"Perhaps now the Horde will see that, too."

To the Alliance they were the objective villain. Maybe more so that Kelthusad ever was. Personally when I started WoW I was more interested in seeing the canonical end of the BG more than many of the raid bosses/dungeons.

Then I think those players were deluding themselves. Really many people rolled forsaken to be “evil” and be able to get away with tons of awful things.

1 Like

Sure. We’re not discussing the Alliance however. We’re discussing the greater context that is Warcraft. Again, you keep bringing up irrelevant information.

You think the players who rolled Forsaken in Vanilla were deluding themselves? Do you see how insulting you’re being right now? And you wonder why Forsaken players like myself have unsubbed from this game as of late. And what objective statistics do you have in Forsaken players back then rolling Forsaken to be “lawl evil” as you claim?

7 Likes

That what? You never thought Blizzard would go though with a full faction war and use the orcs/forsaken as the main villains? It happened. To someone like me who hated the Horde, I just expected it. The orcs/forsaken malicous activities were always gonna bite them sooner or later.

No objective stats. Simply one of those things that usually permeated the forums. The fact is many forsaken seem to enjoy the destruction of Tedrassil.

1 Like

Personally? No I didn’t. Because as we’ve discussed (in another thread), faction war wasn’t prominent in WoW and not the primary reason why I played WoW in the first place. I played for the World of Warcraft, not the faction war of Warcraft. After enjoying so much of WC3 and WC3:TFT I played WoW looking to enjoy the continuations of the main plotlines, the mysterious night elves, the Legion, the Scourge, Azeroth, Titans, etc.

Again, useless information. If you want to argue better I suggest eliminating this habit of your’s. You made a claim, I asked for proof, you’re unable to provide evidence. Stop this.

4 Likes

Why I don’t support Sylvanas becoming a raid boss: Because sacrificing a warchief up as a loot dispenser has already been done before and I would actually, honestly like to see, for once in their lives, Blizzard NOT carbon copy for a change.

Why I support Baine and Saurfang: Because they’re right. Sylvanas does need to fall but they can find some other method than “Raid Boss” to do it.

5 Likes

And I and many other for the WARCRAFT portion. To see the factions duke it.

It is a fact there are people who have posted they rolled forsaken to roll the “evil race” that is an objective truth. A quick google search of “are forsaken evil” will show you that. They may or may not be a majority, there is no way to tell but you cannot ignore the forsaken’s “evil” nature is not one of its appeal.

1 Like

Sure. Having a faction war doesn’t equate to establishing objective bad guys or good guys in the game though. Take to something like, I don’t know what’s another MMO out there with a faction war, oh, Elder Scrolls Online. Who are the objective good guys and bad guys in ESO? Hell you can bring SWTOR into this as well. Who are the objective good guys and bad guys in SWTOR?

Notice how BioWare and Zenimax establishes their faction conflicts to be nuanced and not so objectively good/evil? Kinda like… I don’t know, Vanilla WoW?

Again, useless information. I counter with “its an objective fact people rolled the Forsaken for its tragedy appeal irrelevant of engaging in ‘villainy’ they may or may not be the majority but they are there!”. Again, stop with the useless information.

8 Likes

I wrote this long ago but i think imprisonment of Baine shows they’re dead set on their path.

13 Likes

Except this is warcraft. The series even in warcraft 3 had definitive good guys and bad guys.

Then fact is they were wrong. Or to be precise, it was a failing to not notice the other glaring component of forsaken lore and not expect the Dark aspect to be fully explored.

1 Like

Except this Warcraft. The series has been retconned/changed to a morally relativistic setting. Why do you think they retconned WC2 from Orgrim cliff-jump-assassinating Lothar to a nuanced dual between faction leaders? Why do you think WC3 exists at all revolving the Thrall/orc story?

Blizzard could’ve easily made WC3 a continuation of “Orcs are invading the world! Fight them for the justice or whatever!” but they didn’t. They made a redemption story to sympathize with the orcs. They retconned a WC2 villain to a hero. Why do you think Blizzard did this?

You’ve yet to prove that. You know what other MMO had a faction war with objective good guys and bad guys? Warhammer Online. I daresay point me to a quest in Warhammer Online where you have dialogue/text sympathizing for the Destruction faction?

10 Likes

Stop feeding the obvious troll. Nobody sane can agree with any of his ‘points’.

1 Like

So because you dont like what I say I’m a troll. Btw, you can see when people like post nowadays right? There are people who agree or at the very probably like what I say.

Then WoW is some sort of outlier that is playing it is with its own narrative rules(never played Warhammer and only have the barest hint of its lore) The end result is still the same. Even Kosak once said Sylvanas will face a reckoning. I’d say people have ignore what is infront of them regarding the potential direction of WoW for too long. Ignored the possibility Sylvanas was gonna be turnes into a raid/be used as a catalyst for an expansion.

1 Like

Oooh! My first chance to use the thread I created just to link to when this claim comes up!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/on-blizzards-creation-of-the-forsaken/

8 Likes

I see it, and I want to do something about it, but can’t since I am tied to being a Sylvanas’ crony if I want to make any meaningful progress. Sylvanas is trash, and should be tossed out. I hope Saurfang and Baine come through with some kind of plan.

2 Likes

The more the Horde playerbase push back against the idea that Sylvannas is on her way out, the dumber the Alliance has to be written in order to spell it out for them.

2 Likes

My only real question on this is:

Will I be able to rescue this wonderful tauren from a dungeon soon?

2 Likes

so is Jaina back to wanting peace with the Horde again, now?

After they made an entire musical number about her being a “warbringer” and ending it with her saying she’s listening to her warmonger father?

Please quit jerking us around with this character, blizzard.

21 Likes

Actually, he wants the Horde to pay reparations.

1 Like

Ah, that explains the free 400 ilvl warmode item.

5 Likes

This idea that the Writers want us to want to have another Horde Rebellion Raid where the Horde Warchief is the final boss would be a neat idea if Alex himself didn’t confirm that Sylvanas isn’t going to die anytime soon because we haven’t finished exploring her story.