People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

If sheep had a cool down where it can’t be constantly spam to set up Gpryo it wouldn’t be as bad either.

1 Like

I’d rather the non spammable gpie lol… Or shimmer gone… Both are dumb lol

Or just some kind of punishment for kicking gpie instead of being rewarded free sheep’s.

Ok let’s flip this around.

Those that think GBP is ok with no cool down or build up, what would be hurt if they added one.

Discuss.

If it helps, imagine me casting Full Moon over and over and tell me why I shouldn’t have that.

You don’t die to a single gpyro either (or two for that matter) In fact it’s never going to crit like CB could.

In a BG with thee fire mages…?

(And nobody would buy ‘that’s imposdible’ Btw)

The game is “balanced” around3’s, where you would not see that. It is why it is imbalanced in situations where it is possible, and there is an easy fix with no unfair downside.

That’s actually a disadvantage.

Legion FM then.* Work with me here.

*It was nerfed, imagine that

Two + instants quite often means death. Especially with combustion.

Two CBS does mean death as well. Never said it didn’t.

My point is that one cb goes off if you kick the second the lock sits and twiddles his thumb. Los the second one?

After one gp he mage can still kick, sheep, spell steal if you kick the second. The mage still has instants for follow up that can’t be kicked. Can’t Los the second pie thanks to shimmer.

Cb has counterplay. Poly/shimmer/spammable gpie don’t :roll_eyes:

If sheep had a cooldown it’d need to have its heal component removed or severely dulled to compensate. If anything gets a cooldown added I’d prefer for it to be gpyro.

That’d be pretty rough to swallow given the number of high mobility classes/specs that exist these days.

1 Like

I mean sheep heals you so it’s a bit counterproductive…

Sheep someone else? The destro lock literally can’t do anything if he gets kicked on cb. You know. Actual counterplay :joy:

100% would need some compensation. I’d actually be a fan of deepfreeze back… Drs with rogue kidney so they wouldn’t synergize so disgustingly right now.

But you said you can’t stop the 2nd because sheeped.

Gpie has a huge travel time. Not hard to get two off in a single sheep.

Or sheep gpie/ring/gpie. Also quite easy.

I can deal with either.

Well yeah we’re discussing counterplay and rogue has the deepest counterplay toolkit.

Rogues have cds but against a class that can hit as hard as Gypro without being limited to a cd makes my toolkit a joke most of the time.

I have no problem taking down a mage when I get top on them. However other classes on the other hand.

Also a large cast time.

the people who actually defend greater pyro truly amaze me. every day I see more and more fire mages because people know how dumb it is. Can you interrupt it? Sure. but you cant interrupt 3 fire mages and keep up with interrupting healers.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter with Gpy though because the setups allow for multiple Py’s.

Mages and Locks both share a similar path for the setup with a pretty major difference:
Kick CB-> Nothing
Kick Fear -> CB
Kick Poly -> DPS or reset -> poly -gpy
Kick Gpy -> Poly -> Gpy anyways

Often you’ll see good mages Poly -> Gpy -> RoF after the first Gpy hits -> Gpy -> Meteor -> blahblahblah dead

Mages have more options for setups simply because kicking Gpy doesn’t lock all schools, just fire.

For Locks if you kick CB you’re basically AFK for the duration.

Gpy is a bigger issue than Cbolt at the moment. Not saying people don’t fear Cbolt, but Fire Mages kit w/ Gpy is pretty ridiculously good.

Imagine a Lock being able to use Gateway on a 25 second CD while a bolt is brewing and bolts not needing a 3 minute cool down to be effective.

RMX comps only exacerbate this even more with the amount of control and setup they can provide.

2 Likes

I can see this spell as an issue in 3s. Not so much Bgs.