People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

:joy::joy: yes I do. And yea, don’t remember the priest name. Was also Urduja

Here’s a short list of things that mages can do after being kicked on a greater pyro:

• Blink/shimmer
  • Spell steal
  • Polymorph
  • Ring of frost
  • Frost nova
  • I’ve block

What can a warlock do following a CB kick?

Not to mention how much harder it is to LoS pyro thanks to shimmer.

1 Like

Oh yea!! That was the monk I think.

I remember after the war games in wod the chaos that ensued…

I tried to ply referee in that one too (it did seem like he was getting bullied too) :rofl:

In BG settings, it’s crucial to kick heals or nothing dies. Non-heal ‘must kick’ DPS spells should either have a cooldown or a resource cost to prevent infinite chaining.

CB has a resource cost, pyro has neither.

And despite all that, a good Destro (not saying me at all) can still wreak more havoc.

Yea, he handled it like a champ tbh.

Against bad opponents, maybe. There’s less counterplay opportunity for pyro because it’s spammable but needs to be kicked every time, it’s harder to LoS because of shimmer, and there’s more for a mage to do while fire locked.

Tosko nicknamed him Angry K.

Those forums were fun back then (not that they aren’t now).

No stupid trust level grinding…

Idk what to tell you. Fire mage opponents are no issue in the BGs I’ve been in. I’ve been keeping track of damage lately. Most mages are lucky to get off 10 GPBs while I fire off 70-80 cbs

Many disagree with you, as seen here and in various other threads.

Many also agree with me. So what?

So a role call isn’t a reliable measure in either case.

I feel like a pretty well articulated exactly why it’s problematic and your response was that mages aren’t an issue in your experience.

Then we’ll simply have to agree to disagree.

This is the long and short of it. The spell shouldn’t be spammable.

Comparisons to chaos bolt aren’t apt because CB has a steep resource cost, is only threatening during cooldowns, is more harshly punished by good kicks, and is harder to land around LoS due to the warlock toolkit.

This is why separating BG and arena talk is important.

I scarcely ever participate in rated arena and I’m still able to acknowledge the problem.

And LoS was one component of my response.

Most BGs don’t have los is my point. Some have specific areas, sure.

Wat :neutral_face:

And again, LoS is one part of why it’s problematic. Others are listed above.

How is this thread still active?

1 Like

I did say this as well.