People DIDN'T Know What They Signed Up For

Vanilla was never like this. Vanilla wasn’t even close to this.
And pointing out what happened years after people quit wow is sort of pointless given the entire point of classic was to relive vanilla.

1 Like

Were you really so naive as to think people would play the 15 year old version the same way they did back then rather than how they play retail now?

1 Like

they knew they just didnt know like everyone else the mass amount of people that wanted to play as well.

Well for starters the entire goal here was to recreate vanilla. So yes.

And no one knows how retail works because we all got lives and moved on but apparently there are no pvp servers so, whoops again.

My issue is with the mass amount of people that rolled on a pvp server so that they can sit on epic mounts with mc gear in ironforge.

I’d love nothing more than for these people to be as excited about pvp as horde players regardless of numbers.

1 Like

My issue is with the whiners personally with all this whining they have done they could have re rolled on a pve server and be lvl 30 by now.

they expect blizzard to push a magic faction balance button to fix it just for them…its not going to happen.

1 Like

I completely agree with your well reasoned and good faith argument. Unfortunately blizzard has demonstrated beyond any shadow of a doubt that they simply do not care.

The servers will die as the victimized players decide that getting robbed by blizzard to be subjected to their hellhole prison camp servers isn’t a great use of their time.

It was a fun run for sure. Would have loved to keep going but it’s important to face the reality that blizzard killed these servers on purpose and won’t fix them. Unsub, give up, go home. It’s over

2 Likes

What’s amusing to me, is that the people who are often the most adamant about people paying for “their” mistakes (because obviously everything is entirely on the individual, and there’s no other notable factors that drive people to make bad decisions) for wanting to leave pvp servers are likely not very high ranked/notable on them.

I don’t know a single serious pvper who cares about pve scrubs being able to transfer off. They don’t participate in your pvp experience.

The only people who seem to be holding on to this ridiculous notion that people NEED to reroll to learn some lesson they don’t actually know or care about are probably just boomers who are intoxicated “pull yourself up by your bootstrap” political rhetoric that they apply it to every aspect of their life regardless of anything. As well as people who are bottom feeders on pvp servers (gankers), so they need to find someone lower than them on the totem pole to belittle to make themselves feel better or more important than they are.

It’s fine to rib people for being scrubs, but trying to take it beyond that is poor taste.

1 Like

at the end of the day, you as an individual are 100% at the wheel of your entertainment and fun. The expectation that someone else will do something to modify your experience in more positive way is wishful thinking or outright entitlement.

I’m not against paid xfers, but currently, it doesn’t exist. If you are one of the pvpers not having fun on a pvp server, your choices are limited: quit, reroll, or endure what pvp servers are.

2 Likes

But chose to anyways.

1 Like

The point is that they aren’t all whiners. Most are just ignorant and bad, but there’s a population in there that is legitimate and is painted with the same brush.

So i’m indirectly defending the people who don’t deserve it, but it isn’t my intent.

One thing that I feel the pro current pvp environment people don’t seem to agree on is that the prime goal for Bliz is keeping players engaged. I know many, myself included, that have stopped playing as much because many zones are unplayable for leveling or end game content. While I like the idea of a pure pvp game, this isn’t a healthy environment for sustaining player base.

1 Like

Almost all end game content, WEO of world bosses are instanced. That means that you can’t make it unplayable.

You lose some questing zones to pvp, but that’s about it. Leveling is mostly just shifted to dungeon farming.

I’d argue PvP lasts longer than PvE without new content.

So it turns out people DID know what they signed up for and were willfully ignorant!

1 Like

Is removing the ability to quest, gather, and much outdoor content healthy for the long term health of the game?

For the first 2 weeks of the phase Tanaris was unplayable and even still much more dangerous than it should be.

100% truth! WPvP for any game that has tried to execute it has failed because there are way to many variables to control and no way to control them. That is why PvP games are instanced and even then they have huge issues with fair and balanced game play.

Yes, because it’s not the “game”. If you prefer that content over forced wpvp, then you can join a PvE server. Then you can do all of that, and then flag yourself when you want to pvp.

PvP servers are for people who WANT to sacrifice the PvE aspect for more PvP. So for those types of players, it’s absolutely better for the long term health of the game.

That’s just wrong. Many of us never played before and had no idea what it would be like yet were encouraged by the large majority on threads that the only “real” WoW experience was on a PVP server. What bullcrap that was.

Yes there were some who warned that it would be exactly what it is but they were the minority. It was hard to decide. I made the wrong choice and listened to the majority figuring there is wisdom in crowds. Not always.

1 Like

Sure. So why not allow PVP to PVE transfers so everyone who made a mistake can get to where they want to be and be happy. And don’t say reroll. We sunk a lot of time getting to end game to just now start over. Doing all the same quests again would now feel like a massive chore.

1 Like

I agree with this in principle, but do you think the current environment is what was intended when it was created? The game wasn’t designed for this level of population, faction imbalance, and all the changes throughout the years.