People DIDN'T Know What They Signed Up For

I have chastised the 30 odd 60’s sitting in Ironforge, while we are under constant attack. It would appear they are more interested in hopping around for game contents and fun.

The issue is they don’t have any real meaningful input, and want to still argue for some reason.

Therefore they create strawmen to attack and pretend people are saying things they aren’t, and dismiss the things that they are pretending people say. :woman_shrugging:

People signed up to play gnomes, gnome power!

I agree with the OP’s last post about transfers, however I don’t agree with the idea that people are “wasting time” or being “punished” if they have to reroll. This is a video game. Hit the reset button if your current gaming experience is too frustrating.

THANK YOU! You saved me reading your entire long post. You blame everything on Blizzard! Sigh. I disagree.

I disagree. The game rules are obvious. PVP servers differ from PVE servers by having WPVP. WPVP means “PVP when others want it, not when you want it”.

Anyone can understand that. It means “don’t solo – form a group to go anywhere”.

1 Like

So you saw one sentence you disagreed with, and ignored the follow up on me explaining why they failed. You don’t disagree with me, you didn’t even read what you would disagree with.

TLDR version: P2 honor was a trap for pve players to spend far more time in a pvp server than they should have. They experienced 2 months of being on PvE server before they had a chance to REALLY experience what a pvp server is. They would have found that out 1 hour into playing a P1 honor system.

As a PvP player you should have seen that coming from day 1 too.

Some did. Some didn’t. The only sure thing is that, within ten years, at least most of the people will understand what a PvP server is.

No they wont. most new gamers STILL won’t have experienced a PvP server, and it might even be a dead concept by then. Others will have forgotten the bad and glorified the good.

We’ll be exactly where we are now, if not worse.

Fine. I stand corrected. At least most of the people on PvP servers will understand what a PvP server is.

You have a very optimistic view on people, my friend.

Honestly this is all just a rehash of what’s been solved in retail with war mode. It’s why all the PvP servers on modern expansion WoW went PvE with a war mode option as I understood things.

This whole gripping about being stuck on a bad server is history repeating itself except this time there’s no changes happening. The option that existed back in the day for this problem is implemented and that is roll on a PvE server. The other option is to roll on a modern server where the problem is solved with war mode.

Seriously it’s re-invent the wheel at this point. Sometimes choices have consequences even in games.

The option was actually transfers to PvE servers. They don’t have them right now, which was my main point. You didn’t have to reroll in vanilla, you also weren’t in raid gear when the server turned into a pvp server.

I mean, it’s the most “edgy” combination you can come up with in classic. Rivaled only by the undead forsaken gank-rogue. But I think warlocks still win out. Lol

I wouldn’t be surprised if all of them are the culmination of Death knights, Demon hunters, and warlocks all condensed into one class in classic.

They act like they are 14 year old’s to boot.

No. This is misinformation that keeps getting spread around. Blizzard did away with PvP servers because they virtually got rid of ALL servers. Retail is just one big CRZ mess. They introduced PvP phasing for those that like the WPvP experience, which didn’t work out well at all.

Male undead for the edge. Female for the animations. lol

Blizzards at fault for creating these cry babies. Blizzard is chasing dollar bills and crafting the content for people that do not like being camped on PvP servers. We should/need to put limits on servers to maintain a certain balance…i.e., if horde is 50% to alliance 40% then no new accounts can be opened on the horde side on that server. Each account on the server already can create more characters (alts) but noone can create a “new” toon on the horde side on the server until within a 20% or so ratio. Something can be done.

one MASSIVE and GLARING issue with something like a population difference, is that’s not actually the breakdown of people who are 60 and pvping.

You’d need to track how many people killed/were killed in pvp to get a real idea of where those numbers land. Maybe a good makeshift census would be to look at rankings each weak on both side, and see how many people participated based on the brackets.

A lot of people could be bots, alts, raid logging pve players, or low levels.

That’s why no one should actually care what your population balance is, unless it’s something crazy high like 10:1, you could be on a 2:1 server and actually lean the opposite direction in wpvp.

I will admit some of the female undead animations are pretty neat. The flip slash is pretty on point.

You have a hard time taking my point seriously because you lack reading comprehension.

I never said the game was difficult. I said that your choices mattered because, for the most part, they were permanent. Paid realm transfers weren’t available until after Naxx was released. So from November of 2004 until mid August of 2006, your character was stuck where it was created, with the name you chose to give it. If you rolled on a pvp server and ended up regretting it, your only option for a very long time was to reroll elsewhere or pray they opened up free character migration to a new realm.

You’re right, most people didn’t know what they signed up for. Blizzard was extremely tight-lipped about 99% of things related to Classic. We had layering unexpectedly, a large amount of population (expectedly), and for some reason a shortage of servers. Even still, we don’t know what to expect because Blizzard is barely communicating with us. I don’t remember voting for x-realm BGs, was I supposed to expect that? It seems most people weren’t expecting them. We’re not even allowed to collect census data, so people who rolled on these servers had no idea how truly bad they were until layering was dropped fairly far in.

And no, I disagree with you, the size of the servers is where the problem is, it simply highlights and magnifies the imbalances. How many times have people asked for new servers? If they launched 10 tomorrow, most would have a healthy population (relative to actual vanilla) even a few months from now. We simply have too many people jammed together, in too small a world. At least with layering it was bearable to a point.

Also, where is your evidence that PvP servers are unpopular? 9 times out of 10 I saw people asking for more PvP servers. This also matches, because pops on quite a few PvE servers are relatively low in comparison.

I do agree xfers should be able to go to PvE servers, but these xfers are like trying to patch holes in a ship that’s already half-sunk. It really doesn’t help they’re letting people from minority factions transfer off, how will that help servers?

2 Likes