People be playing FFXIV too much, healers dont dps in WoW

Blizz said they designed around all classes being able to 15s. So I imagine in DF it will be 20s.

Although they dis nerf healijg so its probably harder for off healings to do that now.

I’d argue it’s not even a small amount. Over the course of an entire dungeon, that adds up quick.

Its probably about 1 minute. Give or take. Which, I admit, could be the deciding factor - but usually wouldnt be.

1 minute is not a small amount of time for M+ timing.

1 Like

So what? If it COULD be the deciding factor, and you’re deciding NOT to do it, it means that you go into every group knowing that you are making a decision that may cost them the key, that you could easily avoid.

So back to an earlier question; why on EARTH would I invite you knowing that you are happily taking unnecessary risk with my key, when I can invite someone else who doesn’t?

1 Like

lmao. I think you are taking this too seriously. If we didnt make the key because I didnt dps, but no one died, perhaps the dps need to do better.

Maybe they do
 but at least they are going in with best intentions. They might need to improve, but you are definitely choosing to do worse.

I cant argue with that. DPS is expected from the healer at this point.

I like small numbers, so I’m going to give small numbers in the following hypothetical.

There are 30 fights in a dungeon you want to run. Every encounter, DPS do 100 DPS. The tank does 50. You have the capability to do 10. These are not accurate ratios, and are very lenient toward your favor.

That’s one extra DPS for 3 fights worth from the healer alone, and for 15 fights from the tank.

So even if you’re doing 10% of a single DPS’ damage, your damage makes a considerable difference when you can fit it in. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

3 Likes

It’s expected of everyone else, though.

The most difficult role is fully subjective and depends on difficulty, level of group organization, and is pretty much on a fight to fight, instance to instance basis.

To an extent yes, because DPS is a huge part of most healing spec’s design. But there seem to be more healing checks in DF than SL.

You can finish a key with everyone RP walking the whole time, doesn’t mean it’s the best thing to do.

Roles dictate priority more than act as set, restrictive jobs. Healer’s top priority is healing, but that doesn’t mean that they did their job as a member of the group (that functions like a team) because they had <half the activity of everyone else.

1 Like

Yes, healing could change in DF. Im not in beta. Have to wait and see.

No, I dont think so lol

I think this is just the nature of the healing role. The healer will be less active that the rest of the group. Perhaps not though, if you squeeze out every global to dps on the side.

How much damage do you think a good healer should be doing.

I just got back into wow and actually am trying to get some higher m+ keys done.

Depending on my familiarity with the instance i can do about 2-3k dps overall. The better I know the instance the better my dps.

Just curious cause that paladin in your parse is doing over 3.5k

Glad to hear it. So
 /thread?

1 Like

Yeah. For now. Lets see how DF healing plays out. I expect healers to be working harder. Of course when things get outgeared - then the healer is the least role needed so turning to damage abilities is expected.

2 Likes

This honestly depends on spec and dungeon. I think aiming for 4-12k overall (which I admit is a pretty huge window) is more than good. But 2-3k is perfectly reasonable, albeit a bit on the lower side, but I admittedly seldom run with hpals.
(IME from running high 20s)

Honestly just do what you can.

1 Like

Who the hell is doing 12k dps ??

I mean
 people are doing beta keys right now, healers are dpsing every bit as much as right now. Unsure why you think anything would have significantly changed.

A lot of healers I run with finish at 8-12k overall.

2 Likes

40% player HP and mob damage increase.

Because of how damage and hp pools were increasaed but healing power wasnt.

I read a blue post saying how they wanted less spike damage. That seems to translate into the healer having to do more overall healing to refill larger HP amounts.