People seem to love to insult the lead narrative designer

Oh so you think it’s just that character obviously you don’t know what is truly going on in Dragonflight at this point you’re just saying random stuff to get me to respond.

If Blizzard hires me I could.

I write my own worlds for D&D campaigns, I think I can handle a multi-million dollar franchise.

The drust wasn’t interesting nor is it that any important and also those stuff were all side stories that Steve and his team didn’t seem to care about and hell I doubt his team ever cared about the shadowlands.

They want so much for everyone to accept the notion that Afrasiabi is the sinister evil mastermind behind all of SL’s failings, since he initially had some bad ideas.

They want everyone to conveniently forget the fact that Danuser has been at the helm of things throughout the development of SL and throughout its entirety.

They want everyone to believe in some form or fashion that Danuser’s job as head of narrative for all this time has been to implement the designs and whims and fancies of his predecessor year after year after year.

They want everyone to believe that Danuser, the head honcho of story and lore, has only been a helpless pawn in all this. Alas, just an innocent tool used to enforce the will of his predecessor, the evil Afrasiabi.

They want this because they’re hoping – desperately hoping – that 1) - DF will be well received and successful, and as such that 2) - Danuser will be heralded as the story’s redeemer, rather than as the pyromancer who torched it to the ground.

9 Likes

7/8 of the story of DF revolves around Razageth and the Primalists so yes. The other 1/8 is a tease for patch 10.1 or maybe 10.2 depending on how long it takes for the Murozond story thread to spin up.

Honestly, I could give a 5 year old a pen and paper and tell them to write about anything WoW related and I’d probably still receive a more coherent narrative at this point.

6 Likes

EXACTLY. But they want us to believe Danuser was helpless to do anything to mitigate all the damage, despite the fact that Danuser wielded full authority as lead of narrative.

2 Likes

Until the cutscenes and cinematics are in then we will know everything and obviously we’re missing stuff that’s why everything doesn’t make sense yet. And it sounds to me you skipped nearly all the quest text and didn’t read the summary in your quest log (where there is a small lore book that summarizes your actions)

Yep i was thinking that.

Even a kid could write a narrative that at least makes sense.

5 Likes

Shadowlands was in full production by this point like omg Steve Danuser and his team didn’t had time. And yet you think writing a story is super fast and easy when it’s not.

The story of DF can largely be described as “Turn on the five glowing rocks and fight off the spooky purple dragon”. This is simply the truth.

And while one might argue that is an oversimplification… unlike our trials of recovering the Pillars of Creation in Legion, four of the five Oathstones seem to have tied back to the Primalists in some form, the last being the Bronze Stone actually being its own thing (the 1/8 of the story that has nothing to do with Razageth). Legion has multiple plot threads, factions, different pieces of fiction going on. Dragonflight has a purple Dragon and some lame cultists… and that’s pretty much it.

2 Likes

You are a pristine, flawless, literally perfect mouthpiece for Blizzard. Every idea and point of view you express is exactly what they want so very much for everyone to believe.

8 Likes

I’m more or less curious about how they know all of these things about the man and his team, because it’s the first I’m hearing about them.

1 Like

Oh really when there is a set schedule and a hard release date please tell me how realistic is it to map out a decent story within a set time frame?

Let’s say they had 6 months or hell 10 months (to be generous) before release tell me is that enough time to write up a decent story? Tell me? Versus that of starting from day 1 (pre production) in a new expansion with a clean slate.

Do tell me, Chases, what has Danuser’s job been as head of narrative all these years? What authority, if any, has he had? Hmm…? Explain it to me. Tell me what power exactly as lead of narrative has Danuser had all these years? Is there anything at all, at any point in the timeline from SL’s conception to the present day where Danuser could possibly have wielded any authority over the direction of the game’s story?

Explain it to us.

2 Likes

The real timeline I wish I had one but tell by how the writing changed from 9.0.0 to then 9.1.0 and in 9.2.0 these were obviously done by Steve Danuser.

That’s a non-answer.

2 Likes

Be stubborn fine that’s who you people are. No point continuing talking to people like you.

Before you stop talking with ‘people like me,’ please address the questions I asked you – the ones you neatly ignored and evaded.

Here, I’ll quote myself for your convenience.

Now then. Enlighten us.

2 Likes

Steve Danuser inherited Shadowlands when Alex Afrasiabi was fired around June 2020 and which by that point Shadowlands was already in full production. And Battle for Azeroth was already shipped and finished and so Shadowlands had unintended delays during its patch cycles due to number of things like COVID and the termination of Alex Afrasiabi. And so Steve Danuser had to pick up the pieces from where he (Alex Afrasiabi) left of during the production and trying to figure out where to take the story and so he rewrote some of the story during the tight release schedule and saved Sylvanas Windrunner by turning her back to the former Ranger general and changed the outcome of her not being killed off.

And during 9.2.5 he (Steve Danuser) reverse several things like the Undercity that was still plagued and has been undone by us the players and also giving some hint to a new world tree and Calia Menethil assuming the role of the new leader for the Forsaken and giving back Gilneas to Genn Greymane.