People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

IMO this shouldn’t ever be true of any spec. The design where each spec is pigeonholed into mostly or entirely a single school is beyond stupid. Short of a full on silence, casters should always have something to cast as long as they have the resources (mana, etc) available to do so, even if the spells in question aren’t optimal.

You could argue it’s even easier to do in BG’s. Para plays most specs/classes in BGs (without atrocious editing) and has a rather dry humor, but still gets the point across. Several times he’s able to sit back and spam Gpy without any interference.

edit: ermagherd big blue is allowing me to post links, you’re all in BIG BIG TROUBLE.

1 Like

Both are way, way, way overpowered. My 22 azerite neck fire mage was nearly getting killed in Darkshore by doing more damage than the other 19.

Eh there are ways to bait kicks. For the style of spell I actually think it works.

Cast a fear/immolate/incenerate to bait the kick or coil/root them in place. There is play and counterplay. I think it’s okay design.

Destro’s design is awful and I despise it. All of our damage is cooked into a single ability.

5 Likes

Far shorter than interrupt cd’s

And just the same you could find good Destro videos. Also saw him gpyro a healer 4 times and it didn’t die :joy: also you could always post videos.

Well let’s agree that a 1v1 video against a healer video doesn’t prove much as it is not intended.

Well I can fear them. Probably why not that many gpyros go off

None of that video was 1v1

Well sure, but those Destruction videos won’t have huge numbers without Infernal. The whole spec is built around a 3 minute cooldown, Gpy isn’t.

Nobody is saying Cbolt isn’t dumb, it is. But it has counters to it, Gpy has less options for those to go against it.

If a CD was put on Gpy or if Shimmer was not allowed to be used with Gpy I think would be a big step into the right direction.

1 Like

Overall it was kinda eh lol… No spell steal on the enemy fire mages combust at the start. No sheep’s to bait kicks. Pretty sure it was more of a troll gp vid lol

CB can hit very hard without infernal. I was joking about the 200k one but it’s certainly not weak.

1 Like

It’s really not a good design. I don’t like gpyro serving that role with fire either (yes our instants are decent, but once those are on CD your output plummets). Wish I could trade it for some combination of more damage on other med-long casts and interrupt protection.

It’s like 25k without CDs.

Don’t you dare say you hit for 100k without CDs, I won’t have it this time!

2 Likes

I think we are trying to argue which stinks worse, elephant turds or rhino turds.

2 Likes

I’ll keep track. Sometimes there’s lucky RNG numbers. Though I’m trying out Aff atm.

I’d go for more of this across the board… Not sure why they’ve gone so burst heavy this expansion. Like when was affy lock ever, EVER, played as a burst spec? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I thought I heard a cyborg nearby…

I’ve not played it much, but it’s something along the lines of Dot dot dot dot dot and then death bolt.

1 Like

Yea it’s about the same as always.