People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

…but has anybody seen destro locks lately? With Chaos Bolt they’re like fire mages except with a bag full of stuns and a CCs that don’t heal. I feel almost hopeless when getting targeted by these guys. What classes are they weak against? Rogues maybe?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Except destro locks 3 shotting you requires CDs, and can only be done once every 3 minutes.

It can’t be mindlessly spammed until you just run out of stops and have to eat it

9 Likes

Yes we can delete people every 3 minutes.

Fire Mages can delete people every 3 globals.

11 Likes

Usually I find running away with arms flailing helps. Sometimes I out range them, sometimes I die hilariously

4 Likes

Fire Mages is a matchup I enjoy … they are hard but very beatable for a Ele Shaman.

Destro is almost unbeatable

1 Like

Making loud sounds and running in the opposite direction is a valid tactic.

Everything is beatable, but right now it’s so cookie cutter.

2 Likes

1-1 Destro is pretty unbeatable unless the skill or gear difference is a lot .

For Ele? I feel like anyone who can reset or LoS/range has a solid shot at it.

Ele is pretty godly 1v1s too. FK lasso.

Just ghostwolf away. We won’t catch you

3 Likes

Yes but I can’t beat you can I … running away is a valid strategy . :joy:

Idk can you :grimacing:

Nope…!!!

Beat us up, GW during Infernal. Go back to beating us up.

Anyone that tries to stand toe to toe with us likely loses, just gotta play the long game. We have no real means of self healing, we’re just really tanky but it doesn’t last forever.

I highly doubt that. I’m no 1v1 queen or anything

You spam fear between infernals… tremor totem has a CD. Well I guess I should be happy we Atleast have that :grimacing: lots of other classes have nothing

windshear? lightning lasso? grounding totem?

1 Like

I don’t know … eventually everything seems to be on CD and I find myself getting feared . But running away is always an option to not die .

Forgot one… THUNDERSTORM? :joy: lots of interrupts.

Lots of options to help deal with fear, tremor/los/grounding/lasso/ranging, really just depends on the situation.

Kicking Cbolt is always a must since it locks out both schools. While infernal is out just range/LoS and keep yourself toped off, kite the infernal if you can since he can do decent damage, once infernal is up go smash some rocks into their face. Bolts without Infernal hit for 25-30kish, nothing to be too worried about.

It’s just a long boss fight :wink:

1 Like