People don't bother learning how to play anymore

I think the biggest downfall right now is that the game caters itself to everyone and hands out everything with no sense of reward. We see more and more people not even bothering to learn how to play the game or improve themselves so it gets extremely dumb down…

Here’s a simple example of how dumb things have gotten:
the story quest on the horde when you go deep sea diving with a head lamp to find a dead body…the screen is dark when the lamp is off…bright when on… leave it on too long and a big shark kills you…

The problem here? Well you can leave the light off the entire time because all the bodies are marked on the mini map.

THIS is just a small example but exponentially gets worse through each level of gameplay content
Quest>assaults>warfronts>pvp>dungeons>heroics>m+>raids.

If you would like to see for yourself what I am talking about Q up for an LfR … literally 90% of the mechanics are non existent yet those groups still fail over 75% of the time because they have been used to things being extremely easy up to that point where there was NO NEED for self improvement to progress.

WoW needs to bring back the need for self improvement/progression that it used to have…

“A good game does not adapt to its players. A good player adapts to the game.”

Just as in life, typically hard work and dedication are rewarded which then makes us feel a sense of accomplishment and pride. That psychological effect is just a part of who we are and what we strive to have.

If WoW is to ever fix itself then it must stop adapting to us and once again allow us to adapt to them.

71 Likes

“Improve themselves?” Seriously? It’s just a game. If you don’t like it, maybe you need to find something that fits your more leet style.

The real problem isn’t that Blizz just hands things out. It’s that the handouts are completely random. There’s no sense of this plus this equals this. It’s just, kill stuff and stuff drops. Maybe it’s better than you had, maybe not.

You can be doing really hard content, and not get diddly. Then go do something stupid easy, and you get an upgrade. That’s what the real problem is. People who do harder content should get the better rewards. Period.

But don’t remove easy content just because you don’t like it. For some folks, that’s literally the best they can do. I don’t need mythic level epics to do that kind of content and I shouldn’t get them.

84 Likes

Bellular recently posted a tweet about how low views were on his 8.1 guide. The audience that is still playing wow mostly do not look at guides.

Asmongold also experienced this problem and it’s why he stopped making guides. People do not look for resources on how to play the game. If you’ve ever played around in the normal dungeon finder at max level for long enough you’ll encounter these people.

16 Likes

Game is already being dumbed down for accesibility, there’s pretty much nothing to learn.

5 Likes

World of Warcraft: where people want you on their team even when you don’t want to be there… >.<

I love sharing my love for raiding and the journey to improve… but if that’s not your bag, I’m okay with that.

Try that.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is … you dont want gear handed out… so then that means you would then need to improve yourself that way you can do harder content and actually get gear?

Thanks for proving my point.
There’s a lot of people running around in 380 gear yet haven’t even cleared normal ghuun.

8 Likes

Nah, we do LFR because we don’t like that junk.

13 Likes

Sadly games are just dumbing down to get more people to play so they can sell them stuff like fox mounts.

20 Likes

Dear god you people NEVER did LFM prior to LFR with insane comments like pugs failing to simple mechanics.

What game are you people playing where pugs were doing all the mechanics correctly?

10 Likes

Pugs on my server cleared all raids for most expansions until they added group finder.

4 Likes

Complete and utter bull. Want to know why they cleared it? Blizzard nerfed the raid into the ground angering every single guild who was still doing progression on that raid tier.

Blizzard is doing a 5% nerf on G’huun health. Back prior to LFR that would have been a 40% nerf due to insane amount of forum post and volume of feedback they got from people unsubbing.

2 Likes

Or no one wants to listen to those clowns. Its wow not rocket science if you need guides how to play a game decently you are doing it wrong.

11 Likes

Maybe this wrong game. Of all the games I play this is third easiest one to play. the hardest one I have to say was a MUD i played a long time ago. When you died. that it starts over from the bottom. No raise dead or anything. You lost everything. I played that until it finally died two years ago. Love it and still do. if any played infinite dungeons they know what I am talking about. One city, no raids or anything. Just one dungeon. Lowest I got was 125. Some have made further. Still loads of fun. cause max group could have was three. There no such thing as a tank or healer. just hybrids and they sucked.

Over 380 never defeated normal ghuune

4 Likes

Agreed! I can say since BFA launched that half of my M+ group experiences (out of hundreds) have consisted of people who don’t know their class, don’t know the dungeon mechanics or don’t know how to socialize.

People don’t bother with improving themselves and it hurts everything.

2 Likes

Side note.
I really enjoyed that quest, it was something completely different for a change. Maybe completely is a bit strong a word but it was different enough to make a difference for me. I tried to use the mini map as little as possible.

Carry on.

2 Likes

Main did heroic ghuun not 380. Forum main didn’t only 2 ilvls behind.

2 Likes

You’re exactly right. That’s one of my biggest issues with wow right now. There’s no wall to climb. No hurdle to overcome.

The game just hands out gear like a mobile game. This isn’t the only problem but it’s a big one.

Sadly most of the responses you’ll get here will be “herp no you elitist!! MY gear doesn’t affect you at all”.

17 Likes

An Asmongold guide would read nothing but

-Step 1: Facetank
-Step 2: Pull styrofoam cup off of floor and drink soda while screaming when the healer decides to do something other than babysit you

People read plenty of guides. They don’t need advice from horrible youtubers with bad attitudes. If you ask me, ignoring advice from people like him means the community is getting smarter. Watch his Dark Souls fatroll adventure to see why people like him have no business doling out advice.

22 Likes

You cannot find anything challenging in the game?