People don't bother learning how to play anymore

Saying Warfront and Island were implemented for people is kinda insulting for non-garbage-player people, dont you think?

1 Like

That doesnt make sense, baddies are allowed to call people elitist and im supposed to call them person?

or not use either term at all?

I dont.

Any chance this PC everyone gets a trophy attitude dies out soon? It’s ok to be bad at stuff. I, for example, am terrible at drawing. I am a drawing baddie. I don’t want a trophy because I could draw a wobbly stick figure on a napkin. People are bad at this game.

1 Like

What kind of safespace bubble world did you live in that you’re not allowed to divide good and bad player?

warcraftlogs -> your character -> heroic -> g’huun 4% -> 3115 DPS

1 Like

Probably should. If someone’s an elitist, cool they’re an elitist. If someone’s a bad, then they’re bad. Thing is there’s nothing wrong with being bad. We’ve all been or still are bad at some point while playing. Thing is people need to stop trying to live in safe spaces and grow some thick skin. It’s not that big of a deal.

What kind of safespace bubble world did you live in that you’re not allowed to divide good and bad player?

None at all.

I take people as I find them, rather than throwing them all into one basket. Unlike many , I dont write people off sight unseen.

Maybe theres a lesson in there for you.

Or not.

2 Likes

and yet, as a team, we downed H Ghuun.

Kinda says it all.

Oh btw
a suggestion
try actually discussing the issues rather than attacking the person. It does help.

I was in a run with an M level guild a few days ago, three of their team, who had H Ghuun on farm, went down in phase 1. It happens.

Ghuun is a horrible fight
so really, this is being honest here, you arent proving anything.

1 Like

Thing is people need to stop trying to live in safe spaces and grow some thick skin. It’s not that big of a deal.

I tend to find that preconceptions have a way of biting you when you least expect it.

Others may not see it that way of course,. but over the years youd be surprised how many times my approach has yielded more pleasant surprises than it has disappointments.

Must be nice being the grey parser and say “we done it as a team”.

4 Likes

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Being blunt has led to people asking me questions because I’m not going to sugar coat the truth about things. For reasons like that I have gained a lot of respect from the people I’ve surrounded myself with both in game and IRL.

So it’s like I said. If someone’s bad, then they’re bad. I won’t call them bad unless they ask me or provoked to do so. Which if they ask me, I give them encouragement afterwards and tell them that if they put in effort and make solid connections online, that they’ll be able to meet and surpass their own personal goals.

I think the real issue is that game generally does not teach you how to actually play the game.

The Timeless Isle is, however, an exception to this.

The enemies there almost all have avoidable damage mechanics, and each enemy comes in varying levels of power. Best of all, the most accessible enemies are the easiest ones to learn (and usually weakest), so even a clueless player will find themselves learning to run away when the baby oxen begin to channel that one knockback AoE ability.

You can learn A LOT about WoW just from playing at-level on the Timeless Isle.

Interrupting something is not a hoop though, it’s a basic function of the game that people can’t seem to bother with.

Mmos have always had hoops to go through, and usually it’s been gear, when it’s not gear developers get more creative. Have you noticed that time gating mechanics and gear handouts have both been on the rise? Strange. Before blizzard could estimate how much time it would take to do content based on how quickly you could get gear, this was still time gating but it felt organic. Now because gear has been reduced to a near meaning less flood fest blizzard has to artificially and more noticeably add in different time gating mechanics.

Mmos need to have hoops, and personally i enjoyed wow more when gear was the hoop.

1 Like

“I have nothing else to do in this game other than caring about what others are doing/getting and I demand they play the same way I do, otherwise this game sucks”

“Improve yourself, yet I don’t want to play with you, and I don’t even invite you to my groups.”

“I can’t sell carries to casual scrubs anymore, because they don’t care about my sells due to gear being a joke, So how am I supposed to get gold/$$ IRL playing WoW in 2019?”

“A random kid shouldn’t get 380+ because they don’t need that, I only need that because I deserved that item I worked hard for it, that’s why I think removing LFR/Normal is a great Idea.”

“I cannot be the special snowflake in this game anymore, nobody cares about me
 I’m trying too hard to flex infront of ORG but I can’t, I want the 2004 days back. Classic hopefully? ya.”

2 Likes

This is my problem with BfA other than the gratuitous amounts of RNG. Why watch a guide when the best thing to do for my character is sim it? When as a dev you tout a game as casual accessible then throw in things like an azerite system and simming is the only way to really know to maximize your class damage/healing/tanking, that’s really off putting.

How is that casual friendly? The worst thing is, yes, the traits SOUND neat, but if you don’t sim it you seriously gimp yourself compared to others. The azerite system is not even friendly to someone like me who gets bored and wants to try new things. It’s taking me SO long to re-gear with traits that actually might benefit my class, meanwhile I am suffering for it through trying to enjoy half of the game (pvp)

LFR is the main culprit here. It’s so dumbed down that no one bothers to learn any of the fights, because they don’t have to. You can cheese everything up to G’huun, the one fight that requires you to play the mechanics, and people still pull before runners are set up. If you do manage to organise runners before the pull, every DPS focuses Dark Young.

We live in a age where people who play RPGs now not only expect level one rabbits to drop final boss levels of gear but actively promote in game shops.

Where is the horse and the rider?
Where is the horn that was blowing?
They have passed like rain on the mountains,
like wind in the meadow.
The days have gone down in the West,
behind the hills
 into Shadow.

No, it isn’t a game anymore. It’s a derp, faceroll borefest. Everything short of higher level M+ 5 mans and at least heroic raids have been so idiot proofed that it’s less a game and more a process.

The way loot is handed out IS a problem with the WoW, but not the one being discussed.

And if “dur
(drooling noises)
” is the best that people can do they need to either look elsewhere for fun or learn to accept their limitations. Designing a game around the lowest common denominator isn’t smart.

If you want to learn to raid, you need to join a guild. Pugs don’t want to invest in someone who they will never see again. So you will never get any constructive criticism. There are plenty of guild recruiting right now for the new raid that is coming out. You just need to find a social raiding guild that is willing to teach new raiders. There are a lot of them out there at the moment. Just go to wow progress or r/wowguilds to find someone on your server.

2 Likes