People make a fuss about gpyro fire mages…

‘Some’ is wrong because they all have it. Each and every one.

‘Specific areas’ is weird because even maps with largely open concepts like WSG have tons of LoS in and around the bases, huts, ramps, and tunnels.

Utilizing LoS is extremely important in BG’s. It’s not an arena-exclusive concept.

2 Likes

That would be the specific area. For an FC in wsg/tp, there’s a large part of the map with no los, like the entire mid field basically.

Alright, well point being that LoS isn’t rare by any stretch and in the majority of BG’s, it’s centrally located and at the heart of most objectives.

The fact that mages can circumvent LoS that no other caster can with an extremely low cooldown spell makes pyro problematic. But let’s not get to bogged down on LoS because there are plenty of other things that make it problematic.

Give it a short cooldown so it’s used as a set up for burst rather than a feel-good spam jam and so that it’s properly punished when countered.

If they put a cd, they’d need to compensate elsewhere, or lower the cast time or something. Way too easy to stop a GPB as it is

Honestly, like a six second cooldown would be phenomenal.

I disagree. That’s what a nerf is- you don’t have to buff it in another ways. Overtuned spells get nerfed, that’s the way of the world

Of Warcraft.

Then it should have a lower cast.

No, it shouldn’t.

A four second cast before haste that chunks for 35% of someone’s health is fine enough with a small CD to prevent spamming.

How many chaos bolts can you cast in a row?

2 with a third one a second later…

Correct.

How many pyros can a mage chain together currently? Does a limit exist?

Well are we comparing it to my CBs? Because I can cast 2 CBs to their 1 GPB

The point is that a limit should exist. It’s ridiculous that it doesn’t given how high impact it is.

Again, 2 CBs compare to one GPB. And it doesn’t take long at all to get shards.

1 GPyro does more damage than 2 normal CB’s…

CB can hit pretty hard you know. It’s not static damage.

Yea but their kit is designed around it… So they would need compensation elsewhere. I think fire in general right now is just toxic design. Dragons breath that doesn’t dr so they can set up their own cc? Three different cc schools of magic. Spammable gpie with shimmer?

I’d honestly be okay if they guttted the spec and made them play frost until they rework it :joy: didn’t they do that to demo at some point?

Can we continue a better discussion here: How many stamina buffs can we stack in BGs?

kkty

I rather like this discussion :joy:

You also like watching Friends.

come @ me

1 Like

Okay, so give it two charges and a ten second cooldown then. It’s not that hard to bring it in line.

It’s been designed around it as of legion. If an ability or spec is overperforming then it gets adjusted.

If every nerf demanded and equal form of compensation… then where’s my reparations for burst of speed being nerfed, then removed in MoP?

It’s really alright to just nerf something that’s too strong, guys.

“Mages, locks…
You’re both just terrible.”
Waiter

1 Like