People don't bother learning how to play anymore

In the old days, very few people ever set foot in raids. Later, as they added accessibility, more people began to do it until they hit a point where people began to get burnt out of the old raid system.

As a result, Blizz has been offering alternative ways to gear and alternative ways to progress, allowing those who raid to continue as they do and those who do not alternative means of advancement.

I, personally, believe this is a fantastic start. Sure, there are issues with it and raid gear drops need some adjusting but I think the options for constant advancement are a good thing. The game is old and people have different ideas of what is fun, even the same people over time change their views.

I don’t believe the issue is bad players nor players not caring. If anything, players might not care as much because their classes have changed so much in the last few xpacks.

That is mostly speculation and opinion on my part.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. Catch up gear helps people get caught up so they can play the end game even if they got to the game later.

Gear that is required to play minimal content, like world quests, which will have to be replaced because of content scaling to keep up with actual upgrades earned by elites, isn’t about catching up. It’s about not falling even further behind.

Sure it is. We have some new people coming back for 8.1 so it is catching them up.

1 Like

It sounds like you are using the broadest possible definition out of your own convenience and need to make a point that’s maybe not all that easy to make from actual facts.

1 Like

Well, why don’t you just ask Blizzard why this is the case then? All, I know is that it is catching some people up in gear so they can do the next raid.

I don’t need to ask blizzard. You’ve intentionally come up with a situation different from the one I was describing.

New people, especially those you are carrying, are going to be catching up. People who have been playing all along whose gear is made suddenly obsolete by ilvl scaling that makes them no longer able to do content are not catching up at all. They are paying off a penalty.

1 Like

No, I didn’t I just said how things are.

1 Like

Okay. You’re admitting you’re making it up as you go along and calling it “reality?”. What. Ever. If you say it enough times, it might even sound like you believe it yourself. But you still need to work on that some more. Maybe the script you are working off can help you…?

You are making stuff up but nice talking to you.

This is wrong, Ghostcrawler himself said Blizz do try to make the game as accesible as it could, he said he’s glad he no longer have to create a game catered to grandma when he moved to LOL.

That isnt what he said at all, and he was referring to the fact he preferred competitive edge games like LOL as they move in a different paradigm than an MMO does.

I shouil;d know…I spoke to him about that quote.

The typical failed propagandist attempts to divert attention from what he is doing by accusing others of doing just that.

That is exactly what you are doing.

2 Likes

I agree that guides, videos and the like really ruined games like this. You can’t really do content anymore without looking up guides on everything before hand. I really prefer the old gaming culture where we could jump in blind and learn as we go.

Yea i talked about it too with him, he posted on his blog that Blizzard is holding him back on changes because there are people that cant keep up with it.

No need to be offended being called grandma, he just use it because there are casual that are good even if they only play 3-5 hours a week, so he use the phrase grandma for the slow player that needs accesibility and UI assist to keep up.

Its not hard to see the target audience of BFA main feature like Warfront and Island really is.

1 Like

I was never offended and I wish people would drop that meme, its silly.

He used the word in a specific context, I pointed out the ageing playerbase in gaming.

WOW isnt a MOBA.

1 Like

Exactly, he used it to differentiate between casual (time) and casual (baddies).

1 Like

(baddies).

Just dont, okay?

It doesnt help your argument.

What do you want to call them?

What do you want to call them?

People. Players. Individuals.

The are no “baddies” and to me , the bad player is the one who uses epithets like this. People are not all of a sort, and never have been.

1 Like

That doesnt make sense, baddies are allowed to call people elitist and im supposed to call them person?

Even GC called them grandma, doesnt make sense to differentiate them as “Casual” and “People”