People DIDN'T Know What They Signed Up For

Perhaps if one only has a simpleton view of the game. Many of us on balanced PVP servers enjoy both the slaying of enemy players, but also the fragile periods when you are leveling side by side with the enemy in a fragile, unspoken temporary ceasefire. If you think that all PVP means is “red=dead” then I honestly feel sorry for you.

3 Likes

This is the problem. Server changes should have never been introduced into classic in the first place. Increasing server population should have not been a factor either. I applaud blizzard for trying to come up with a solution to the problem for waiting times. However, the solution propagated more issues. AAND here we are gents…

2 Likes

Personally I do hope they just let people leave PvP servers. Full transfers away.

They seem to be a pretty terrible environment, the players on them almost seem to come off as willfully ignorant of any actual issues, and if the PvPers end up having nothing to do because everyone left, they have no one to blame but themselves. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

I don’t derive my ego from video games/their forums.

Your statement sounds a lot more like projection than anything.

You’re not even contributing to this discussion in any way, and you’ve self-contradicted your main point while not replying when i pointed it out. This is the last time i’m replying to your nonsense.

I actually feel this a lot. I’ve talked to a lot of people who played vanilla, but they’ve conveniently “forgotten” a lot of details. It was 15 years ago for me too, seems suspicious.

2 Likes

If you didn’t know what you were getting into, you didn’t pay attention to anything wow PVP related since 2004.

PVP servers have always had balance issues. Even with the 3k cap the forums were filled with QQ over faction imbalance.

BGS came out and the tears flowed with ‘OMG i have to cue for hours to get a match’ because of ballance issues, so they introduced Xrealm BGS… didn’t help as much as you think.

Xserver phasing was introduced to try to give people more players to ‘interact’ with (not just for PVP reasons, but because of low pop reasons) and that didn’t help.

Blizz got rid of PVP servers and gave people ‘Warmode’ to try and fix it.
Servers still have balance issues (RE: having to incentivize the lower pop faction with extra rewards, that didn’t work anyway)

Please, you knew this was coming. If you didn’t, you are worse than those ‘rose tinted glasses’ folks you made fun of for wanting Classic in the first place.

Enjoy getting ganked repeatedly.

2 Likes

What amazes me is the number of people that seem to get off on the misery of others. I get it that people are responsible for their choices, but this is a game. Letting them transfer to a PVE server hurts no one except gankers that somehow believe that by not doing so it will increase their targets.

If Blizzard does nothing I can see in my crystal ball that PvP servers will suffer the same fate as in Vanilla and most will be basically PvE servers with contested areas where finding the opposite faction is like uncovering an extinct species. And yes, I did play in Vanilla on both PvE and PvP servers which is why I chose PvE only for this go around.

10 Likes

If blizzard understood their own game, they would have not allowed servers to be super populated to begin with. They must have done this to save money.
They would have had way more servers open at launch. They wouldn’t have ruined the pvp experience by allowing mostly alliance to transfer instead of more balanced faction transfers , either. They made 4 servers super imbalanced by letting all the alliance transfer to one server.

2 Likes

You know what would have been the best solution blizzard could have done to fix server issues? Tell players to re-roll a new character on a new server.

I mean we are talking about cause and effect situations here on a MASSIVE scale.

I think this is only time some of these kids get to feel ‘hard’…PVP4LIFEBRO!!!

This. The irony is they are just as willfully ignorant as the people who thought wpvp would be fair.

4 Likes

Why do you want people to suffer in this game? Blizzard could have easily created faction queues from the start, so that the imbalance wouldn’t be this skewed.

3 Likes

Like what exactly?

Letting people just move on with their lives and transfer away from servers they don’t want to be on?

Leaving the PvP griefers with nothing to do? Good riddance I say. personally I hope they get so bored they wander off to some other game.

3 Likes

These people ganking are not pvpers. They are gankers. The real pvpers want balanced battles. They are griefers and they have no skill at pvp, to enjoy this mindless zerg.

1 Like

The funny thing is obviously blizzard didn’t even see this coming or else they would have tried to do something to prevent the massacre we see today. If they had known this would have happened im 100% sure they would’ve just released bgs with p2.

1 Like

Game is working as intended. Love it or leave it I don’t care, just don’t forget to mail me your stuff before you shut the door.

Which is why I specifically said PvP Griefers, not PvPers. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind a bit of Coordinated PVP once in a while, but camping, and zerging over stuff? Nah.

Keep in mind, when they first decided to do classic, it was the with the thought of “only a small percentage of people will be interested”, once classic launched the server pops have struggled given that thought, so yes, they did not understand the appeal of a vanilla version of wow.

I do agree their server xfers have not been the greatest as it should have been faction based more then it has been, but aside from that, they did at least open a decent amount of servers compared to the original few on launch.

Also, in vanilla more people rolled alliance then horde initially, and alliance were the original victors in world pvp most of the time, as people did not really take into the factor that horde racials were better for pvp and such. honestly its just a big mess, but its not entirely on Blizz for it, a lot has to do with the player base as well. My biggest issue though, is that aside from server balance, there are literally people who have been pushing BG’s because they dont like wpvp at all, but rolled pvp servers. These same people are using the imbalance as a platform to complain. again, not all of the people upset are this, as I stated previously, there is a big variety of the types of people who joined pvp servers, but a lot did so without a true realization of what it would mean.

1 Like

No, I think that if you want to go to another server, you should have to reroll a new character just like you did in vanilla. Allowing these types of things to happen are the same reason retail is in the dumps.

If you want to encourage blizzard to kill the game, this is the way to do it.

This is exactly what the #nochanges group warned you guys about. So now, since you can just transfer off your server, now the servers become even MORE imbalanced.

Eh, i don’t actually like “balanced” battles as much. I prefer being outnumbered. 1v2 or 3v5 being ideal. It’s one thing to stomp another group, it’s another to stomp a bigger group.

“PEOPLE DIDN’T KNOW WHAT THEY SIGNED UP FOR”

Well, they do now don’t they?

Mistakes were made. You can reroll, gut it out and learn, or quit. Everyone has that choice. Welcome to WoW PVP servers.

Why feel sorry for people who make the wrong decisions? That’s how a person learns and grows.

3 Likes