t have people saying Anduin is a Christie Golden in-

OKAY, bad example. But my point is: Comparatively what makes Tyrande dangerous is that she’s really old, and we’re supposed to believe that Elune is more threatening then all the other forces we’ve leveraged against one another. The latter I don’t buy, the former is…well, look at Velen, 25,000 years old and he can mostly just make light bubbles.

13 Likes

I can agree with this to an extent. But Horde started unrealistically beating the Kaldorei left and right in Cata. Between Ashenvale and Stonetalon. But my major complaints, ignoring the War of Thorns, will be A Little Patience, Wolfheart, and Tyrandr striking a deal with Vol’jin at the end of SoO. Personally.

Personally at this point if Maiev handed my character some kind of flaming tonic and said, “Go burn these Horde civilians alive in their huts before they grab their spare axes.” I’d do it without hesitation. I’ve got nothing against being the bad guy if it means Night Elves start winning for once.

The rest of your points I can concede too.

@Darrethy for some reason I can’t quote you in the same post as Droite all of a sudden.

But I think they should have been able to figure out that Delaryn and Sira should have been off limits on who Sylvanas gets away with raising. And I’ve said in other threads before. Have Tyrande kill one Valk and Nathanos. Have the other Valk carry Nathanos and the Horde PC away in a very narrow escape. Once back at the Horde base the Valk sacrifices herself to bring Nathanos back. Sylvanas actually loses something of value in that she now doesn’t have enough Valks to rez herself, Night Elf fans get to revel in actually feeling powerful for once, and the Horde doesn’t lose any of their remaining major leaders.

1 Like

The only reason those happened was so that those very same characters could act all surprised and utterly blindsided to the fact that the forsaken… may use the blight and took no measures to negate it.
Like idk send in the SI:7 to disable them.

If you think people are angry about the way it happens now, having it happen off-screen would be a hundred times worse.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting point. Not only was the Scourge in Northrend, all their magic is ICE BASED. All of them have freezing magic running through them and all their casters use ice spells.

On the other hand Jaina is stronger than Sargeras, so maybe it was more her casting it than the ice itself.

14 Likes

I mean they did send the SI:7 into Undercity, the Horde adventurer killed them all.

To Syaeles: The problem is Delaryn is literally a character born to die, the moment we get into her head she’s got death flags all over. In retrospect it’s obvious that her entire character of losing faith in Elune and dying was literally to facilitate an undeath narrative, Sira died because…I guess they liked the idea of Dark Wardens? I’m not sure if i’d qualifier as off limits because until now she’s been a relatively minor character, I didn’t even know who she was until I encountered her in Darkshore.

Also your plan assumes that Sylvanas is being made in a sympathetic light, and her mourning over a lost lover would be very empathetic. I’m…not sure that’s what Blizzards going for right now.

3 Likes

When I said Horde base I meant their outpost on the shore for where the second Valk dies rezzing Nathanos with Sylvanas not finding out she’s out of extra lives until after the fact.

It could even play into Droite’s idea of Nathanos being set up to take over as Forsaken Leader if Sylvanas reveals she’d have rather kept her extra life than bring him back. Give him an actual reason to betray her beyond instilling in him a sudden uncharacteristic sense of compassion for other Forsaken, let alone other Horde races.

I mean that leads to another question: Why would a Val’kyr sacrifice her life to ressurect Nathanos without consulting Sylvanas first?

They are bound to her, and her specifically, it would be somewhat nonsensical.

It’s possible Blizzard already has something in mind to make her use one of her 1-Ups so there’s no val’kyr to “spare” in using them for Nathanos, so they just had to handwave it away in order to keep them around for later.

Not that I think it makes the scenario any better. It’s just my guess.

3 Likes

I feel like it would be an easier plot hole to accept than "Some floaty goth GFs and Nathanos can hold off Goddess Empowered Tyrande and the Strongest Mortal alive Aka Malfurion.

2 Likes

They were there to steal the Azerite Warmachine plans.
Not to stop the Blight.

You complain about Alliance super OP powers and I raise you stupidity and inconsistency to balance it.

For example Jaina being strong enough to float an entire ship with arcane missiles but not strong enough to extend a shield to block a stick on fire that is coming at her rather quickly.

And yet the dungeon journal says the Horde copied/pasted the Alliance Azurite War Machine plans. So was the Alliance making weapons fueled by the planet’s soul first? Or does it even really matter because AWMs are piles of crap that aren’t any better than an average steam tank?

14 Likes

I don’t think it does that all, particularly because that requires me to believe that Nathanos surviving…not winning mind you, SURVIVING, a fight with Malfurion and Tyrande is not more believable then the logical blackhole of a Val’kyr for the first time in…ever…sacrificing their power for someone other then Sylvanas without talking to her for reasons.

Just as a note, he’s started feeling those hints of compassion towards the Forsaken since he was forced to take his current body. He was fused (body and soul) with his younger cousin, who was the necessary sacrifice to turn him into a superior class of undead. The irony is, by the way things are being written, the very body that Sylvanas forced upon him is likely what will result in what allows him to break free from her total control (at least how I see it).

2 Likes

I think it’s because those super powers require the stupidity to tone them down to make things seem more believable in fights against the horde. Extending a larger shield should have been easily doable, but it would rob the scene of any suspense or danger, so she suddenly has to be toned down in order to make the scene look like it has any stakes to it.

I think the problem is that they made her that strong in the first place. Same for Tyrande and Malfurion too.

12 Likes

I swear to christ if they make baine warchief.

9 Likes

This sums up most of BfA in a nutshell. Even after being told their story sucks and is full of holes, they keep going with it regardless of the consequences.

Just have the rez happen on-screen for horde players only. This lets the alliance player get blindsided by it.

Yeah. In typical Blizzard fashion, they failed spectacularly to show how big of a “deal” this DBZ power-up is supposed to be for an already powerful character by building this encounter to be played through with little input. They honestly should have just gone with a cinematic that’s better at conveying drama.

5 Likes

Wasn’t a Val’kyr used up in the process of him being fused together with his cousin?

No, I reread it recently. The process was taxing for the Val’kyr, but the real reason it was difficult to do is because it presumably required a blood relative to the undead to be found and sacrificed to pull off. That Val’kyr survived the ritual, but was apparently fairly weakened for a while afterwards.

1 Like

And even had that been the case, it was something done on Windrunners orders. Nathanos wouldn’t of even known he had an option to upgrade his body had Sylvanas not done all the setup for the ritual.

1 Like