People seem to love to insult the lead narrative designer

Chases, I will attempt for a third and final time to get clear answers from you.

If you still refuse to address these very clearly presented questions, then really, what else is there to discuss?

You’re continuing to spin and deflect, post after post. Spin, spin, spin… Deflect, deflect, deflect…

If you aren’t working for Blizzard, you should be. I think you’re exactly the kind of person they’d like on the team.

/done

5 Likes

I have answered the questions and you don’t wanna accept it. And what I just said is facts.

That’s why I have a hard time taking any of it seriously or holding one person accountable. If management and the developers decide the next expansion after this one is going to take place in Whimsydale from Diablo 3, the writers are the ones stuck having to explain how and why.

You can make the argument that some might be better suited for the task than others and I wouldn’t argue other than to say there is always going to be an inherent base level of stupidity to the story because it has to work around the game and it’s foundations that are rooted in some stuff that’s all over the place.

To be fair, they kind of did answer you. It just runs counter to their “it’s not his fault, leave the poor guy alone” thing. IF they are to be believed, huge “if”, then he did indeed have a hand in the narrative to change the course of the story, meaning that he is at least partially to blame. And considering how squirrely Chases has been, it’s possible that his influence was far greater. All speculation, of course.

1 Like

I do hold one person accountable, and that person is Steve Danuser. He has been the head of narrative throughout the duration of SL from conception to the present day. He’s the top guy of story within Blizzard.

Regardless of who may have set the story of WoW on a dark path of irreparable destruction, Steve Danuser is the guy who seen it through to its completion.

No one can tell me that Danuser could not have at some point and time wielded the power of his position to mitigate the damage to WoW’s core lore and taken steps to correct things, if he had wanted to. The power was his to wield.

Danuser was not just a robot working from programming designed to have him complete his predecessor’s destructive visions. Danuser held God-like power over the narrative of WoW, and he could have used that power for the good of the game.

He could have listened to the outcry and outrage. He could have cared. He could have done something to correct and redeem story’s path of destruction before it was too late. He chose not to. He chose to continue forth until nothing was left.

I’ll forever hold one individual responsible for SL, and it will always be Danuser.

Regardless of who started SL, Danuser finished it. Remember that.

6 Likes

You don’t have to be a good writer to know if you like something, man.

4 Likes

You don’t need to be a connoisseur of gaseous derriere expulsions to recognize a fart when one accosts your senses. Thus also applies to stories and other pieces of entertainment media.

6 Likes

By what possible logic or reasoning do you think so? I asked very clearly expressed, pointed questions.

I asked very specifically what Danuser’s job is as head of narrative, what power exactly as lead of narrative has he had all these years, and is there any point at all in SL that Danuser could have wielded any authority over the story’s direction.

Where did he “kind of” answer these questions? He didn’t answer at all.

1 Like

Oh, they completely and totally dodged that bit. I was just pointing out that there were some tidbits of information (real or imaginary) in his post that could be read into. Not defending them here, just pointing that out.

1 Like

That ‘bit’ was the questions I asked, sir. He did not answer the questions, at all.

1 Like

I know. I was working with what was available! It just wasn’t much.

I didn’t dodge any of it Alex Afrasiabi was the Creative Director the Alpha during the time and Steve Danuser was the narrative lead and he takes orders from Alex Afrasiabi (Steve and his team). So yeah I wasn’t dodging anything.

You totally were though.

1 Like

Oh so you think that not specifying their title is all of a sudden dodging ,just wow.

You’ve been avoiding answers to a lot of things. Either you know nothing, or you know too much. Which is it?

2 Likes

Or I’ve done my fair share of research and video watching and going through what is available online and concluding it how I see it. I have spent 2 whole weeks trying to find answers as to why shadowlands is in such a state narratively and so that’s how I came to conclusion that there was to many things going on behind the scenes and drama and lawsuit and the virus and stuff.

That is even more suspect. Your conclusions are not facts, or an accurate picture of what is. WE have largely been speculating. YOU have been talking out your rear.

2 Likes

Believe it or don’t what I just said is facts but sure if you think I am some kind of a hack than please try your hardest on finding the facts.

If you want to claim what you are saying is fact, you must provide the evidence. If you can’t, then you are speculating like the rest of us.

1 Like

If I could post outside links I would but I can’t. And plus if you spent enough time on the internet you can find it.