People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

It’s nuts, isn’t it? Especially when you go digging through old videos and see med-long cast spells actually taking appreciable chunks of enemy HP.

1 Like

RIP Soul Fire days

2 Likes

It’s been kinda fun just not when people latch onto you. That’s when I miss conflag root or summon infernal to get them off you. Or havoc/coil.

Demonology has the best toolkit of the 3. I tend to enjoy that quite a bit.

All true but you can actually dent mages when you land blows on them with shield down or dispelled… Destro is like a tank

What if the fire mage stacks haste and only casts gpyro all game

Yes destro is grossly tanky… Still it’s not like fire mage is a complete glass cannon. Pretty decent kiting with temp shield heal to full, block and cauterize. They’re definitely not that squishy either. More than destro but man not by much.

Fear/Stun/Seduction? Lmao, what are you talking about. Sounds like you’re playing against bad locks.
:joy:

Also everyone is using such subjective points for the arguments, like everything is situational, like i can clearly whip in immune to kick cds and reflects in too.

1 Like

I can :wink: - love dem zombies

A good destro warlock is harder to fight than a fire mage due to the control that the destro warlock has and how tanky they are even with a full connect. Sure you can run away from them, but I personally don’t count running away as a win.

I’m talking about all of the classes I play here, not just DK. DK is probably the strongest class I have for fighting a destruction warlock.

Well, welcome to the minority opinion club

1 Like

The minority opinion club is a good place to be since that probably means you are right (people generally don’t know what they are talking about).

BTW, I’m pretty sure that I’ve fought more fire mages and destruction warlocks 1v1 this expansion alone than you have fought 1v1s against any class in the past three expansions. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably have. But I mean, we’re in the same club here.

Yes the destro > fire club is right.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I thought you were on the other side of the argument.

I’m just generally more concerned when fighting a destruction warlock than a fire mage, but honestly a large part of that is that there are many more fire mages and most of them aren’t very good.

The class mechanics of the fire mage is just going to draw worse players (free casting gpyros on someone preoccupied with another fight is very tempting for bad players). MM hunters also suffer from this. Tons of really bad fire mages and MM hunters out there.

Being effective as a destruction warlock requires you to actually know your class and press more than one ability, so there is a better chance it’s a good player.

That’s my point. And why I say it’s actually not an advantage to have 3 fire on your team. All they do is sit and try to cast gpyro thinking they will auto-win

All I have to do is trinket every time the locks 3 minute CDs are up and los… Seriously easy to counter.

Gp is spammable, if I trinket the sheep to stop a gpie he still hasn’t gone anywhere near combust.

I don’t think you’ve faced a half decent fire mage.

Ghostwolf, you don’t die.

Lol trust me you do… Plus RNG traits means I don’t have tripple pack spirit.

Do more pvp then.

Yep. I really have to question the claims of anyone who defends gpyro as fine. It’s flat out stupid, bad design.

2 Likes